Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watch It Burn
Apr 8, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

For anyone who used to roll in from the pub on a weekend circa the turn of the millennium, stick the telly on and be amused by irreverent late night video review show VIDS, my lockdown project of getting (almost) all the old episodes off source disk and online is now complete. Its a shame they had to be nudity-censored and content-edited to keep inside the YouTube guidelines, but better than nothing.

This is fantastic, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
One day Laura Kuenssberg is going to leave the BBC, take up a job as a tory press officer and every blue tick telling her off right now will be lining up to congratulate her. There is no comeuppance. She's untouchable and knows it and doesn't even care to pretend she doesn't.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
some Tories are still on team Dom at least https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1263941081957310466?s=20

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Whoopty freakin' do

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1263955782346907653

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Actually, there was a report in one of the papers a few years ago, they'd come across a load of either Al Qaeda or ISIS documents - I can't remember which - and they were extremely business like with cvs, targets, accounts, receipts etc.

Ed: Al Qaeda

https://web.archive.org/web/20141027041245/http://bigstory.ap.org/article/060-cake-al-qaida-records-every-expense

ed2: but don't forget your Hello Kitty notebook :) Syrian Rebel Leader (Islamic Front rebels - allies of Al Qaeda) Alloush talking to the troops with trusty Hello Kitty notebook at his side.

Nobody would expect your book of enemies to look like that :ssh:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Call me thick, I'm finding it hard to translate that tweet!

“I find it very difficult to see how No 10 or Dominic Cummings could conceivably say that he hasn’t acted within the rules, certainly that he has acted within the spirit of the rules.”

Are No 10 / DC saying he hasn't acted with the rules - but has acted within the spirit of the rules?

That's the most sense I can make of it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Knives are out for Cummings, he sat in a metal isolation box that goes zoom for a few hours boohoo it's a fake scandal

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think he misspoke and meant he doesn't see how No 10 could say he has acted within the rules, let alone the spirit of the rules.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Nothing dommy Cumcums does is going to result in him resigning or being fired because of his superior brain

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

crispix posted:

Nobody would expect your book of enemies to look like that :ssh:

According to some sources ('the internet') - seeing this rebel leader with a Hello Kitty notebook was sufficient to convince Obama & Cameron that the Syrian Rebels (guilty of some major atrocities) were 'our type of rebels' :jihad: and donate £££ and :blastu: unlike the other guys' rebels :jihad:

Remember Cameron said there were 70000 :jihad: waiting to support us to do a regime change democracy against Assad if we bombed the crap out of Syria? That was them Hisb El Kitty.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

“I find it very difficult to see how No 10 or Dominic Cummings could conceivably say that he hasn’t acted within the rules, certainly that he has acted within the spirit of the rules.”

Are No 10 / DC saying he hasn't acted with the rules - but has acted within the spirit of the rules?

That's the most sense I can make of it.

The state broadcaster discovers that a c@nt working for the government openly says them pleb rules don't apply to me and fails to articulate it.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Vitamin P posted:

Knives are out for Cummings, he sat in a metal isolation box that goes zoom for a few hours boohoo it's a fake scandal

it absolutely isn't, he blatantly broke both the letter and the spirit of the rules

also it just defies common sense to drive for 5 hours (without stopping even once, obviously) when you're so ill with potential coronavirus that you aren't physically able to look after your four year old, so you can deliver that four year old to your parents who are particularly at risk of getting seriously ill from your possible coronavirus

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Vitamin P posted:

But other people were banned /turned back by police from going to second homes even though it would have been the same in theory?

Right now, there are police checkpoints on the Wye Valley this weekend turning back anyone who thinks they're going to sneak into Wales that way (which given the border snakes in and out of various villages along the way there - you can live in England but your doc & nearest shop is in Wales, or vice versa is a bit trying).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

It went zoom over to his elderly parents while he was displaying COVID-19 symptoms, though.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Okay didn't know he was symptomatic, posted in haste but objectively I've been owned online. Having covid symptoms and travelling is an absolute oval office move.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Why couldn't the parents just, uhh, pick him up at their place if that's the only way.

Or if they have any extended family then have take care of the kids instead of exposing elderly parents to covid.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Actually, there was a report in one of the papers a few years ago, they'd come across a load of either Al Qaeda or ISIS documents - I can't remember which - and they were extremely business like with cvs, targets, accounts, receipts etc.

Ed: Al Qaeda

https://web.archive.org/web/20141027041245/http://bigstory.ap.org/article/060-cake-al-qaida-records-every-expense

ed2: but don't forget your Hello Kitty notebook :) Syrian Rebel Leader (Islamic Front rebels - allies of Al Qaeda) Alloush talking to the troops with trusty Hello Kitty notebook at his side.

This was a super interesting read. Not what the mental image portrays but it makes a ton of sense.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Private Speech posted:

Why couldn't the parents just, uhh, pick him up at their place if that's the only way.

