Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

My birthday is tomorrow. It be a zoom for several friends. I built a Russian prostitute that pees Pinot Grigio on Trump, which I will be drinking from during the zoom.

no I am the furthest thing from depressed. could a depressed person accomplish this? look at her. no.

happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Australia closed the schools back in March, in Victoria they're planning on reopening prep, grades 1 and 2, year 11 and year 12 classes next week and all the other classes the week after that. Friends of mine in Vic have been homeschooling their kids for weeks now.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/first-students-back-to-school-on-may-26-premier-announces-20200512-p54s0q.html

I think they kept preschools and kindergartens open though.

Edit: there was also a lot of talk back when Morrison was trying to blackmail private schools into reopening early by promising them funding and hinting at holding funding back if they didn't

I thought that was just Victoria? Scomo keeps saying he's advised to keep them open.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

108,400 new infections yesterday

I ran this through my deep learning big data best fit algorithm

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

shovelbum posted:

What the point is in self isolation from a disease that will be with us forever is a valid question tho

Well like two months ago we were shoving tubes down everyones throats and now we know you can save a lot of lives by just flipping the roni patients on their tum tums instead. We dont know if youll fare a better chance of surviving it two months from now but its absolutely possible. If you had to get HIV it was better to get it 1995 than 1985. A valid argument can be made for trying to avoid a new virus for as long as you can. Also, if you get it now youre going to get hospitalized with the first wave of open er up chuds.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Now if youll excuse me Ill be retiring to my bean bunker for the next ten years.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Reopen Churches, what could go wrong

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffjarvis/status/1262743874990075905

https://mobile.twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1262791275436277768

https://mobile.twitter.com/maggidawn/status/1260133897632985088

https://mobile.twitter.com/MissDissentEats/status/1246024585989898241

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

ricecult posted:

If there's a time for a general strike, it's probably now. Or in the US, Tuesday.

Fly flags upside down. Whole cities. All of them.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I bet so many pastors thought they were the first to think up "I have but one Lord and his name isn't corona.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

you'd think they'd be happy to die, it would mean they could meet their maker sooner no?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CODChimera posted:

remember when we were all freaking out and buying up all the beans

I'm still doing this. Massive unemployment and foreclosing farms points to food riots

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

shut down

like a dog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkKb2q3Qh0

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

I'm still doing this. Massive unemployment and foreclosing farms points to food riots

Yeah probably wise

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

omg they're so cute

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

less howling more eating the nerds

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shipon posted:

you'd think they'd be happy to die, it would mean they could meet their maker sooner no?

i think it is underreported how a lot of these evangelical chud churches are barrelling towards bankruptcy if they can't reopen and start passing around the collection plate

they all finance never-ending new construction with mortgages and often have a ton more staff than most other churches, which serves as a kind of patronage and complicates layoffs, to say nothing of the crazy salaries a lot of them have for what are basically makework jobs

and don't forget that most aren't part of any denomination or association that could provide assistance in weathering the storm (can't have an outside group poking around in the church books and asking why the pastor's "private secretary" makes 100k a year and doesn't do any office work)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I thought that was just Victoria? Scomo keeps saying he's advised to keep them open.

I googled it and it turns out every state did something different. NT and SA pretty much opened up the schools as usual but the other states at least made some effort at staggered returns or remote learning:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-27/how-schools-in-states-and-territories-term-two-coronavirus/12186022

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Azathoth posted:

i think it is underreported how a lot of these evangelical chud churches are barrelling towards bankruptcy if they can't reopen and start passing around the collection plate

they all finance never-ending new construction with mortgages and often have a ton more staff than most other churches, which serves as a kind of patronage and complicates layoffs, to say nothing of the crazy salaries a lot of them have for what are basically makework jobs

and don't forget that most aren't part of any denomination or association that could provide assistance in weathering the storm (can't have an outside group poking around in the church books and asking why the pastor's "private secretary" makes 100k a year and doesn't do any office work)

haha holy poo poo is that really what's going on? no wonder

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Such is life. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh and he works in mysterious ways. Nothing you can do about this, sadly.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

GABA ghoul posted:

Such is life. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh and he works in mysterious ways. Nothing you can do about this, sadly.

can I lmao about it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why not hold church outdoors? You can still congregate and its what, 19x safer?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Steve Yun posted:

It's the Lord's house, not the Lord's lawn!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Look buddy, it is what it is, ok? There is nothing you can do about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Steve Yun posted:

Why not hold church outdoors? You can still congregate and it’s what, 19x safer?

