Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's almost as if the tories want people to not take lockdown rules seriously, after being forced into establishing a lockdown they didn't want due to public pressure in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://twitter.com/IvoGraham/status/1264613114995245058

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:ughh:

edit: loving hell twitter today is a bloodbath of protected accounts and deleted tweets

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I am genuinely addicted to this story. I don't think I've ever seen a government just tear its public image apart so rapidly in this way before.

I'm just endlessly refreshing this thread and hoping for more.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Perfect Element posted:

I am genuinely addicted to this story. I don't think I've ever seen a government just tear its public image apart so rapidly in this way before.

same, it's bananas

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Convex posted:

:ughh:

edit: loving hell twitter today is a bloodbath of protected accounts and deleted tweets

Making it all the more amazing when folks repost their twitter feed without screenshotting it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm just glad the government decided to improve everyone's spirits by celebrating meltdown may.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

For one single person too - an advisor at that

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1264606173212409857?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/reicherstephen/status/1264606173212409857?s=21

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm just glad the government decided to improve everyone's spirits by celebrating meltdown may.

Celebrating May's true legacy as PM in the best way :britain:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Four and half years away from an election, they've gone mask off already. Johnson-Cummings doing what they like. Despite me having my eyes open the whole time (it's basically London Mayor Johnson up to 11), I'm pretty worried about the road this is heading down. Someone on Twitter called it Eton–Orbanism and that sounds about right.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND THE DOM is absolutely one of them.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Answers Me posted:

Four and half years away from an election, they've gone mask off already. Johnson-Cummings doing what they like. Despite me having my eyes open the whole time (it's basically London Mayor Johnson up to 11), I'm pretty worried about the road this is heading down. Someone on Twitter called it Eton–Orbanism and that sounds about right.

the plan is pretty clearly to do away with 'the blob' and institute absolute autocracy, yeah

it's pretty hosed up, and I think this is going to be a litmus test as to whether we really will put up with a permanent one party/one man state

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
From my brother:
"I can see why he needed to protect his son. His current husk is near destroyed and will need to transfer into a new body soon."

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

In fairness, obviously Boris would think that being a father involves jumping in the car and loving off for a bit.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/kvittozzi/status/1264616348442923025?s=19

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

https://twitter.com/LlianaBird/status/1264570548388061185?s=20

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

the plan is pretty clearly to do away with 'the blob' and institute absolute autocracy, yeah

it's pretty hosed up, and I think this is going to be a litmus test as to whether we really will put up with a permanent one party/one man state

We will.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

After a young pro wrestler killed herself yesterday (after receiving horrendous abuse on social media) I've decided to try be less cruel & angry on social media but god worms like this are making it hard.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I imagine a good few people who might otherwise not care are currently going through their CCTV footage to see if they've caught Cummies on tape swanning around somewhere completely unnecessarily while on his hols up in Durham.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

forkboy84 posted:

After a young pro wrestler killed herself yesterday (after receiving horrendous abuse on social media) I've decided to try be less cruel & angry on social media but god worms like this are making it hard.

Nah there's a massive difference between what cunts did to Hana Kimura for no reason whatsoever and having a pop at Dom Cum for being an actual twat in a position of massive responsibility and thence doing all he can to disappoint that responsibility in every conceivable manner.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao :getin:

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1264625453379321859?s=20

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Ms Adequate posted:

I imagine a good few people who might otherwise not care are currently going through their CCTV footage to see if they've caught Cummies on tape swanning around somewhere completely unnecessarily while on his hols up in Durham.

bringing the nation together in one great game of where's cunty

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I agree

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ms Adequate posted:

All the motorway stations if they were open atm.
200 miles with no piss or eating stop?
There could be a pic of Dom sitting in a Greggs munching on a sausage roll out there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

You could just do what I would do and only be a poo poo to someone you'd be willing to take responsibility for the death of.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1264606173212409857
(^short thread)

https://mobile.twitter.com/robertjwest/status/1264618752848642048

e: Laura K retweeted the last one :psyduck:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

happyhippy posted:

All the motorway stations if they were open atm.
200 miles with no piss or eating stop?
There could be a pic of Dom sitting in a Greggs munching on a sausage roll out there.

even if dom cum and his ill wife were capable of the drive in one go no chance his 3yo kid could

Good Guy Chucky
Jan 13, 2006

I'm your friend till the end.
Everyones going to blow lockdown after this. loving disgrace.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/1264627779221495809

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Lockdown is over. Realistically.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Red Oktober posted:

Lockdown is over. Realistically.

Well aye but it more or less was already, this just ensures people go extra wild until the second wave hits.

The real question will be whether people obey any second lockdown that is imposed at that point.

OwlFancier posted:

You could just do what I would do and only be a poo poo to someone you'd be willing to take responsibility for the death of.

If I caused anyone in the Tory government to die I'd call it "credit" rather than "responsibility"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how loving stupid is this guy really even if he's part of the grift

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1264623373222641664?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

If I caused anyone in the Tory government to die I'd call it "credit" rather than "responsibility"

That's the spirit!

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Borrovan posted:

e: Laura K retweeted the last one :psyduck:

Probably trying to slam her previous defense into the memory hole and distance herself.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sat through ten minutes of that shite. He made an absolute tit of himself at least.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

So we're likely going to see the number of infections trending up in the coming week from the relaxation 2 weeks ago, right in the middle of the government continuing to defend Cummings obvious violation of the restrictions over a month ago and preparing to further loosen restrictions and open schools next Monday.

This is going to be a long week in politics, I really think something might obviously and probably permanently break because of it. Let's hope it's the Tory government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

namesake posted:

So we're likely going to see the number of infections trending up in the coming week from the relaxation 2 weeks ago, right in the middle of the government continuing to defend Cummings obvious violation of the restrictions over a month ago and preparing to further loosen restrictions and open schools next Monday.

This is going to be a long week in politics, I really think something might obviously and probably permanently break because of it. Let's hope it's the Tory government.

I mean, things are extremely bad and I don't want to downplay that, but can you imagine the state we'd be in if that bastard Corbyn had won?