Or if they have any extended family then have take care of the kids instead of exposing elderly parents to covid.

The parents wouldn't have been able to flash a piece of paper that says "I'm Dominic Cummings I can have you fired" to any police that might have stopped them on the road.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol the genetically superior mastermind ran home crying to his mummy the first second his herd immunity strategy got too close to home.

Deeply stupid, deeply selfish people.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's funny, this last week loads of people have been joking "okay I can't see my parents, but if I put my house up for sale and invite them around for a 'viewing' THEN it's okay", when in fact according to the govt's spokeswoman all you had to do to be able to visit your family is simply to contract the virus! And while most sensible people were thinking having a highly contagious virus meant you should be quarantined, it actually means you can go wherever you want (as long as you're a Tory, obv).

DC won't even get kicked off of SAGE for this.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
I think a few pages ago, Jose posted a tweet from some woman whose surname is Gentleman who, turns out is the Panto Clown's SIL.

Now this, WTAF.... comical poo poo

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1263919265469607943

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Thanks to vidz guy I loved that show

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

For anyone who used to roll in from the pub on a weekend circa the turn of the millennium, stick the telly on and be amused by irreverent late night video review show VIDS, my lockdown project of getting (almost) all the old episodes off source disk and online is now complete. Its a shame they had to be nudity-censored and content-edited to keep inside the YouTube guidelines, but better than nothing.

Holy poo poo, thank you.

Don't suppose you have all of Noisy Mothers somewhere?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I put a test tape in from the big box of unlabelled cassettes to check the VCR was still working and it was the Exploitica episode with The Curious Dr. Humpp :o:

Seems to be a few of them online already: https://www.youtube.com/user/ExploiticaRidesAgain/playlists

:swoon: Thank you!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Boris and Cummies must be raging that their BBC mouthpiece is getting the boot into Dommy boy

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Vitamin P posted:

Okay didn't know he was symptomatic, posted in haste but objectively I've been owned online. Having covid symptoms and travelling is an absolute oval office move.

He didn't just travel, he literally moved in with his elderly parents by the looks of things

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There was a petrol station advert way back in the day that said you were always two toasters from Scunthorpe

It was: "On-ly twenty-four toasters fron Scunthorpe! On-ly six double beds from Torquay!" I have so many dumb jingles from childhood adverts stuck in my head. I can still recite the entire "Red car and the blue car had a race" song from that Milky Way advert now.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Nothing will happen to cummies. Nothing will happen to kuennsberg. We're so far post embarrassment and shame politics.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Prediction: Nothing will be reaped here.

Well i dunno, sounds like his nan was reaped, grimly

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Pistol_Pete posted:

It was: "On-ly twenty-four toasters fron Scunthorpe! On-ly six double beds from Torquay!" I have so many dumb jingles from childhood adverts stuck in my head. I can still recite the entire "Red car and the blue car had a race" song from that Milky Way advert now.
Here's your problem, too many toasters.

e: ... I feel like I'm missing several things here. Double beds are not exactly cheap, so it seems like six of them is not something I would append "only" to. Toasters are cheaper but 24 is a considerable number of them by any metric. Also, where is the start point for these journeys to Scunthorpe and Torquay?

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 23, 2020

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

It was: "On-ly twenty-four toasters fron Scunthorpe! On-ly six double beds from Torquay!"

Thats how far you are allowed to travel from those places to exercise according to new government guidelines.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1264093415253385216

Hell of a ratio for a tweet that's only twenty minutes old. She clearly knew about this ages too

e: lol c'mon now...

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1264097132665098246?s=20

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 23, 2020

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
She's utterly shameless. I kind of think she's deliberately trying to destroy whatever positive reputation the BBC has left.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Underthecranes/status/1264096601351520257

:toot:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Finally, some good loving news.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

She's utterly shameless. I kind of think she's deliberately trying to destroy whatever positive reputation the BBC has left.

It only damages the reputation with people who already hate her, it makes no difference generally. People have been breathless crying about how shameless she is in this thread for years, this thread is significantly more extreme than the general population.

I would confidently predict that most people would say the coverage on Today this morning was very negative for Dom Cummies, but this thread would interpret as giving him a soapy hand job.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Cummings had the right idea tbh trying to kill his parents, he was just way too late. Ideally his parents would have died before he was conceived

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Twitter is not real life either, but Kuenssberg has been getting an absolute kicking from prominent blue check journalists of every stripe for the last 12 hours. It's not exactly limited to just here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also, like, every person it pisses off is good? IMO? Doesn't have to be all or nothing to still be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I'm not trying to defend dommy Cumcums but maybe during his infection with the rona the virus merged with his phrenologically superior brain creating an entirely new being unmoored by the petty laws of basic reality that the rest of us adhere to and in this chaotic frenetic situation the gestalt of his being felt biologically inclined to spread the sickness