Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:discourse:

https://twitter.com/jinxville/status/1263947172883521537?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Went island hopping for my ninth villager and found Fauna on my third ticket. I'll take it! She's always been one of my favorites :3:

I'm gonna save up a million nook tickets for villager #10 though

Also I wish Goose would move out :(

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Astro7x posted:

So I've collected my last Fossil... is there any point to digging them up and assessing them other than to get bells? Like is there some other purpose from previous games that I am not aware of that may be unlocked

Fossil doorplate. And island decoration. That's basically it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The fact that you have to specifically use an unidentified fossil to make the door plate is masterful trolling

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Probably for the best.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Got my first lily of the valley today and Tia gave me my first photo, it's a good day :shobon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mira sent me a letter that said she used to wear black spiky leather jackets and have neon hair

She's hardcore man

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

8 islands and no cats :cry:

I settled for Gayle, she seems cool enough

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Coach, my first villager and next-door neighbour, finally gave me his photo today. And one of my best friends came over to my island to see the crazy amount of work I've done beautifying the place since she last visited.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Opening up Snake Pit - closed

Southern Hemisphere island

Tia is making Peach surprise box

To get to Tia's house, follow the path from the plaza, it will take you into the northern cliffs. Just keep following the path, it will take you up, around, and back down, then go right, Tia's house is the cyan house at the top-left.

Daisy Mae is around selling turnips at an exorbitant 107 bells

Please water the roses to the right of the plaza if you're into that

Dodo code is closed - closed up since tia's stopped crafting, thanks to everyone who stopped by

Don't leave with minus :nono:

avoid doorways fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 24, 2020

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Nintendo, I beg you, release the Pickle Surprise Box.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

E-flat posted:

So I just time traveled to take care of stuff, and it got me wondering. It seems like everything ‘resets’ when you go back to—for lack of a better word, today—like you have new fossils to dig up, you can give things to your villagers again, Nook’s selling different things now—but is there anything that doesn’t?

Villagers themselves will treat it as if it was still the future day. As in "Oh you keep talking to me huh" type stuff. Also you can't get a campsite villager by going backwards and they'll despawn if you do. Buildings won't be built and remain at whatever level they are and villagers won't move out unless time is going forward.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

8 islands and no cats :cry:

I settled for Gayle, she seems cool enough
8 islands? Just 8? Let me tell you about Cat Quest 2020 parts one and two.

A couple weeks ago I had an empty plot and decided I wanted a cat. I had a good mix of personalities, so it didn't matter what kind of cat I got. Literally any cat I'd take on the spot. Got all set up in a cat outfit, cat determination in my heart.

I burnt through 45 nook miles tickets. Not. One. Cat. Eventually I settled for Dotty because bunnies are the next best thing to cats.

Two days ago I decided to try again. Cat Quest 2020 part two. I only went through 18 tickets before I gave up and took in O'Hare. All Cat Quests end in bunnies, I guess.

The only cat I have ever seen on an island was Ankha who was the first villager I saw when looking for a snooty villager. So I guess I just used up a lifetime of cat luck with that one and now I'll never see a cat again unless I amiibo them in...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

peepsalot posted:

Nintendo, I beg you, release the Pickle Surprise Box.

:hmmyes:

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Villagers themselves will treat it as if it was still the future day. As in "Oh you keep talking to me huh" type stuff. Also you can't get a campsite villager by going backwards and they'll despawn if you do. Buildings won't be built and remain at whatever level they are and villagers won't move out unless time is going forward.

It’s weird that they keep the ‘you’ve talked to them’ flag but reset the ‘you gave them a thing’ flag.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just now got the second, less obvious joke with O'Hare's name lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Eiba posted:

Cat Quest 2020

I have also only seen one cat on an island (Monique, who was an instant invite). It wouldn't bother me so much if there were just more chances to move folks out, I think I've had two ask so far in two months of play.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I'm tired of Monty and really really want a cat villager so I'm going to try the time travel method for kicking him out and hope to find a cat on a nook ticket island.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pBUPleFEA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My Deirdre is still living out of a sleeping bag, so I gave her a new bed, and she is not using it :mad:

Do I have any way to address this other than silently fuming?

I ask mostly because Coco sent me some mail insinuating she would like library walls, and if I'm spending multiple days ordering enough books from Nook Shopping to make a set only for her to not use it I will be quite cross indeed :colbert:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Eiba posted:

8 islands? Just 8? Let me tell you about Cat Quest 2020 parts one and two.

