Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
exalted melees need to be brought in line with melee 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Yes please. And I want to build combo as Baruuk without having to literally touch people's faces.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Can someone clear out some confusion for me?
So the next update is going to update the corpus ship tileset?
Will this come with the corpus-railjack part they've been teasing since january?
Will there be some expansion to the railjack gameplay with new corpus enemies to fight/guns to farm?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Malloc Voidstar posted:

i think garuda deluxe might be the new winner of Flattest rear end Award

landing craft and craft abilities will be decoupled, so you can use whatever craft you want without losing the Don't Lose Spy button

Warframe is teh assyiest game I've played.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sample_text posted:

Can someone clear out some confusion for me?
So the next update is going to update the corpus ship tileset?
Will this come with the corpus-railjack part they've been teasing since january?
Will there be some expansion to the railjack gameplay with new corpus enemies to fight/guns to farm?

1. Yes, 2. no unless they've been keeping it a secret, and 3. eventually.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Soothing Vapors posted:

sadly the 200% crit and damage literally get baked into the tooltip of her Talons, it's not a floating buff that can be applied to anything she does. the way hysteria works now where you can keep it in your pocket running in the background when you use guns is pretty much a bug that DE has embraced, it's not how Hysteria used to work at all. so I think they just didn't think carefully about the wording when they wrote the augment

I played with Enraged all day yesterday and my conclusion is that the damage, while hilarious, is total overkill and not being able to keep Hysteria's pocket invincibility on all the time is too big a downside

The way Hysteria works now is the way all exalted weapons work now afaik. Like you can pull out an excalibur blade or ivara bow and it'll just replace your primary/melee weapon while it's active, but you can switch to your codex scanner or fishing spear or other guns or whatever and switch back without deactivating the ability.

It's only a super great idea with Ivara (or I guess Hildryn but I haven't played her), because those are the two frames whose exalted weapons don't have a constant energy drain while active.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That aug working on primary and secondary weapons would be more than a little nuts. Valk is a melee platform anyway.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

1. Yes, 2. no unless they've been keeping it a secret, and 3. eventually.

Thanks.

Also, Yikes.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Nidus already has the Surprise Gun Frame augment!

That Hysteria aug could have been a cool toy, but DE chickened out of adding it onto the current aug (with stats Hysteria would actually use, like attack range or mobility) and making Murdercat on Cooldown. The real winner would have then been to let us deactivate it at whim and scale the cooldown to something like twice the active duration (chaos option: cooldown scales down with duration) so that we can use it how we want.

Anyway, the real solution here is to update Hysteria's animations so that its cast and stance movements are more conducive to popping in and out of Hysteria for top ups as needed. Hysteria only gets used so long as it's more convenient for health sustain than slotting Healing Return, Life Strike, or a Nikana (+Daikyu stat stick), and there's no other niche for a Hysteria augment to occupy that fits into an Eternal War build. This aug does, however, serve as a useful "ability supercharge with a cooldown" concept that could be applied elsewhere. Main lesson from the last two rounds of ability augments is to stop tuning augs by tacking on contrived restrictions, and if anything they could be buffing them by throwing around more passive stats like Magnetize's bonus range or Carpet's bonus duration.

Malah fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 23, 2020

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
BTK's decorative pieces are too expensive. :rant:

(I love the look of any Prisma stuff, but it's pricey. :saddowns:)

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I don’t get why they sell the shoulder and leg attachments separately in his shop.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Because shoulder and leg attachments have always been separate slots and purchases? :shrug:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I meant left and right sell separately for both. Sorry, I worded that terribly.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh god.
I'm doing that thing again. I rolled a +crit damage reaper prime riven and now I'm slamming forma into that loving thing. Gotta sell it quick, before I'm 6 forma deep.

I really wish the weapon sort function in the armory was more robust. I'd love to sort rivened weapons to the top of the pile.
Maybe even a random loadout restricted to rivened weapons. Surprise me with some forgotten gem from my 120 pile.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Reaper Prime is good though? I did the XandyPants initial combo build for it when Melee 3.0 dropped, if I remember correctly, and it was fun times.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh it's good. that's my problem. At this point I have tons of good. Case in point: I just rediscovered I have a daikyu riven I haven't shown enough love and whelp, time to check my forma stores.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, first world problems there buddy. Your rivens runneth over.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

someone please buy this bronco riven. It has a new NW mod! It's meta/hot now, right? RIGHT?! :shepicide:

Looks like people are buying R5 lockdowns on console again. Looks like I have a reason to interact with Little Duck once more.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Don't think this got posted yet -- though apparently it's only a thing on the European servers, who knew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIhpdSjQ0g

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

v1ld posted:

Reaper Prime is good though? I did the XandyPants initial combo build for it when Melee 3.0 dropped, if I remember correctly, and it was fun times.

Reaper prime fits its name well, it hits loving HARD. This is the build I am currently using, and I do love it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Run naramon and you can swap out that drifting for more raw damage, glad might, more status, initial combo, or attack speed.

Of course it doesn't particularly need and of those because that will blender basically everything in seconds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FunkyFjord posted:

Run naramon and you can swap out that drifting for more raw damage, glad might, more status, initial combo, or attack speed.

Of course it doesn't particularly need and of those because that will blender basically everything in seconds.

Once you get a nice little combo up, it just loving red crits everything. It's so nice.

