Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Clubs are going to install tubes inside their toilets which connect to the suit so you can take a poo poo inside there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

PyPy posted:

the corporations only have this viewpoint because they could be open to lawsuits if people forced back to work get sick. once they get that sweet immunity it will be a free for all.

not to mention that people who are deathly ill and intubated for a month are less productive than if you just let them work from home, which also lets you offload the cost of running office lights and HVAC.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Clubs are going to install tubes inside their toilets which connect to the suit so you can take a poo poo inside there.

Beefhouse predicts the future yet again!

FlutieFlake
Nov 5, 2017

It's the 6th name in the list. :psyduck:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Did we hit 100,000 deaths yet?

Not that a single victim seemingly matters in this dumb loving country.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Starks posted:

literally the worst thing they could’ve done to stoke the conspiracies lmao

https://twitter.com/bamafan321/status/1264353473648365568?s=21

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Are you sure you all are shopping for masks that actually filter COVID-sized particulates? It seems the FDA disagrees that KN95 does, and bans their use:

The fails are split into two categories with the kn95's: failing filtration and failure to fit. I mean fundamentally it's a filter so you just have to use your brain and make sure it's not leaking in on intake, at least.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

jesus fuckin christ

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Have we disqualified enough deaths to hit 80k yet? I saw that wikipedia was down to 89, really glad this covid stuff is almost over.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Der Meister posted:

jesus fuckin christ

"these people matter!!!!"

*cannot do the bare minimum to even get the right list of people*

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Homeless Friend posted:

The fails are split into two categories with the kn95's: failing filtration and failure to fit. I mean fundamentally it's a filter so you just have to use your brain and make sure it's not leaking in on intake, at least.

And it's super easy to figure that out. Just pour some water in the mask and if it immediately leaks out, it's not effective. Alternatively, try and blow out a match or a lighter while wearing the mask and if you do blow it out the mask isn't going to work.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Luckyellow posted:

And it's super easy to figure that out. Just pour some water in the mask and if it immediately leaks out, it's not effective. Alternatively, try and blow out a match or a lighter while wearing the mask and if you do blow it out the mask isn't going to work.

Ya I just do the dumb lil test than cut it open since you can just id the layers. At that point I'm like if they're gonna scam you they're just gonna upsell crappy mask saying they're 4 layer or some poo poo. Not actually produce mask that look, internally, consistent since that would be an enormous amount of work for the purposes of scamming.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

by undeniably hosed I mean people aren't running around coughing on others and crying about freedom and all the other poo poo

instead they're staying at home and shutting the gently caress up. it'll probably never happen

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Ah poo poo npr is on to me

https://open.spotify.com/track/3ZopHXrEJv0HwiNYkUlivV?si=pqja062oSyCD8kRQgS9k8Q

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

oxsnard posted:

I left a bad internet review for that Costco meltdown guy's business last week and now he's threatening to sue me. What should I do, goons?

Call his bluff and post the link, coward.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbCk8Jr45ZM

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I am literally engaged in lawsuit against my former landlord. Kill you are neighbors.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
kk so the chuds have opened her up...but obviously "the economy" is not going to come back

so i'm thinking the chud response to covid unemployment is going to be "erase all minimum wage and employee protection laws to bring the jobs back"

the 1% just got an absolutely massive windfall, maybe they'll use it to build a new servant class

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/timcrimmins/status/1264340227436556291?s=19

Edit loving beaten, but still wtf nyt. You try and make a powerful statement and gently caress up this badly.

Optimus_Rhyme has issued a correction as of 04:50 on May 24, 2020

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Man Musk posted:

Kill your landlord

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

https://twitter.com/timcrimmins/status/1264340227436556291?s=19

Edit loving beaten, but still wtf nyt. You try and make a powerful statement and gently caress up this badly.

hahaha just like always, there's a massive horrifying problem that we all need to address, but the media and democrat voices are completely inept and now this will be the rallying cry for months of COVER UPPPPPPP

Just amazing that we're going to lose 300,000 people and it's just no big deal at all

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Do you remember a few years ago when we proved the universe's a simulation designed to determine the local maxima of stupidity by analyzing the microwave background radiation?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

endlessmonotony posted:

Do you remember a few years ago when we proved the universe's a simulation designed to determine the local maxima of stupidity by analyzing the microwave background radiation?

I only remember sailor

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

COVID-420 posted:

kk so the chuds have opened her up...but obviously "the economy" is not going to come back

so i'm thinking the chud response to covid unemployment is going to be "erase all minimum wage and employee protection laws to bring the jobs back"

the 1% just got an absolutely massive windfall, maybe they'll use it to build a new servant class

Pushing to end employer backed health insurance? You can’t expect companies to pay for you to get sick and as long as covid is everywhere every employee is an insurance time bomb. Then again, it would ruin their ability to tell people with cancer to get a better job if they want healthcare and they loving love doing that.

Zberan Madowinty posted:

hahaha just like always, there's a massive horrifying problem that we all need to address, but the media and democrat voices are completely inept and now this will be the rallying cry for months of COVER UPPPPPPP

Just amazing that we're going to lose 300,000 people and it's just no big deal at all

To be fair to the NYT here (and dems/media/whatev), conservatives don’t give a gently caress and will scream COVER UPPPPPP for months even if the list had been flawless. That’s not an argument against this journalist doing their job right but is just a reminder that it’s impossible to win over chuds. They don’t care how many people die and nothing is going to make them. It’s a huge waste of time to worry about how they will take anything because the answer will always be “the worst dumbest way”.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

chuds will always fall back on one of the arguments, not necessarily in order:
1) we would have had 2 gajillion dead if trump did nothing
2) economy shut down kills more people
3) old people will die for number and it is heroic to die
4) all the people who die are being naturally selected
5) China is undercounting/at fault for all of this, not Trump
6) dems are overcounting to hurt Trump
7) Bill gates, vaccine, elites taking advantage of a crisis = engineered it

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

hey I wonder why the place I grew up is on trending topics

https://twitter.com/colinjef/status/1264314308139331584

https://twitter.com/maxbaker_15/status/1264386140720771076

lol, open 'er up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

there's too many loving people

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

*sjy-ishly krrramers in* wow mighty malthusianism of you

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nature is currently fixing that.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

does it loving matter that they're outside if they're that closely packed together

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:matters:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

national news should have been blasting videos of ERs and people on ventilators for the past 2 months and testimony from their loved ones. everyone is so disconnected from this because so much has been confined to nursing homes

might have made a marginal difference because these people seem motivated by little but fear and consumption

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao if you think death would keep people away from pools

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

I can't comprehend this turning really bad. Despite all the warnings, I can't picture Americans facing consequences of their actions.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
parks and beaches didn't cause outbreaks so now everyone is just going to go full yolo you love to see it

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i am the poster that's incredibly shocked at people ignoring a disease that's killed 100,000 (70,000 elderly) when we were throwing homeless people, indigenous people, mentally unwell people, poor people, etc. into the thresher at a way greater rate than that while nobody outside of c-spam gave a poo poo

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
americans don't care about their fellow man?? it's not like the guy that killed a million iraqis and afghanis is being rehabilitated by a prominent liberal on tv, geez

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

How is this even enjoyable in a non-pandemic situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

How is this even enjoyable in a non-pandemic situation

what you don't like being around a shitload of loud drunk people