Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

snoo posted:

I was told today my boss is still pushing for me to take a LoA or else they'll put me on the schedule again and I'm wondering if this is just another way to gently caress me out of unemployment lmao

why didn't you just loving fire me!! I haven't been there for two months!!!

what state do you live in snoo

Some states are approving PUA if you get your hours cut or otherwise aren't "fired" but still have drastically reduced income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

snoo posted:

I was told today my boss is still pushing for me to take a LoA or else they'll put me on the schedule again and I'm wondering if this is just another way to gently caress me out of unemployment lmao

its to avoid litigation if you're part of a protected class, OP

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

what state do you live in snoo

Some states are approving PUA if you get your hours cut or otherwise aren't "fired" but still have drastically reduced income

MD

yeah I think even if I got on a LoA NOW I should still, TECHNICALLY, get unemployment for the two months I've been at zero hours and not working / not offered hours, but, I literally haven't heard anything back in 3 weeks about my unemployment claim and it doesn't allow me to file weekly work search claims anymore :whitewater:

I applied in early/mid-april

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Zil posted:

Now imagine the stuff they hand out during communion, just covered in Covid

Dunked in Covid baptism pools

Bitten by Covid snakes

Swatted by holy Covid suit jackets

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

mastershakeman posted:

There are like 5 places that have high volume exhalation in close quarters, e.g. meatpacking plants, bars, gyms, sports stadiums, and of course churches

Whoooo

6-foot wide halls in every office building that allow infected chuds who refuse to wear masks to crop dust virus cells all day passing one another.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

snoo posted:

Depending on your state, if you get fired for incompetence, you'll qualify for unemployment.

So just do a slow rear end walk, drop more than several stuffs, take one or three breaks frequently, sass back to the customers and so forth.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Luckyellow posted:

Depending on your state, if you get fired for incompetence, you'll qualify for unemployment.

So just do a slow rear end walk, drop more than several stuffs, take one or three breaks frequently, sass back to the customers and so forth.

that would require physically going back to my tiny rear end store full of disgusting customers unfortunately

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

snoo posted:

document document document and let them do what they will.

You're in Baltimore, no? The city is still under a stay-in-place. Is your employment essential?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

isn't the Vatican even doing remote Masses right now? I think weekly masses and especially weekly communion is a relatively recent thing in that Church anyway.

I know some US Catholic churches are super chuddy and want to/have been open.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Not a Children posted:

document document document and let them do what they will.

You're in Baltimore, no? The city is still under a stay-in-place. Is your employment essential?

not in the city. the county allowed retail to reopen today :sadpeanut:

they also declared themselves essential since the beginning and haven't closed fully at all

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m definitely coming down with something and I can’t even tell if it’s corona or not cuz it’s a small fever so far. I have no idea what to do :negative:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

I’m definitely coming down with something and I can’t even tell if it’s corona or not cuz it’s a small fever so far. I have no idea what to do :negative:

rip

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll tell you one thing that's definitely going to die because of covid is my marriage.

Every other day - you know what I really want today is some fuckin *insert lovely iowa dinner like creamed potatoes*

My response - haha that's great honey but we have plenty here and we'll be fine

I know. I'm just going to go for a walk.

*comes back from walk with bags of groceries* I forgot my mask but they said it was okay! Give me a kiss!

It's a good thing we don't have kids.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Kissing virus
Ingratiating virus
In BED with a virus

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yeah rip

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

this post will either be uninteresting or extremely sad in a month

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zberan Madowinty posted:

I'll tell you one thing that's definitely going to die because of covid is my marriage.

good news!

Zberan Madowinty posted:

i have a real "andy griffith and the fun girls" type of situation in downtown des moines where some girls I dated back in the day like to get sloshed and come by my place at 1 AM. I haven't had to deal with that in months, but I have a feeling that changes after this Friday lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fosborb posted:

good news!

Haha

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

we're all gonna get it so dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed wife

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Covid wife, covid life!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mayor Dave posted:

Covid wife, covid life!

could I also perhaps get a covid knife? for reasons

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BeefThief posted:

we're all gonna get it so dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed wife

I've had a cough, runny nose, stomachache, and/or sore throat for at least one day a week every week for years now, I'm under the assumption I'm never gonna know when I'm actually sick

I may have already had it, in January there was a brief period where I had all that plus a fever

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fosborb posted:

good news!

Speaking of, they didn't show up despite people packing into bars and poo poo last Friday, which is extremely their scene.

I think I'm just tired of women in general. I'm not into men either. I just don't want people to be around for the rest of my life, that's doable right

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zil posted:

could I also perhaps get a covid knife? for reasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tagnCKatOsg

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#ronibreak did you know there was a sequel to too many cooks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKjmDPGJI-4

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Speaking of, they didn't show up despite people packing into bars and poo poo last Friday, which is extremely their scene.

I think I'm just tired of women in general. I'm not into men either. I just don't want people to be around for the rest of my life, that's doable right

thats depression

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Every other day - you know what I really want today is some fuckin *insert lovely iowa dinner like creamed potatoes*

My response - haha that's great honey but we have plenty here and we'll be fine

I know. I'm just going to go for a walk.

*comes back from walk with bags of groceries* I forgot my mask but they said it was okay! Give me a kiss!

It's a good thing we don't have kids.

kissing my husband to own the libs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This thread is quiet. All the usual posters must be out preparing for their memorial day cookouts and celebrating the end of these unnecessary lockdowns.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

shovelbum posted:

thats depressioncel

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This thread is quiet. All the usual posters must be out preparing for their memorial day cookouts and celebrating the end of these unnecessary lockdowns.

I've been practicing my social distancing cough

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Get your poo poo together America.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Chris James 2 posted:

they don't want us anymore :smith:

nobody likes us
nobody likes us

guess I'll go eat worms!!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Pindakaas posted:

you can't make us!

no, seriously. you can't make us. even we can't make us

help

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pindakaas posted:

no u

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

im just feeling jeb level energy today

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

im chilling with my wife that i love very much and also thinking about how much im gonna get hosed over either way re: work

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Zberan Madowinty posted:

sounds like your well on you're way!!

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shovelbum posted:

thats depression

this is my ideal life honestly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt0uLCI14YA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Man, I loved Fester's Quest, apparently it's pretty reviled as a NES game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Chris James 2 posted:

they don't want us anymore :smith:

To be fair, they never really wanted us in the first place, but our sweet, sweet American monies on the other hand...