Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
gently caress everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This was the last tweet that Hana’s account liked

https://twitter.com/dx6n0kfrvv6fpzm/status/1263489512946061313

Google Translate posted:

I wish everyone was happy if you left early.
Really disappear fast.

loving scumbags.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Shad and Hana in the same week. gently caress 2020 :(

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hana Kimura killed herself because some "fans" got worked by a loving reality show and verbally abused her to death.

And none of them will feel any remorse or punishment because they did it behind burner accounts and anonymity.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

dsriggs posted:

loving scumbags.

It translated different for me

quote:

If you leave soon
I'm happy everyone.
Really disappear quickly.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Society is loving poisonous and social media is making it worse.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That shitfucker is all over her mentions saying stuff about how she should disappear.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Japan hates women.

Twitter refuses to take accountability for their users.

Everything sucks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

dsriggs posted:

loving scumbags.

That account along with a ton of others had been issuing targeted harassment at her for a while. Whoever has been doing that deserves to be charged. Harassing someone to the point of suicide cannot go unpunished.

I'm so angry and so upset. I don't really have the words.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Japan hates women.

Twitter refuses to take accountability for their users.

Everything sucks.

She was a woman of mix heritage which is still something japan hasn't quite worked through yet.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Holy poo poo loving what

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wait this was all because of a reality show?! Goddamn :(

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Akileese posted:

That account along with a ton of others had been issuing targeted harassment at her for a while. Whoever has been doing that deserves to be charged. Harassing someone to the point of suicide cannot go unpunished.

I'm so angry and so upset. I don't really have the words.

OH WOW

I just glanced at it and thought it was an official Adidas account or something

Jesus christ

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

coconono posted:

She was a woman of mix heritage which is still something japan hasn't quite worked through yet.

The racial component to the abuse she received cannot be ignored. I remember there being another girl who received a lot of cyber bullying for her "actions" on the show and it just so happened she was dating a black housemate. It was not a coincidence.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think we hosed up with the internet but holy poo poo is twitter one of the worst ideas humans have ever had.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't wait for twitter to fix this by *checks notes* removing the numbers next to replies, retweets and likes so you won't know when a tweet gets ratioed.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It happened to a Japanese person so @jack won't do poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What the gently caress. That’s absolutely awful.

I was really hoping the response earlier today indicated she was going to be okay. This is horrific. gently caress every single one of those assholes that caused this.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is loving terrible.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
gently caress, how depressing. Poor Hana.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

What a weird, sad week for wrestling. Jesus Christ.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Japan hates women.

Thanks professor.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

hadji murad posted:

Thanks professor.

I'm confused what this is even for??

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

hadji murad posted:

Thanks professor.

the bullying from the japanese fans was also misogynistic because she didn't act "lady like" on the show

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hiram posted:

I'm confused what this is even for??

A sweeping statement like “Japan hates women” pissed me off. Not a good comeback but didn’t want bullshit like that getting a pass.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah, that garbage can with the adidas logo repeatedly called her a "gorilla"

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

hadji murad posted:

A sweeping statement like “Japan hates women” pissed me off. Not a good comeback but didn’t want bullshit like that getting a pass.

Then maybe go to said poster and express that. We don't need to perpetuate anger towards each other here. We're all on the same side, my friend.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

hadji murad posted:

"Japan has problems with racism and sexism." Is that better?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hiram posted:

Then maybe go to said poster and express that. We don't need to perpetuate anger towards each other here. We're all on the same side, my friend.

That’s why I was sarcastic towards him.

I live in Tokyo and have two daughters. Seeing someone say their entire country hates them pissed me off and also reminded me that I should probably take a break myself. Sorry if I caused offence. I’ll unbookmark this thread for a while.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God this is all just horrible, gently caress.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Nothing will ever happen to Twitter, but its frankly a pox. Horrific method of communication that just leads to constant malevolent tribalism and outrage trains. If you shuttered the service now the world would probably be net better off.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

she’d posted cute Instagram stories and a photo of her and her kitty just hours before.

surreal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAf_XFcJ8jQ/?igshid=g5xxvnyiwdwq

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Nothing will ever happen to Twitter, but its frankly a pox. Horrific method of communication that just leads to constant malevolent tribalism and outrage trains. If you shuttered the service now the world would probably be net better off.

It is 100% the worst website ever created.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"Huh, Hana Kimura is a TT on Brazilian Twitter, weird, wonder why...ah, gently caress"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

the escape goat posted:

she’d posted cute Instagram stories and a photo of her and her kitty just hours before.

surreal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAf_XFcJ8jQ/?igshid=g5xxvnyiwdwq

If I’m understanding the text right, she’s saying ”I love you, live a long and happy life. Sorry.”

gently caress

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 23, 2020

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

extradite THIS! posted:

If I’m understanding the text right, she’s saying ”I love you, live a long and happy life. Sorry.”

gently caress

As someone who'd probably have been dead years ago if I didn't have my cat, this is what got me.

god this is awful to read about

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

extradite THIS! posted:

gently caress
That's the right translation, people were speculating that she had tried to put down her kitten and then herself but failed to kill herself before her friends had gotten into contact with her until the news broke.

It's horrible to think about what some people in the industry went through in their latter years, but Hana was 22. She was SO young and got bullied to death because of social media. I am so loving mad about social media right now. Rather than curbing troll accounts, racists, and shitheads Twitter decided to roll out the option for verified accounts to make tweets people can't respond to, which almost every verified account started to meme about.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/sexychuckiet/status/1263972408719007744?s=21

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RealFoxy posted:

That's the right translation, people were speculating that she had tried to put down her kitten and then herself but failed to kill herself before her friends had gotten into contact with her until the news broke.

It's horrible to think about what some people in the industry went through in their latter years, but Hana was 22. She was SO young and got bullied to death because of social media. I am so loving mad about social media right now. Rather than curbing troll accounts, racists, and shitheads Twitter decided to roll out the option for verified accounts to make tweets people can't respond to, which almost every verified account started to meme about.
To make matters worse, Kairi is tweeting about it right now, once she saw the self harm pictures she and Io had immediately contacted Rossi and Jungle Kyona, according to Kairi, Kyona tried to get to her home but she was too late to save her. It's likely that she had already planned on killing herself after the pictures she had posted and was just telling people not to worry about her and that she was fine and nobody made it to her in time. Likely the last thing Hana did was delete the pictures and tell people she was fine.

e: there's people much better at translating Japanese than I am, but Io and Kairi seemed to be the first ones to reach out and Kairi is taking it extremely hard right now.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Not too long ago, QANon shitwits were talking about how drinking bleach "would protect them from the coronavirus." I said something to the effect of 'If that's what they think, then they can drink all the bleach they want.'
In less than a minute, I got reported and slapped with a 48 hour ban.

Conversely, a woman gets hundreds of daily messages telling her that she should die over a goddamn reality show. Eventually it becomes too much and she takes her own life.
Will Twitter do anything about that? NOPE. Not a chance in Hell.

loving bullshit.