Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Len posted:

Wario64 also said this week would bit Witcher 3 though so can you really expect them?

Len posted:

Yeah Wario64 tweeted that same picture after he tweeted about the Witcher 3 leak. Because it's 2020 and anything posted on the internet is now a leak

Like how some rando shopped up a ps+ announcement and got everyone hyped. And then it was Cities and Farm Sim. At some point people just pivoted to genuinely thinking the internet would never lie.

I'm glad you've shifted your focus and is making GBS threads the thread up with different content, keep up the garbage work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

baka kaba posted:

and in yr Steam library

Sid Meier Presents: Sid Meier's Civilization X, by Sid Meier

dude meier

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

baka kaba posted:

and in yr Steam library

At this point it might as well be Sid Meier Presents: Sid Meier's Civilization X, by Sid Meier of Sid Meier Presents: Sid Meier's Civilization

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
10 Second Ninja X is free to keep on Steam if you add it to your library until the 28th

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

Like how some rando shopped up a ps+ announcement and got everyone hyped.

I saw that (or one of those anyway) in an "article" and the "journalist" said it might be real because comparing to a previous picture the fonts looked right etc.

It was painfully clearly not the same font what the christ are people who look at pictures and say things about those pictures literally blind :psyduck:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

why would a popular game that just got a massive sales boost from a big spinoff TV show be a freebie anyway? just seems like an unlikely move!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I saw that (or one of those anyway) in an "article" and the "journalist" said it might be real because comparing to a previous picture the fonts looked right etc.

It was painfully clearly not the same font what the christ are people who look at pictures and say things about those pictures literally blind :psyduck:

I mean, it got you to click on it so mission accomplished.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

baka kaba posted:

why would a popular game that just got a massive sales boost from a big spinoff TV show be a freebie anyway? just seems like an unlikely move!

Toss a coin to your Witcher watchers, o valley of plenty.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

baka kaba posted:

and in yr Steam library

So that's where Tommy Wiseau got the idea

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lutha Mahtin posted:

civ shows up in EGS under S, for Sid lol

Sure if you sort the list of titles Alphabetically for some reason.
But if you're looking for Civ VI then you can punch 'civ' into the search box and it will come straight up.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Kheldarn posted:

So that's where Tommy Wiseau got the idea

you're TEARING me APART Shaka!!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

~Coxy posted:

Sure if you sort the list of titles Alphabetically for some reason.
But if you're looking for Civ VI then you can punch 'civ' into the search box and it will come straight up.

Changing the sort did nothing for me, setting it to recent still kept everything alphabetical, which was fun. But the search does work, so half credit.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Handsome collection refers to all games featuring Handsome Jack. To be fair, nothing of value is lost by skipping to Borderlands 2. The only thing that you'll miss is that the playable characters from the first game come back as NPCs in the second game. Those characters have literally no personalities in the first game so the only thing you need to know is that they exist.

Um, gently caress you, you'll also miss Tanis' logs which are basically the only funny thing in any of the main Borderlands games.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/siliconera/status/1263764288625393664

The base game + a 30 days sub

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you have VR, interkosmos is free until May 25.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/579110/Interkosmos/

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It's still free without VR. More games for the pile!

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

New IndieGala Freebie: Airport Madness: World Edition. While you're there, pick up Lovely Planet if you haven't yet!

If there's someone that still doesn't have it: Witcher 1 free on GoG (+ a card pack for Gwent) Maybe a repost?

New on Twitch Prime for Amazon/Twitch-Prime-havers: Silence and The Last Tinker: City of Colors

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

this looks like a Nintendo DS game called Air Traffic Chaos, which was a really good plate-spinning game and I hadn't seen anything else doing it before!

The idea in that one was you had to juggle a bunch of planes arriving, holding in the air, landing, taxiing to a free space at the right terminal, getting pulled back out, taxiing to a runway and taking off again - all without colliding with each other or waiting in one place too long. Each stage was like a fixed scenario, so it would be about trying to finesse things so you do everything at the right time so all the parts move around each other as gracefully as possible

I dunno how close this is, but it looks like a similar idea, so it might be worth a go if you like puzzle games or the diner dash kind of thing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Stickman posted:

If there's someone that still doesn't have it: Witcher 1 free on GoG (+ a card pack for Gwent) Maybe a repost?

You have to add Gwent to your library before it will let you do this. I had to open the GOG launcher, and start installing Gwent and then refreshed the page and was able to get The Witcher for free.

THE BAR posted:

It's still free without VR. More games for the pile!

Sure, but you need VR to play it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
"Play"....?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Sure, but you need VR to play it.

My Epic Games Launcher library is exclusively filled with the free games that they’ve released, none of which work on my Mac.

But they’re THERE and I feel all the better for it.

Weavered fucked around with this message at 09:27 on May 24, 2020

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I keep all my games pristine and uninstalled, they'll be worth more that way

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

You actually play your games instead of spending 5000 hours on ARK?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You actually play your games instead of spending 5000 GBs on ARK?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

baka kaba posted:

I keep all my games pristine and uninstalled, they'll be worth more that way
Gotta keep them in the DRM wrapper so that prospective buyers know they've never been opened.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mint-in-stall

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Weavered posted:

My Epic Games Launcher library is exclusively filled with the free games that they’ve released, none of which work on my Mac.

But they’re THERE and I feel all the better for it.

I'm probably missing some sort of slam on Epic, but you do know that there's about a dozen Mac games right?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

~Coxy posted:

I'm probably missing some sort of slam on Epic, but you do know that there's about a dozen Mac games right?

Yeah, quite a few that have mac support on other platforms don't, though, like Civ 6. I'm assuming there are extra licensing costs involved or something (I know at least in Civ's case, Mac development was done by another studio)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, pretty much every non-indie Mac port is handled by a third party porting house, typically either Aspyr Media or Feral Interactive. I dunno how they work that out for the Steam releases nowadays, but I know there were some speed bumps at the beginning - the Mac port of COD Black Ops 1 was sold seperately from the Windows version - so I assume it's just a matter of Epic's Mac userbase becoming non-zero enough for the paperwork to be worth doing.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Apple seem determined to drive away the few people who gamed on Macs anyway, by completely dropping support for 32bit apps.

The selection of Mac games was limited enough to begin with without making everything more than a few years old unplayable.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

repiv posted:

Apple seem determined to drive away the few people who gamed on Macs anyway, by completely dropping support for 32bit apps.

The selection of Mac games was limited enough to begin with without making everything more than a few years old unplayable.
The seemingly-inevitable switch to ARM, at least on laptops, won't help much either.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone with a modern Mac can just boot into windows anyway :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't know that they can.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Could? Should?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

install windows, problem solved

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

When you were fighting monsters, I studied the Steam Sale. When you were rescuing princesses, I mastered the backlog. While you wasted your days owning noobs in pursuit of entertainment, I cultivated my backlog. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Isn't Aviicii the guy that made that one dude take a pill in Ibiza?

Pills? In Ibiza?

You’ll be trying to say they have white sandy beaches and balearic flair next.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You need to partition it for dual boot, but it works pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Big Mad Drongo posted:

[...] And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

Hey man, it has been a while since I played a Civilization game, okay?!