If strip clubs can figure it out then churches have no excuse

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when something is hard, ignore it and move on

-America

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Wow! The infinite suffering dimension!

you have come upon a naraka named Covid *dry cough*

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Taking the Hitchhiker's Guide approach to COVID and wearing a towel mask over my eyes, because if I can't see the virus it can't see me.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Let the dumbfuck christians murder themselves, who gives a poo poo

They either live and its gods blessing or they die and get to see him in person, who cares, gently caress it

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The Pope admitting that Martin Luther was right and in one fell swoop resolving the schism that defined human society for hundreds of years and killed millions was the most easily forgettable part of this pandemic.

wait, what

when did this happen?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Victory Position posted:

wait, what

when did this happen?

Back in March the Pope said that people that can't go to confession because of coronavirus can directly talk to god on their own

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 11:41 on May 23, 2020

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fireside Nut posted:

who's that?

Also, Dolphin hasn't posted in a few days after getting to around day 7 of symptoms :(

Some dude who was working on this jobsite.

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon that the general contractor had somehow cleaned everything up to CDC guidelines so the site was reopening today and if I wanted to work

I said "uhhhh no." I'll go back on Tuesday, I guess and just enjoy a 4 day weekend

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

overmind2000 posted:

Back in May the Pope said that people that can't go to confession because of coronavirus can directly talk to god on their own

this has the potential to create a schism of its own

this is way bigger than Vatican II and that's a shitshow that the paleo-Catholics are still complaining about :stonklol:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

docbeard posted:

Taking the Hitchhiker's Guide approach to COVID and wearing a towel mask over my eyes, because if I can't see the virus it can't see me.

The entirety of the US is one giant SEP field

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Victory Position posted:

this is way bigger than Vatican II and that's a shitshow that the paleo-Catholics are still complaining about :stonklol:

I was wrong, that was actually all the way back in March. Strange that it's been two months and more hasn't come out of it, but I guess that's something that'll matter after the plague

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

when something is hard, ignore it and move on

-America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Someone shared this photo of the shopping centre near me in Melbourne. God drat

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Someone shared this photo of the shopping centre near me in Melbourne. God drat

I'm in an inner city Melbourne suburb and I decided to chance a visit to Kmart the other day for some stuff I've been putting off getting for more than a month. Almost zero mask use, signs on the door about limited numbers allowed in the shop but no one actually keeping count, no one in the store bothering with social distancing, and best of all a staff member coughed up half a lung right as she walked past me. Awesome.

I'm going to go back to hiding in my house. :tinfoil:

Also I saw a staff member wheeling around a big rack of clothes that had a sign on it saying QUARANTINE STOCK and putting it back on the shelves, I'm guessing it was returns that they'd put aside for a few days.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Can't sleep because I'm too anxious about mounting daily issues caused by the coronavirus. I would like to work at my job and feel as though we are properly staffed for once, and to no longer feel so overworked. The lack of appropriate staff is not caused by the virus, but it does make the issue far more apparent and more difficult to work around.

I have also been working on selling my mom's house for her for over a year now and things were finally looking positive back in March... and now, nothing. Who would want to buy a house with all this happening? God, we were so close. This loving sucks.

I have an appointment with my Psychiatrist on Wednesday. The meds I'm on clearly aren't doing their job and I need a boost to get through this.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
covid is nothingburger open er up

as a fun fact i was looking up what og spanish flu death rate was and apparently the more recent estimates are like 1% fatality rate lmao

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Victory Position posted:

I can't wait for the 2021 American antipope election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shovelbum posted:

What the point is in self isolation from a disease that will be with us forever is a valid question tho

It sucks! I'm black pilled after my target date of Tuesday before memorial day= high deaths was completely wrong and now Illinois is reopening offices in a week