Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

apparently a lot of Barstool Sports podcasts don't have editors or producers separate from the hosts? what sort of rinky dink operation are they running.

quote:

Three months into the deal, she says that the duo received raises. Cooper also notes that she received a separate raise for editing and marketing of the podcast, which was not shared with Franklyn.
https://awfulannouncing.com/barstool/barstools-call-her-daddy-podcast-alexandra-cooper-solo-host-sofia-franklyn.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
i wonder if lefty podcasters are ever gonna learn they can’t just immediately throw away their ideals the second it seems like they can get a celebrity on their show, lest they all wind up like Some More News having fuckin Mark Cuban on

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the classic move of throwing away your ideals by talking to an insane musician who sacrifices chickens in her closet

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ya'll are really overestimating how normal normal people are, i know we're goons and therefore rightfully shunned by society, but in terms of politics most people without an ideology daddy to follow are just mad about signing dildos and deeply concerned with juice clenses. that's politics to them, or something equally galaxy brained.

banks is closer to the common person than anyone who has ever read lenin ever has been

e: also having the name "banks" kinda sus too

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

T-man posted:

ya'll are really overestimating how normal normal people are, i know we're goons and therefore rightfully shunned by society, but in terms of politics most people without an ideology daddy to follow are just mad about signing dildos and deeply concerned with juice clenses. that's politics to them, or something equally galaxy brained.

banks is closer to the common person than anyone who has ever read lenin ever has been

Seeing as she's a millionaire I'm gonna guess her political concerns aren't that close to the average person's, T-man

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

i wonder if lefty podcasters are ever gonna learn they can’t just immediately throw away their ideals the second it seems like they can get a celebrity on their show, lest they all wind up like Some More News having fuckin Mark Cuban on
i love reading this exact post every single time a lefty podcast does an episode thats not a boring interview with a union leader. maybe the fans shoudl learn to not be constantly disappointed by mentally ill twitter celebrities

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

that's not your word. didn't read anything else but i assume from the length you were doubling down on one of the many stupid things you said

Farm Frenzy posted:

i love reading this exact post every single time a lefty podcast does an episode thats not a boring interview with a union leader. maybe the fans shoudl learn to not be constantly disappointed by mentally ill twitter celebrities

C.R.E.A.M. (clout rules everything around me)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yal'l

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Autism Sneaks posted:

that's not your word. didn't read anything else but i assume from the length you were doubling down on one of the many stupid things you said

C.R.E.A.M. (clout rules everything around me)

i'm from arizona, the south

Zook
Oct 3, 2014
I thought the banks episode was interesting, banks is nuts but she also hangs around people like musk and other celebs, she's kind of crazy but who cares, plus brace was hilarious trying not to get her mad at him

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

perhaps there’s some kind of middle ground between dry interviews with activists and begging everyone worth more than $500k who replies to one of your tweets to come on your show

i don’t really know what to say to anyone who didn’t think this episode was gonna suck from the beginning, even if you think it’s a good idea to invite rich people on shows that are all eat the rich rah rah, the mentally ill rapper more famous for calling Pakistanis “sand n****rs” than her actual music was probably still a bad choice

Pirate Jet has issued a correction as of 04:20 on May 24, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

lots of laughs this episode with special guest and friend of the show dick cheney. remeber comrades, mao was right let's behead landlords lol lol in minecraft. i sure hope this show isn't classified as a weapon of mass hilarity! PATREON

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

perhaps there’s some kind of middle ground between dry interviews with activists and begging everyone worth more than $500k who replies to one of your tweets to come on your show

i don’t really know what to say to anyone who didn’t think this episode was gonna suck from the beginning, even if you think it’s a good idea to invite rich people on shows that are all eat the rich rah rah, the mentally ill rapper more famous for calling Pakistanis “sand n****rs” than her actual music was probably still a bad choice

we get it, banks isn't a good person and has said really lovely things

congratulations for having eyes and ears

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

if you think the podcast is begging everyone with more than 500k to come on then why do you listen to it. seems pretty silly

