Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This reply reads like one of those horrible t-shirts you see advertised on Facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yes i am AMERICAN

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

When you're making rovert look good, what hope is there for you? This is what rock bottom looks like.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was funny to see darkstar. it's too bad there isn't a thread for talking about people who used to post here and those who still do, the fight island universe, without other requirements. in a place like that, posters could get voted on during 'matches' against eachother, and there could be cards and championships posted. it's not quite an e-fed because it's based on your regular posting popularity with other posters and you don't do promos or anything like that. you just exist. It would be called a popularity promotion. I'll never create the 'popularity promotion' since it's against the wishes of the moderators.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

why would you take pride in not reading?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: sorry, bad joke that wasn't good

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 23, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well i don't know about Venomous, the drat freaking snake, but i have more good things to say about others than bad, and no desire to doxx anyone!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Venomous posted:

I dunno man. A lot of people take pride in not wearing masks and licking stair railings; it's easy to see the same people taking pride in not consuming words with their eyballs.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

well i don't know about Venomous, the drat freaking snake, but i have more good things to say about others than bad, and no desire to doxx anyone!

sorry, that was a bad joke. You're good people Cavauro :)

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

StarkRavingMad posted:

He's a libertarian. It's like being a nihilist. These men are cowards.

Hey now, libertarians aren't totally nihilists, they believe in some things. They're just terrible things, like lowering the age of consent.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won't fall for it again you drat freaking snake

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Meanwhile this shithead

https://twitter.com/Marchofthegw33d/status/1264051398519541762?s=19

(definitely just some arsehole trolling, but loving hell....)

EDIT: didn't get a screenshot but it was a turdball replying to Meltzer talking about the death of Hana Kimura by posting a gif of Snoop Dogg saying "who?"

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 23, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Too many to count and it's fish in a barrel but /r/terracehouse is FULL of people justifying their conduct toward her while also lamenting her death.

Scum of the loving earth.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

it was funny to see darkstar. it's too bad there isn't a thread for talking about people who used to post here and those who still do, the fight island universe, without other requirements. in a place like that, posters could get voted on during 'matches' against eachother, and there could be cards and championships posted. it's not quite an e-fed because it's based on your regular posting popularity with other posters and you don't do promos or anything like that. you just exist. It would be called a popularity promotion. I'll never create the 'popularity promotion' since it's against the wishes of the moderators.

I'd be Baron Corbin of this promotion :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you will never be the baron corbin of something that doesn't exist

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Venomous posted:

Basically anti-intellectualism turned into a point of pride.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

One of these is not like the other...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

“SparkleCrotchLover” is a Kevin Dunn alt confirmed

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

But it's not like people should but dumping on Dunn's teeth, either. The issue is just that Dunn is a hypocrite about that topic.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
There's so much poo poo to dunk on Dunn about that there's no reason to even think about his teeth

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There's so much poo poo to dunk on Dunn about that there's no reason to even think about his teeth
Well yeah, that too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

always save the below the belt shot for the victory handshake. Just lean in and golfclap their balls.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's difficult not to go after his teeth when you hear audio of him systematically dismantling the women on screen down to their specific body parts. I'm not defending it, just that I understand.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am generally of the opinion that if a person is awful, take all the swings at their appearance you want, because awful people deserved to be mocked and feel hurt and small but I am also against propagating Jim Cornette's insults so whatever.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

shaming someone for their appearance hurts more people than the person you're trying to hurt tho

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's difficult not to go after his teeth when you hear audio of him systematically dismantling the women on screen down to their specific body parts. I'm not defending it, just that I understand.
...where is there audio of this?

We've heard stories, and we've heard that he may have said similar things in the truck that WWE may actually have recordings of, but I don't recall there being anything like that on the one instance of Kevin Dunn headset audio we have.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

davidbix posted:

...where is there audio of this?

We've heard stories, and we've heard that he may have said similar things in the truck that WWE may actually have recordings of, but I don't recall there being anything like that on the one instance of Kevin Dunn headset audio we have.

I could be mistaken, and considering your reaction, I probably am. But I somehow remember the leaked production audio from the early NXT had him making poo poo comments about the women, specifically how they look.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
This is by Alex Greenfield, former WWE writer

quote:

Case in point, one of the big rubs on KD: he’s a misogynist influence on the product. I can tell you this is absolutely true and I learned it almost from jump street. One of the long term stories I’m most proud of from my time at WWE was being the principal producer on the Trish Stratus/Mickie James “Single White Female” story. There’s no humble in the brag when I say we grabbed the audience by the throat by a couple weeks into the angle and our quarter-hour ratings bore that out.