So I tried out Gauss again, I have not played him since first came out and with the they did a few months ago it is SO easy to hit 100% red line.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Gauss is a loving monster now.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 23, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Raptor1033 posted:

someone please buy this bronco riven. It has a new NW mod! It's meta/hot now, right? RIGHT?! :shepicide:

Except not really because it's just a can opener for your melee

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I have not played this game for quite a long time (1 year?) or so. Relogging in and wow there's some changes.

There's a Corinth Prime! My god.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I can't test myself for some time now, but can anyone look and confirm please (or maybe tested themselves) if Harrow's 4 protects the arbitration defence target (arbitration operative) too?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What kind of build do you guys use for Excalibur's sword?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Mesadoram posted:

What kind of build do you guys use for Excalibur's sword?

I have no idea if this still holds true with melee 3.0, but the prevailing wisdom was to get excal to 180 ability strength, which boosts his exalted blade's status chance, and then make a condition overload build with a few 70/70 mods.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
60/60 mods for reference. Notable things that changed include Condition Overload being additive instead of multiplicative with other +damage. So you usually use it or Primed Pressure Point. Also Status over 100% does things. If it's the Umbra one, then obviously the Sacrificial set might go in.

Chromatic Blade augment on Excalibur gives a bunch more status and an element based on Excalibur's Energy Colour. Not the blade's. Once the mod is equipped when you set the frames appearance the energy colour will have an icon telling you what element it's giving.

EDIT : I had a poke around google, didn't see any 2020 builds for Exalted Blade from a trusted source/that made clear sense.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Basically just a regular CO build but with sac steel instead of bloodrush since bloodrush don't work on exalted weapons. It's even more powerful than it used to be now that you get above 100% status.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Hmm. Of course if you do put in Chromatic blade you lose all slash procs. I think I've got Viral+Heat as a weird compromise, but I'm no simulacrum nerd.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't even know how exalted blade works with heavy attacks. i should check that.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tylana posted:

Hmm. Of course if you do put in Chromatic blade you lose all slash procs. I think I've got Viral+Heat as a weird compromise, but I'm no simulacrum nerd.

You still don't really get many slash procs without Chromatic Blade since the base status chance is a very mediocre 15%. Chromatic with Viral/Heat will melt through anything you care to throw it at since you are always proccing one or the other (and sometimes both).

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
is everyone else super pumped they put railjack poo poo in Nightwave? I know I am. It means I have to engage with a mode I was hoping to ignore forever, and I for one couldn't be more pleased.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Nightwave will go on long enough that you can skip it without losing anything. Also railjack is pretty easy now and you don't need to be afraid of it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Screaming Idiot posted:

It means I have to engage with a mode I was hoping to ignore forever

I have bad news for you about the future of the game.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

gnoma posted:

Nightwave will go on long enough that you can skip it without losing anything. Also railjack is pretty easy now and you don't need to be afraid of it.

Oh, no, it's easy enough -- if I just solo it, gently caress if I'm going to do it with pubbies if I can help it -- it's just dull and frustrating. I am a cyborg space ninja, I am meant to delete entire warehouses full of space not-orks and Elon Musk clone spacemen, not fly an awkwardly controlling room through a skybox to do the same exact mission over and over again in the hopes of getting parts with better stats, but having to spend hours of grinding upon just to get the necessary whatsits and widgets to make the part usable.

In short, gently caress railjack.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Screaming Idiot posted:

Oh, no, it's easy enough -- if I just solo it, gently caress if I'm going to do it with pubbies if I can help it -- it's just dull and frustrating. I am a cyborg space ninja, I am meant to delete entire warehouses full of space not-orks and Elon Musk clone spacemen, not fly an awkwardly controlling room through a skybox to do the same exact mission over and over again in the hopes of getting parts with better stats, but having to spend hours of grinding upon just to get the necessary whatsits and widgets to make the part usable.

In short, gently caress railjack.

The resource drop rate has been improved so much that it is not uncommon to come away from a 5-10 minute mission with more than 10k titanium, with a booster. Nothing in railjack takes hours of grinding anymore other than waiting 12 hours for a part to build.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I'm OldManJaxe in-game and just wanted to thank many of you being so helpful over the past 1 1/2 week since I started. Much appreciated!
Some thoughts so far;

I'm currently starting the last planet. Missions are mostly fun. Content I run so far:
-Quests
-Fissures
-Derelict missions
-Grind runs for Crystals to craft stuff

I have no idea what's coming, but having a blast so far.
I mainly play Rhino, with a Hek, Lex and Broken War. I mostly melee and shoot my Hek a lot, while keeping my armour up and buffing friends with 3.
I also have Excaliber, Ember, Wukong Prime and (tonight) Mesa Prime. I'm excited about the last one, because I love space cowboys. I intend to put a lot of time in Wukong as well (thanks for all the advice and part-trading Iretep!) as it seems really fun and good against spy missions.

Stuff I am not entirely sure of yet;
-I'm grinding something called Focus for my school. Do I just save it up to 25.000 so I can buy my first "point" in the tree?
-Should I focus doing the nightwave dailies that are in its console?
-Do I do any dailies regardless of nightwave?
-All these infestations and whatnot, should I be running them?
-Onslaught was a lot of fun. Are there specific rewards tied to it, should I run them regularly?
-Why does my dog keep dying? :(

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

To keep your dog from dying use a Helios instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Equip medi-pet kit to stop your pet from dying keep your pet in a constant state of bleeding out