Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

starting to see the effects of the meat shortage stuff here finally, poo poo is gonna get wild if these chuds can't buy their steaks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

starting to see the effects of the meat shortage stuff here finally, poo poo is gonna get wild if these chuds can't buy their steaks lol

I'm losing weight and saving a shitload of money during quarantine, maybe the American way of life is just a bunch of stupid bullshit

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVrVbYe0HU

lil rona

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

“lil”

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's not the deaths guessing game but it's the next best thing: Postcounts. Holy poo poo, you all post a lot. I somehow don't even rank high enough to show up.

surprised I'm near the top 10, I didn't think I was posting thaaaaaaaaat much :kiddo:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

espn has apparently started airing nba 2k league footage and doing live commentating like its real lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I talked to a high school friend of mine last night and pretty much everyone I went to school with who is still there is unemployed and that extra $600 a check is all that's keeping them afloat, lol

i was on a call for inventories stuff and the guy in charge of the inventory company was literally like "well, i hope they don't extend the benefits because we've been calling people to get them back to work, but with the extra money its more than they'd make at their job!"

lol lmao

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

fits my needs posted:

i was on a call for inventories stuff and the guy in charge of the inventory company was literally like "well, i hope they don't extend the benefits because we've been calling people to get them back to work, but with the extra money its more than they'd make at their job!"

lol lmao

"job creators"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

lol lmao

time to not think about that and what it means about the nature of American wage labor

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

time to not think about that and what it means about the nature of American wage labor

"paying someone who lives in PA versus CA less, is just & moral." -da yospos braintrust :yosbutt:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
We stopped the virus

https://twitter.com/nature/status/1264592749048840201?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dolphin posted:

last time i went in they said everything was normal and my blood oxygen level is fine. overall it's been very mild, I've had worse colds. I'm still just worried I'm going to feel great and then my immune system will flare up and kill me to death

smoke a bunch and lick doorknobs and get drunk every night, gotta tank the ol' immune system to prevent it from killing you

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao morans

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

with everything opening ‘er back up, the problems at meat processors are only going to get worse

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I'm losing weight and saving a shitload of money during quarantine, maybe the American way of life is just a bunch of stupid bullshit

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i need my baconator obungler how could u do this

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Burn Zone posted:

with everything opening ‘er back up, the problems at meat processors are only going to get worse

never been a better time to abandon the consumption of our animal comrades

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rah! posted:

lmao morans

Mr President don't sign your posts

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Chard posted:

never been a better time to abandon the consumption of our animal comrades

The animals aren't our comrades there was a whole book about animal farms on this

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/wef/status/1264583212556341254?s=20

quote:

Four million girls are at risk of child marriage in the next two years because of the new coronavirus pandemic, a global charity said on the 15th of May, as campaigners warned that the crisis could undo decades of work to end the practice.

Deepening poverty caused by the loss of livelihoods is likely to drive many families to marry off their daughters early, World Vision said.

"When you have any crisis like a conflict, disaster or pandemic rates of child marriage go up," the charity's child marriage expert Erica Hall told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

"If we don't start thinking about how to prevent it now it will be too late. We can't wait for the health crisis to pass first."

Campaigners said the risks were exacerbated by the fact that schools were closed and organisations working to combat child marriage were finding it harder to operate during lockdowns.

The pandemic is also making it more difficult for girls to access reproductive health services which could lead to a rise in teenage pregnancies and increased pressure to marry.

Surprised america didn’t make it on that graph

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1264594285447581696?s=20

The Divine Order is healing. God’s smiteful wrath is returning. Secularism is the real virus.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

etalian posted:

lmao this is basically a real-world Pareto diagram in action, 20% of the cluster cases eventually resulted in 80% of the net cases in the country.

Aren't you glad that our great US leadership declared things like WWF and churches are essential services that are allowed to stay open?

Tbh I'm more reassured since I live in a minority majority neighborhood in a deep blue district.

Let the chuds cough all over each other for all I care

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

Mr President don't sign your posts

i said NO!

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

fits my needs posted:

uhhh there's still a ton of people lining up in gigantic food bank lines in cars and on foot (in some cities). so once the berniebux provisions expire what's the plan? back to work? lol

The latest google alert I got was 4000 bucks!!! (in the form of a tax credit for job placement training brought to you by a bipartisan group including Klob and Booker)

My guess is we might something this summer but don't hold your breathe. We probably will get a big fat Trump Bux check in the fall in an attempt to buy the election and save christmas

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
There will be no more aid and the berniebux will be allowed to expire

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1264595783640326144?s=20

quote:

Baarle-Hertog-Nassau sits between Belgium and the Netherlands and is renowned for its intricate border. The town is geographically in the Netherlands, but there are 22 Belgian enclaves completely surrounded by Dutch territory.