A couple weeks ago I had an empty plot and decided I wanted a cat. I had a good mix of personalities, so it didn't matter what kind of cat I got. Literally any cat I'd take on the spot. Got all set up in a cat outfit, cat determination in my heart.

I burnt through 45 nook miles tickets. Not. One. Cat. Eventually I settled for Dotty because bunnies are the next best thing to cats.

Two days ago I decided to try again. Cat Quest 2020 part two. I only went through 18 tickets before I gave up and took in O'Hare. All Cat Quests end in bunnies, I guess.

The only cat I have ever seen on an island was Ankha who was the first villager I saw when looking for a snooty villager. So I guess I just used up a lifetime of cat luck with that one and now I'll never see a cat again unless I amiibo them in...

:furcry:

I now seriously regret not taking Judy when I saw her like a month ago

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also re cats I got lucky and got Ankha as a camper and man her house is SO WEIRD

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

loquacius posted:

Also re cats I got lucky and got Ankha as a camper and man her house is THE BEST HOUSE

:colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not much going on in my place but Gladys is DIYing Woodland Wall, which is really dope!

Dodo is 2HQYG

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ankha's house is highly impractical. Does she sleep in (on?) the pyramid?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

loquacius posted:

My Deirdre is still living out of a sleeping bag, so I gave her a new bed, and she is not using it :mad:

I ask mostly because Coco sent me some mail insinuating she would like library walls, and if I'm spending multiple days ordering enough books from Nook Shopping to make a set only for her to not use it I will be quite cross indeed :colbert:

Deirdre is a starter villager for you so the only way to get her to change her house is to kick her off and find her again. She's forever tutorial zone

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

loquacius posted:

I don't think villagers will change their flooring or wallpaper. :( Haven't confirmed it myself, but I've read it on multiple occasions from folks in here.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

She is capable of sleeping on her feet, as I found out earlier today.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't tell me you wouldn't sleep inside a pyramid given the chance!

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Does anyone have a turnip price above 100? I have one inventory full to dump for my sibs, then I can open back up for cataloging/goodtimes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My turnips are currently selling for 21 bells so I'm pretty sure I'd just be paying them to slap me in the face.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang, K.K. Oasis is definitely a new fave on the rotation.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Ok, nips are sold, so I’m ready to reopen! Soxingtown is open for a cataloging party!

Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Not much going on in my place but Gladys is DIYing Woodland Wall, which is really dope!

Dodo is 2HQYG
Drumsticks currently

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Chief is making a gong which I think is pretty cool! He’s on the west part of town away from the other houses. Dodo code Closed, thanks for coming

My island’s island is a wip, so don’t judge too harshly :ohdear:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 24, 2020

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

gently caress I just realized I forgot to sell my turnips. anybody got any decent prices?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Anybody have any beach chairs or surfboards I can fondle (or is that a recipe?) I’m drowning in clothes and indoor goodies but this game is stingy as hell with outdoor decorations for some reason.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Anybody have any beach chairs or surfboards I can fondle (or is that a recipe?) I’m drowning in clothes and indoor goodies but this game is stingy as hell with outdoor decorations for some reason.

Surfboards are seasonal and start showing up in Nook's rotation during the summer. That said, there may be some TTing goons who can hook you up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Basically, I think it means Celeste won't show up if you have a cloudy/rainy night. No stars equals no Celeste.

And the Redd rotation is why my friend and I started just looping back to a day when we know he's there. While we admittedly only have a small sample size, we've noticed some trends:

1) Statues seem to be really rare. I don't think I've seen a day with more than 1 statue offered (often no statues offered), so if a real one pops up it should be a priority
2) Some paintings seem to be really frequent. Personally I feel like I see the jolly and wistful paintings way more than anything else

A couple days ago there was a datamine and your personal findings seem in accord with those:
https://twitter.com/_Ninji/status/1262931861501816838

or wow, and look at this nonsense:
https://twitter.com/_Ninji/status/1263931713903788033

smugs really are bad boys

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 24, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Gigi is making golden seats! Everything else is closed, though. I probably won't stay open all that long, so get in while you can.

Dodo code: LSHY1 Closed

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I have a bunch of extra paintings. I'll drop a painting for each person that comes to my island. They could be real or fake. I also have a bunch of fossils at my entrance that can be taken.

I'll be at the Western beach about half way up. I'll be on for another 30 min.

Dodo code is H30SS