Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Grendels Dad posted:

Didn't they also have a Blitzkrieg?

Yeah but Blitzkrieg used that name all over the place it wasn’t like WCW branded them with that name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Didn't they also have a Blitzkrieg?

Blitzkrieg was Blitzkrieg before WCW.

Final Solution was an actual WCW name.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1259503884759896066?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I watched NBR a while back thinking that match's objective was to take Judy off the forklift, but no, it was just a regular match with Judy yelling in the background. What a disappointment.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Max Coveri posted:

I watched NBR a while back thinking that match's objective was to take Judy off the forklift, but no, it was just a regular match with Judy yelling in the background. What a disappointment.
:russo:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't know if they say it in that match, but in my head I can distinctly hear Hudson and/or Madden asking "How do you win this match Schiavone?". Followed by silence.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

We really need to watch Halloween Havoc 1999 for Tuesday Nitro at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4btBbC4i8dI

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 18, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So uh Buff Bagwell is divorced and losing fights.

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1262541369412849665

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

So uh Buff Bagwell is divorced and losing fights.

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1262541369412849665

https://twitter.com/PW_Cinema/status/1262548915305529344

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1262433264402403328

This is going to be wonderful.

For those who don't know the series, What Happened? is about video games (and occasionally movies) that had a very troubled production and usually came out as garbage. Apparently, this is going to be the longest episode yet.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m not convinced that hat isn’t a parasite and taking it off wouldn’t kill buff bagwell

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Would anyone even care if DDP took him in after this?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy fuckin poo poo Scott had amazing looks early on

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's Rick

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy fuckin poo poo Rick had amazing looks early on

thx

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Yeah, that's right

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Missy Hyatt lookin like she got an OnlyFans check

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Raven was ahead of his time

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Missy Hyatt lookin like she got an OnlyFans check

I did NOT recognize her. When was this?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maxwell Lord posted:

I did NOT recognize her. When was this?

early 90s when Hogan came in. She managed the Nasty Boys. I had to GIS the image because whew, that was a look.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Maxwell Lord posted:

I did NOT recognize her.
Same. I thought it was Jenna Jameson for some reason.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I didn't recognise her either!

My first thought was like, True Blue era Madonna?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Are the WCW six-man titles among the least prestigious titles in wrestling? They certainly are some of the ugliest.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maigius posted:

Are the WCW six-man titles among the least prestigious titles in wrestling? They certainly are some of the ugliest.

more prestigious than any title in WWE currently :colbert:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Maigius posted:

Western States Heritage title has to be right up there.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Beef Wellington Father Fucker Championship is either the most prestigious championship, or the least. But it's not anywhere between those.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Western States Heritage title has to be right up there.

The first thing Wikipedia links to kind of says it all

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My favorite least prestige title ever is the WWF Light Heavyweight Belt that they abandoned to Mexico and Japan where it got traded around and then Ultimo Dragon won it as one of the 8 belts he had in the J-Crown and went to WCW and WWF was like "WHOOPS!" and stripped him and held a tournament for the belt with a division that didn't actually exist at the time.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The odds of Missy Hyatt having a OnlyFans if Onlyfans was a thing at the time are considerable.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maigius posted:

Any of the 12 Herb Abrams' UWF Titles, most of which had only one holder. One time I saw the UWF SportsChannel Television Championship in a pawn shop and I can't figure out if it was the real one or a Replica because both are equally improbable for showing up in a pawn shop in Southern New Hampshire.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 22, 2020

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

ChrisBTY posted:

The odds of Missy Hyatt having a OnlyFans if Onlyfans was a thing at the time are considerable.

Starting one now would be a pretty easy way to get $30 out of Brent Kremen every month.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Angry_Ed posted:

Any of the 12 Herb Abrams' UWF Titles, most of which had only one holder. One time I saw the UWF SportsChannel Television Championship in a pawn shop and I can't figure out if it was the real one or a Replica because both are equally improbable for showing up in a pawn shop in Southern New Hampshire.

I kinda hope they're sitting in some weirdos collection so when people visit he can tell them the hilarious story of a guy that offed himself with coke and strippers. Sometimes we need monuments to warn us.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Angry_Ed posted:

Lenny Duge still has the original. There had to have been replicas made at some point, as the scammer who called himself "Herb Abrams Jr." had one last year

Mike Vartanian designed all of Herb's belts and then went on to make all the belts for ECW. In fact, the first ECW World Title was just a redesign of the UWF World Title that Steve Williams defended at Blackjack Brawl in 1994

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

That ECW title is much better than the one they ended up using in their heyday.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I never realized the Eastern Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Title that Shane Douglas had the night he threw down the NWA title was just the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance belt with the ECW logo bolted onto it

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember an interview with Paul Heyman where the question was put to him straight: why Shane Douglas of all people? And he was very politic about it and immediately insisted that he absolutely saw Shane as The Guy.

I'm not at all familiar with ECW before they had a national TV deal, so what was it that made him The Guy at that moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember an interview with Paul Heyman where the question was put to him straight: why Shane Douglas of all people? And he was very politic about it and immediately insisted that he absolutely saw Shane as The Guy.

I'm not at all familiar with ECW before they had a national TV deal, so what was it that made him The Guy at that moment?

Decent look, decent size, decent promo, decent worker, sober enough to show up to work, some name value, able to do a "the big leagues never gave me the shot I deserved" bit that sounds convincing, not likely to be signed away by a bigger company in the next three months, young enough to come across as counter-culture without looking like a doofus. How many other guys in ECW at that time checked every one of those boxes?