Within those enclaves are eight Dutch enclaves, together known as Baarle-Nassau, seven of which are sub-enclaves in the two largest Belgian enclaves

A relic of feudal land swaps in medieval times, this complex situation is not usually a problem: both countries’ membership of the European Union means there is a frictionless border and no barriers to trade.

But Belgium and the Netherlands enforced drastically different lockdown rules, meaning that shops on the Dutch side of the border could stay open, while just yards away in Belgium, some shops had to close,

People living on some streets have been ordered to stay home, while their neighbors have been free to go out.

Some of the town’s shops actually straddle the border. Before Belgium lifted restrictions on shops opening May 11, only half of a branch of a Dutch chain store, Zeeman, was accessible to customers, ensuring a unique shopping experience.

“It’s really weird,” Bakker said with a laugh. “Only one half of the store is open, so you’re only able to get half of the products.” The same goes for seeing friends. “The Dutch part, the friends who live there, I can see. But, the Belgian part I can’t because I will get a fine.”

In another strange example, Belgium requires everyone to wear masks on public transportation, but the Netherlands will only start imposing this rule June 1. So if passengers take a bus on the Dutch side of Baarle-Hertog-Nassau, they can get on mask-free, but just a little distance down the road, they have to put one on.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/HellgrenWJZ/status/1264311034996838401?s=20

unnoticed
Nov 29, 2005

That's odd...

People should stop criticizing him for this. I'd rather he golf everyday for the next 6 months than do basically anything that looked like trying to run the country or spending hours retweeting conspiracy theories or having unhinged press conferences that invite people to spread the virus. We should be encouraging him to spend as much time golfing as possible.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

humans are returning. nature is healing.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Heh, work offered 40 people the test (antibody and antigen), I applied :|

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

its a shame the planet could never do a full lockdown, i'd like to see what happens to the common cold

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Mayor Dave posted:

There will be no more aid and the berniebux will be allowed to expire

Bernie had leverage, Bernie teased revolution, Bernie got what he wanted

Bernie has no leverage, Bernie's revolution is dead, Bernie ::checks notes:: is endorsing a rapist

Well he did buy America 4 months of not-dying, so that's something

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

LastCaress posted:

Heh, work offered 40 people the test (antibody and antigen), I applied :|

Is there any law stopping employers from firing plague-havers

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

MorrisBae posted:

Bernie had leverage, Bernie teased revolution, Bernie got what he wanted

Bernie has no leverage, Bernie's revolution is dead, Bernie ::checks notes:: is endorsing a rapist

Well he did buy America 4 months of not-dying, so that's something

bernie endorsed hillary clinton last time i'm not really sure what people expected this time

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

unnoticed posted:

People should stop criticizing him for this. I'd rather he golf everyday for the next 6 months than do basically anything that looked like trying to run the country or spending hours retweeting conspiracy theories or having unhinged press conferences that invite people to spread the virus. We should be encouraging him to spend as much time golfing as possible.

Also, it's kind of bullshit to criticize him for golfing because the President (regardless of who he is) deserves to have some 'time off' for himself, even during a pandemic.

I mean it's completely fair to criticize Trump for golfing as much as he has and for his repeated bashing of Obama golfing, but saying that the President doesn't deserve a few hours to himself to relax or whatever is stupid.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1264599417073668097

lol at ppl taking this less seriously than PUAs

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

TMMadman posted:

Also, it's kind of bullshit to criticize him for golfing because the President (regardless of who he is) deserves to have some 'time off' for himself, even during a pandemic.

I mean it's completely fair to criticize Trump for golfing as much as he has and for his repeated bashing of Obama golfing, but saying that the President doesn't deserve a few hours to himself to relax or whatever is stupid.

Well yeah if the President was actually a decent human being who cared about people and was doing a good job, I wouldn't mind him golfing once every couple of weeks.

But we have Trump -- gently caress him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TMMadman posted:

golfing is the stupidest goddamn "sport" ever invented and i will ruthlessly mock anyone who plays even a single game of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

bernie endorsed hillary clinton last time i'm not really sure what people expected this time