Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1264597652311879691?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

So lockdown is over then, right?

After all, if it's reasonable and legal for a knowingly sick man to travel 260 miles to visit his ageing, at risk grandparents, in clear violation of the locdown, it must be reasonable for me, someone who is not sick and with much younger parents, to visit them at any time, right?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

this feels like the bit in Columbo where he turns and says "and just one thing"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if there's no follow through on that tweet I think I might literally die from disappointment

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wish I was more xen about the state of England but my word.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I am genuinely lmaoing at all this. I think this is the thing that's finally broken me, it's all just bitter hilarity from hereon

flat out hootin and hollerin

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Drone_Fragger posted:

So lockdown is over then, right?

After all, if it's reasonable and legal for a knowingly sick man to travel 260 miles to visit his ageing, at risk grandparents, in clear violation of the locdown, it must be reasonable for me, someone who is not sick and with much younger parents, to visit them at any time, right?

Jesus, no.

If you are well then you should go to work while staying alert and cocooning your parents. However, If you actually get covid19, you should immediately drive up to your cocooning relatives, even if that means travelling hundreds of miles, and expose them to the virus.

That's how you Slow The Spread.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

VideoGames posted:

I wish I was more xen about the state of England but my word.

Giant floating rocks in an alien dimension ruled over by a terrifying psychic interdimensional alien does sound like a nice holiday destination at this point.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Pookah posted:

Jesus, no.

If you are well then you should go to work while staying alert and cocooning your parents. However, If you actually get covid19, you should immediately drive up to your cocooning relatives, even if that means travelling hundreds of miles, and expose them to the virus.

That's how you Slow The Spread.

As long as your heart is pure and your motivation is to prevent deaths, carry a potentially deadly pathogen far and wide.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/UKCivilService/status/1264600481688702977?s=20

haha oh poo poo!

e: for posterity for when it inevitably gets deleted:

https://twitter.com/JoshAJHall/status/1264601668043378694?s=20

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Magic Mango posted:

As long as your heart is pure and your motivation is to prevent deaths, carry a potentially deadly pathogen far and wide.

Exactly. It's not what you do, it's why you did it. So I can shoot someone in the face if I claim I thought it would be fun for them to be shot in the face.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
nothing remains of cummings, but the fever-like urge to spread it, perhaps through his murky dead eyes, humans are seen as the true disease

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

OwlFancier posted:

Giant floating rocks in an alien dimension ruled over by a terrifying psychic interdimensional alien does sound like a nice holiday destination at this point.

God drat it Owl, I was looking for a nice screenshot and everything

(there are no nice screenshots of Xen)

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Tarnop posted:

The remake version is nice.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/UKCivilService/status/1264600481688702977?s=19

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
And it's gone!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

if Dom Cummings really has blundered right into an obvious trap literally everyone saw coming it might be time to reevaluate his reputation as some evil strategic mastermind

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Necrothatcher posted:

That's exactly what I thought lmao

She better have something!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

What about when they both get deleted

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Remember to screengrab before posting, peeps.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Noxville posted:

What about when they both get deleted

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1264603999594053632?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

So how come screengrabs of the Tweet are also being deleted?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Dr Snofeld posted:

Oooh lovely! I've been meaning to go back to it, I played through Black Mesa before they finished Xen

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Wow this thread is a full-ion graveyard of dead tweets right now.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Ya'll just posting a bunch of deleted tweets. Gotta do the screengrabs yourself instead of relying on other tweets

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

with the account header, for maximum effect
hero of our times

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

So how come screengrabs of the Tweet are also being deleted?

Well I've already posted an imgur-hosted grab but consider this tweet a canary - if it disappears something is definitely up.

https://twitter.com/CouncilCulture/status/1264604195602288640

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Necrothatcher posted:

if Dom Cummings really has blundered right into an obvious trap literally everyone saw coming it might be time to reevaluate his reputation as some evil strategic mastermind

That's a thing about strategic masterminds (or at least self proclaimed ones.)

They tend to massively underestimate other peoples intelligence or willingness to do hard work. And are often undone by that.
Because if they did think their adversaries were worthy, they'd have to re-evaluate how smart they themselves were.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Necrothatcher posted:

To be fair if all the murderers in Columbo just ignored him and walked off most of them would get away with it too

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tarnop posted:

Oooh lovely! I've been meaning to go back to it, I played through Black Mesa before they finished Xen

It's really good, they did perhaps drag out the chapter a bit at the end, and I also think they went a bit... silly with the health levels on the gonarch, but overall it's still really good. The whole thing is actually my favourite half life game now.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tbf before the 'roni hit Cummings was making a lot of noises about massive Civil Service reforms. I bet they're not keen on him at any level.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

blunt posted:

Ya'll just posting a bunch of deleted tweets. Gotta do the screengrabs yourself instead of relying on other tweets
Between six hundred Discords and deleted Twitter posts, it's almost as though the shift to pure meta-narrative has somewhat diminished these forums.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
BBC cut to Downing Street just after Cummings left No.10 and now you can hear people heckling him as he drives off in the background

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Answers Me posted:

BBC cut to Downing Street just after Cummings left No.10 and now you can hear people heckling him as he drives off in the background

good

I hope people are outside his house day and night

I want him to be loving terrified

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

good

I hope people are outside his house day and night

I want him to be loving terrified

which house though? the car trip might take awhile for the protesters

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Tarnop posted:

Dr Snofeld posted:

I would rather be there than here right now. Holy moly.
I am just so fed up at the constant injustice shoved in my face.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I wonder how tory mps are reacting to this

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Ash Crimson posted:

I wonder how tory mps are reacting to this

Retracting their retraction I’d imagine.

K9
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/drphiliplee1/status/1264606732652863489

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
lol simping for cummings

https://twitter.com/francisobrienUK/status/1264471925507723264