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It’s going to be tough when meltdown may ends and all podcast meltdowns become prohibited by law once again

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you get one celebrity on your podcast and next thing you know, you're walking down the street doing a ritzy dance like you're Toby Maguire from Spider-man 3

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

if you think the podcast is begging everyone with more than 500k to come on then why do you listen to it. seems pretty silly

because you can criticize things you like, especially when they do it for the first time

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

T-man posted:

i'm from arizona, the south

arizona is categorically not the south

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

there's no more america to the south of it, pretty cut and dry imo

we even invented ice tea

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

T-man posted:

there's no more america to the south of it, pretty cut and dry imo

we even invented ice tea

hawaii, puerto rico and every other territory except midway are all south of the border

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i liked it when azealia banks called brace an op for several minutes :)

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

so where do i buy that bussy soap again

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Autism Sneaks posted:

hawaii, puerto rico and every other territory except midway are all south of the border

Sure, if you think the earth is round 🙄

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Autism Sneaks posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Arizona :q:

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Jimmy Dore was on Useful Idiots which was great. I like Jimmy, he really does care and that's why he gets so mad about poo poo.

The Russia stuff is a whole new level of WTF?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Jimmy Dore was on Useful Idiots which was great. I like Jimmy, he really does care and that's why he gets so mad about poo poo.

The Russia stuff is a whole new level of WTF?

i listened to last week’s episode of useful idiots tonight with the guy from the grey zone and all of the nut and bolts of the russiagate poo poo is so stupid. it’s impressively dumb.

adam poo poo, indeed

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Arabs are half Californian and half dixie because they say “Yalla” which clearly derives from Hella and Y’all.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

for real i thought the azealia episode was funny, but mostly because it was so *weird*

banks was mostly incoherent and kept swapping up where she was going and the hosts tried not to be assholes about it, and she's just not cooperating at all

i don't want them to do this on the regular (i prefer when they shoot the poo poo with one of belden's war buddies tbh) but as a one-off it's fine

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Autism Sneaks posted:

Southwest, so it's partly true.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Paffgen posted:

Liz was walking a very thin line just being on that ep, like I expected and it felt like it would be very easy for her to rub Azealia the wrong way.

Agreed. Banks just seems absolutely nuts.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

psus

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Whenever someone mentions Jimmy Dore I think of Jon Dore and get sad because the Jon Dore show got cancelled too soon. It was cum town before cum town was a thing, and on basic cable.

https://youtu.be/SeuQHFDf1rM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Struggle_Tweet/status/1264526725297258496?s=20

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Paffgen posted:

Liz was walking a very thin line just being on that ep, like I expected and it felt like it would be very easy for her to rub Azealia the wrong way.

yeah, you could touch the tension or awkwardness from liz's

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

my man has gone hollow :darksouls:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

T-man posted:

lots of laughs this episode with special guest and friend of the show dick cheney. remeber comrades, mao was right let's behead landlords lol lol in minecraft. i sure hope this show isn't classified as a weapon of mass hilarity! PATREON

hehe nice can I get some fries with this meltdown

What is the appeal of Barstool sports? I tried listening to one and it was like, are they going to talk about something at some point?

*googles Dave Portnoy* net worth $10m
me: :confused:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Martian Manfucker posted:

Whenever someone mentions Jimmy Dore I think of Jon Dore and get sad because the Jon Dore show got cancelled too soon.

A John Dory is a hard fish to find

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i saw this live. he had to work hard to do that. dual shocks are pretty durable.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

exmarx posted:

i liked it when azealia banks called brace an op for several minutes :)

IMO that was about the point when it finally set in for Brace how her mental illness worked, making him start second guessing everything he said (after saying it, of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Uranium posted:

my man has gone hollow :darksouls:

:rip: