Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
it's good but feels like it needs stretching out? 4ish days ago i was struggling to progress at the lower bounds of mythos and now i think i'm effectively done, minus a bit of time to finish up challenge completions and runes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

In fairness 1.009 is supposed to drop today with challenge 8 actually completable, a new rune, etc.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Synergism certainly scratches the numbers go up itch.
The game is almost unhinged in the amount of different prestige types you can do and how frequently you can do them.

What mechanics lets you keep some progress speed when you do the T-prestige? (Transcension?)
I got to e100 diamonds and did the T and got some mythos but progress wise it is like starting the game as a fresh start again

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
There are some upgrades you buy with Mythos that will ease out the process (the one for 1e6 mythos is a gamechanger) but the biggest thing is eventually getting enough shard generation to making buying back to where you were before transcending take progressively less time.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Really didn't anticipate a situation where neither of us can hurt the other.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

100000 pumps = no cream

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Synergism is great. It was fun to get stuck and realize that to progress I need to spam transcensions multiple times a second to max out the bonus on the 1,000 mythos upgrade.

Love having lots of little mini-goals like that to puzzle out and gain real progress.

I enjoy NGU a lot too and it was more like that early on but the endgame is a long sloggy grind with little to puzzle out - at least as far as seeing any immediate impact.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Pope Guilty posted:

Really didn't anticipate a situation where neither of us can hurt the other.

Someone's a Behind The Bastards fan

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no dude that's shaggy. he's from scooby doo

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Synergism update just rolled out a few seconds ago, export yer saves and check it out wait a minute it, uh. needs a few more minutes.
ai'ight, seems good. remember to re-buy your particle producers, and do some challenges.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 23, 2020

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Shadowstar posted:

Synergism is great. It was fun to get stuck and realize that to progress I need to spam transcensions multiple times a second to max out the bonus on the 1,000 mythos upgrade.

Love having lots of little mini-goals like that to puzzle out and gain real progress.

I enjoy NGU a lot too and it was more like that early on but the endgame is a long sloggy grind with little to puzzle out - at least as far as seeing any immediate impact.

Eventually you reach a point where content has to trail off. Either because you'll just endlessly repeat the same few actions or because there's an endpoint and adding more huge features right at the very end is mostly pointless.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Synergism: Where do I unlock the fourth rune? I don't see it under achievements or obtainium upgrades but there are so many screens with so many boxes I'm sure I'm just missing it. I have speed, duplication, and prism.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Synergism: Where do I unlock the fourth rune? I don't see it under achievements or obtainium upgrades but there are so many screens with so many boxes I'm sure I'm just missing it. I have speed, duplication, and prism.

One of the challenges unlocks it at 10 completions. Check the achievement list.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Enigma posted:

One of the challenges unlocks it at 10 completions. Check the achievement list.
oh it's the fourth one, yeah I didn't have 10 of that yet, thank you!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Anyone got a good guide for Synergism, what upgrades I should be focusing when I unlock new currencies and whatnot?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Klungar posted:

Anyone got a good guide for Synergism, what upgrades I should be focusing when I unlock new currencies and whatnot?

whatever you can afford. when you hit research automated obtanium should be a priority, and the tax scaling stuff is massively more powerful than any other lever you can pull

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Chin Strap posted:

Someone's a Behind The Bastards fan

What's going up my numbers?!?!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

whatever you can afford. when you hit research automated obtanium should be a priority, and the tax scaling stuff is massively more powerful than any other lever you can pull
yeah, automated obtainium is insane (it's 5, so maybe get the first four 1-cost upgrades on the top left first, but then go straight for it) and wow does tax scaling ever pay off way more than I expected it to, seconding this

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, automated obtainium is insane (it's 5, so maybe get the first four 1-cost upgrades on the top left first, but then go straight for it) and wow does tax scaling ever pay off way more than I expected it to, seconding this

the first five that do 50% literally bought like an entire row of upgrades

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ineptitude posted:

Synergism certainly scratches the numbers go up itch.
The game is almost unhinged in the amount of different prestige types you can do and how frequently you can do them.

Oh, these numbers? Yeah, they go up pretty high, I guess

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Basic synergism question, what is an accelerator? LIke what do those bonuses mean?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Chin Strap posted:

Basic synergism question, what is an accelerator? LIke what do those bonuses mean?

Accelerator increases tick speed.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

tinstaach posted:

Oh, these numbers? Yeah, they go up pretty high, I guess

Quite.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yep

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
numbers go... up????

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Meinberg posted:

numbers go... up????

please don't tell anyone, just take this c note and keep quiet

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008

Ugh, mixing standard and scientific notation?