The first time we were given a crossover segment because the story was getting over, KD fought it tooth and nail. He fought us every week. Show was heavy? KD wanted to cut Trish/Mickie. “Temple of Trish” segment? KD argued that we needed more action and people would get bored. Lesbian kiss? “Trish has gotta like it!” Every single element, he wanted both protagonist and villain to be sexier and stupider.

Perhaps the following scene will be more instructive. You are on the WWE corporate jet. Imagine every rock star plane in any movie: four captain’s chairs facing each other in the front. Behind them, two benches facing each other across the aisle on which are crammed the writers. The captains? Vince, KD, Michael Hayes, HHH (Steph was on maternity leave, of Hayes would have been on the bench). We’re flying back from TV after taping one of the early WWECW shows. Kelly Kelly has just been introduced as the domestic [violence] partner of Mike Knox.

Hayes: She just feels cold, you know? She’s not connecting. Vince: Mm. She needs to find her sensuality.

KD hops up and down in seat with sniggering laughter in that “Hey, boss, pay attention to me” way. Vince turns to him.

KD: She NEEEEDS to find some TITS!

KD continues to snicker, eyes on Vince, begging for approval. Vince snorts. Conversation continues.

This kind of thing? The tendency to present women as only softcore objects? Those conversations came every single day, and KD was the WORST about pissing on any serious woman’s program.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SCJerk is mad about Cody going over.

quote:

LMFAO, this is hilarious, sorry but there's no jerk thread for this event
This is legitimately hilarious, this is a company who's big selling point was "WE LISTEN TO THE FANS", and they completely forgot that WCW tried that with Russo and failed
Regardless, can't wait for Cody to lose the title at the next PPV because fans complained he wins to much
Only for them to complain Cody loses too much
Only for him to win the title again at the next PPV
Only for the fans to complain that the title feels like a hot potato
Only for Cody to hold the title for a long time until the fans start to say that Cody is boring
Only for him to turn heel.
Which would be great.
But also, he wins too much so...he would lose the title.
And then he would beat some young up and coming face.
And the fans would complain he buries young talent
And then he will start losing.
But then.... "Cody losses too much, he doesn't feel like a serious threat"
Only for him to start winning again
Rinse and repeat

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm blocked so I won't be able to read this tweet until I post it but I know it's bad without reading it.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1264401561289060354

Edit: I haven't seen a single person who didn't like the match.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

I'm blocked so I won't be able to read this tweet until I post it but I know it's bad without reading it.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1264401561289060354

You can just log out of Twitter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherofmustard posted:

You can just log out of Twitter.

I can do a lot of things but it's nicer to just blind post things because you know they are stupid.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
You absolutely nailed it because that match was about the only thing that could brighten my spirits today and make me feel good about the world in any way shape or form.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

That's because you're not going to the worst places

Not sure if this is the hot take they'll be running with as currently they're preoccupied with being really mad at Cody and making dozens of posts comparing him to Jeff Jarrett so we'll see what they eventually settle on.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 24, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Not sure if this is the hot take they'll be running with as currently they're preoccupied with being really mad at Cody and making dozens of posts comparing him to Jeff Jarrett so we'll see what they eventually settle on.

Cody has bigger Lex Luger energy to me

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

That's because you're not going to the worst places

they've also gone hard on how Hana Kimura being bullied mercilessly to the point of not being able to take it and people being against it is literal hypocrisy aaginst how they treat WWE and verging very close to not caring about Hana in the process because "and yet you are part of society" i am smrat dickheads

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I agree that Cody is good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Talking with my friends who aren't hardcore committed to either AEW or WWE wrestling we pretty much agreed its down to what kinda brainworms you got. I know I got the AEW brainworms. I think they're ok. But there are people that like their WWE brainworms. I don't get them. And I think you end up with a false equivalency if you try to compare the two.

TBH I thought the Shad Gaspard tribute with ocean background was kinda iffy so I could see people who are really sensitive about drowning not being real happy about the water spots either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody has bigger Lex Luger energy to me

If Cody was a bigger Lex Luger then Vince would have actually pushed him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want a Lex Luger but equipped with a dedicated team of scientists and doctors. Legit people dedicated to making him bigger faster live longer. Experimental drug golem.