Although I'm not sure I like the alternative either. 1.45e6.41e7?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Joe Desperado posted:

Probably gonna have to switch to ordinals before long anyway.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

dis astranagant posted:

Probably gonna have to switch to ordinals before long anyway.

On that note, there's this new thing on Kongregate that I can't make heads or tails of even after reading the instructions.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Had that one a while back on it's own site.

Basic gameplay loop is to increase your ordinal a bit, then maximize your ordinal.
This takes the amount you raised ordinal by and uses it to let you increase ordinal by even more.
Repeat a few times until you can infinity, then use your new points to buy some autoclickers to increase/maximize for you.
From there save up for your first factor shift and throw some infinity points on your newly unlocked factor, these act as multipliers on your autoclickers.
Rinse and repeat until new feature is unlocked.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

First factor shift is 200 OP so really it's kind of a waste to buy autoclickers until your second factor shift. Otherwise good post, though it's still available on its own site here.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This guy's kinda neat, looks like it has some promise.

https://iwtbaether.github.io/prophetpub/

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Arcanuse posted:

Had that one a while back on it's own site.

Basic gameplay loop is to increase your ordinal a bit, then maximize your ordinal.
This takes the amount you raised ordinal by and uses it to let you increase ordinal by even more.
Repeat a few times until you can infinity, then use your new points to buy some autoclickers to increase/maximize for you.
From there save up for your first factor shift and throw some infinity points on your newly unlocked factor, these act as multipliers on your autoclickers.
Rinse and repeat until new feature is unlocked.

Remember that you can hold enter to repeatedly click buttons, that saved me a lot of hassle. And like I said a while ago at some point the game just bogs down with 20 hour prestiges.

Joe Desperado posted:

That's how Incremental Adventures handles it. It goes 1e1000 => 1e10000 => 1e1e5

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This guy's kinda neat, looks like it has some promise.

https://iwtbaether.github.io/prophetpub/

Any idea how the holiness multiplier scales? Is it logarithmic or something?

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 24, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Synergism has weird stall points. I'm not even sure what I'm doing wrong! But it's super fun and numbers go up.

(stalling, this time, at 1e10 particles, because I'm manually reincarnating for like 2e9 and can't figure out any better way to get more)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Where are you at on your research and challenge completion?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Maltose posted:

Where are you at on your research and challenge completion?
Challenges I'm at 45/25/20/18/6/6 on tax and 0 on the other reincarnations, research I'm down to edit: 5 seconds per auto obtainium and pouring it all into that but I maxed out the first tax- one above it, the second tier of free accelerators and multipliers on the left, the building power 1% in the middle, dipped into the first building scaling a little.

I assume my challenges are low but I literally can't complete any more, can't afford more particle upgrades, and once I'm down to 10 seconds per obtainium I plan to spend it mostly on tax mitigation and building scaling.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 24, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Oh cool the Ordinal Markup changelog says he removed some of the timewalls by making tier 2 automation faster. Heartily recommend the game in that case.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Challenges I'm at 45/25/20/18/6/6 on tax and 0 on the other reincarnations, research I'm down to edit: 5 seconds per auto obtainium and pouring it all into that but I maxed out the first tax- one above it, the second tier of free accelerators and multipliers on the left, the building power 1% in the middle, dipped into the first building scaling a little.

I assume my challenges are low but I literally can't complete any more, can't afford more particle upgrades, and once I'm down to 10 seconds per obtainium I plan to spend it mostly on tax mitigation and building scaling.

I'm at 7/4/2/1/1 challenges, and I've gotten the 1e42 Mythos upgrade. I seem to be walled at the existing challenge levels, so what else should I be doing right now?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm at 7/4/2/1/1 challenges, and I've gotten the 1e42 Mythos upgrade. I seem to be walled at the existing challenge levels, so what else should I be doing right now?
Couple things come to mind:
There's a pair of mythos upgrades (the third and fourth on the first row, cost 1000 and 100,000) that scale with total transcensions, so set auto-transcend to 0.1 seconds and walk away for half an hour or so until they cap at 1e30 and 1e6 respectively.

Might be some achievements you don't have, mostly stuff like "prestige without buying multipliers". That's the second column with Xs in it. The first couple Us next to it might also be doable.

Check your rune levels, might be able to squeak out something good by hitting a multiple of 10 in them.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else has better tips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Get an itty bitty more mythos for each transcendance, try more challenges once in a while.
Its what ive been doing since e42 mythos and now at e145
Not terribly engaging tbh.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's a pair of mythos upgrades (the third and fourth on the first row, cost 1000 and 100,000) that scale with total transcensions, so set auto-transcend to 0.1 seconds and walk away for half an hour or so until they cap at 1e30 and 1e6 respectively.

:eyepop:

:doh:

EDIT: Ok this tip took me from e145 to e222 mythos.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 24, 2020