Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's not the deaths guessing game but it's the next best thing: Postcounts. Holy poo poo, you all post a lot. I somehow don't even rank high enough to show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7FaWnlhS4

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

So I guess The City & The City is real now.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Golf: it's good, and why the president should do it,

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

golf courses use obscene amounts of water. something like two billion gallons a day.

shut em down

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Goreld posted:

While swimming competitively for many years, my parents were insistent that the chlorine would make my siblings and me impervious to disease. Because it does kill microbes in the water.

After one particularly grueling meet, I got the most sick I’ve ever been in my life, probably a bad flu. Freezing shakes so bad even a shower couldn’t stop them, I was so sick I couldn’t walk ten feet to the bathroom, almost certainly caught at the meet.

Of course now I find out that inhaling shitloads of chlorine may have hosed my lungs for covid, all because the *common sense* idea that breathing chlorine must be good for you. Every time I asked ‘uh but isn’t chlorine gas used as a weapon’ I’d get a “oh that’s totally different!” response.

In short, tons of people will die and conservatives won’t learn a goddamn thing from this.

I saw an episode of CHiPs as a child where there was a chlorine gas tanker truck the guys were taking up some mountain road but there was a wreck and a tiger got lose then Ponch was sexist but no one cared

That's when I first discovered that chlorine gas was dangerous and the cops were jerks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1264267733371256832?s=19

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

At least the spideys are practicing social distance and wearing ppe.

Admiral Ray posted:

i don't need to crawl out of my bunker. i upload fragments of my consciousness to the ants, fliues, wasps that have found their way into my home. they carry parts of my being into the far corners of my city and i am alive.

Fly, my pretties, fly!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

americans don't wanna wear masks because it will muffle their constant yelling when they talk

Can confirm.

Man Musk posted:

For, you see, so many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible.

I bet it would be a trip to re-read this book now that I am thoroughly crack-pinged.

Dolphin posted:

I'm not dead!

Hooray! Has anyone invented a reverse Ghana dancers meme yet?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

golfing is the stupidest goddamn "sport" ever invented and i will ruthlessly mock anyone who plays even a single game of it

It has literally no redeeming quality.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

play disc golf, it's the People's Golf

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

I saw an episode of CHiPs as a child where there was a chlorine gas tanker truck the guys were taking up some mountain road but there was a wreck and a tiger got lose then Ponch was sexist but no one cared

That's when I first discovered that chlorine gas was dangerous and the cops were jerks

totally different chemical but there's that youtube video of a cop responding to an overturned ammonia tanker truck who doesn't assess the area at all, runs right into the cloud of ammonia and dies within 10 seconds as his dashcam records the whole thing

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Rhesus Pieces posted:

totally different chemical but there's that youtube video of a cop responding to an overturned ammonia tanker truck who doesn't assess the area at all, runs right into the cloud of ammonia and dies within 10 seconds as his dashcam records the whole thing

Yeah it was hilarious I hope he died in pain and his family is ashamed.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
read an article about how covid19 fucks you up and yeah its terrifying

its like your body just refuses oxygen until everything is hosed

glad I am not surrounded by deathcult maniacs rn

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

MorrisBae posted:

Is there any law stopping employers from firing plague-havers

In Portugal, where I am from, if I have it I have to stay home and they have to keep paying me. You can't be fired due to having any disease, plague or non-plague.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

mycomancy posted:

Yeah it was hilarious I hope he died in pain and his family is ashamed.

I didn't say or imply it was funny?

in fact this guy was probably one of the very rare rookie "good cops" because he saw a man down and selflessly ran to his aid with no regard for his own safety (or he wasn't properly trained).

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

MorrisBae posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah worker protection

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Sometimes I forget about the broken laws in your country.

"Right to work".. hahahahha.. just the most basic bait and switch... Not even trying.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Google Butt posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah worker protection

I mean the closest thing to this I can remember is a US employer giving "free home pest inspections" to all of their employees, and then when they found an employee with bed bugs, they fired them

Scary! Too
Apr 10, 2020

Brap

Hobbs and Shaw has as many epilogues as the last Lord of the Rings movie

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I didn't say or imply it was funny?

in fact this guy was probably one of the very rare rookie "good cops" because he saw a man down and selflessly ran to his aid with no regard for his own safety (or he wasn't properly trained).

To riff on this tangent, I looked up the video and it's apparently staged for a training exercise. So we can all rest easy!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Scary! Too posted:

Hobbs and Shaw has as many epilogues as the last Lord of the Rings movie

thats impossible, return of the king has 30 minutes of epilogues

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"oh hey frodo and sam got rescued i guess the movie's ove..... and no now they're at the houses of healing so i guess this is the endin.... no now aragorn is being crowned king of gondor, surely this must be the en...... oh its all 4 hobbits back in the shire well thats a decent en.... MOTHER FUCKER FINE I GUESS WE'RE GOING TO WATCH FRODO AND BILBO GO WITH THE ELVES.... and are you loving kidding ANOTHER SCENE WITH SAM?!?!?!?!?!"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Goreld posted:

While swimming competitively for many years, my parents were insistent that the chlorine would make my siblings and me impervious to disease. Because it does kill microbes in the water.

After one particularly grueling meet, I got the most sick Ive ever been in my life, probably a bad flu. Freezing shakes so bad even a shower couldnt stop them, I was so sick I couldnt walk ten feet to the bathroom, almost certainly caught at the meet.

Of course now I find out that inhaling shitloads of chlorine may have hosed my lungs for covid, all because the *common sense* idea that breathing chlorine must be good for you. Every time I asked uh but isnt chlorine gas used as a weapon Id get a oh thats totally different! response.

In short, tons of people will die and conservatives wont learn a goddamn thing from this.

you have to want to learn for anything to change, as long as there is at least one person they respect left that agrees with them nothing will change

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

quote:

But in Return of the King's defense, it does cram in 6 endings in a (comparatively?) brief 27 minutes. And there's only 22-ish minutes between the first fade-to-black fakeout on Mount Doom to the real “The End” appearing onscreen.

oh my god it actually was a half hour of epilogues gently caress YOU PETER JACKSON

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

godfuckingdammit

mystes
May 31, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh my god it actually was a half hour of epilogues gently caress YOU PETER JACKSON
You can only complain about a half hour of epilogues in Return of the King if you've been able to sit through the entirety of Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

To riff on this tangent, I looked up the video and it's apparently staged for a training exercise. So we can all rest easy!

I’ve been shown the video as part of training and the explanation they gave was that it’s real, and the family gave permission for it to be used in training videos to prevent future deaths.

so basically he has been owned postmortem by his own family

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

F

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

MorrisBae posted:

yes, FMLA. you cannot be fired and have to be given an equivalent job when you return, but lmao you aren't getting paid or anything like that while you're sick.

speaking of, Aflac stocks have plummeted on news that people are actually going to be using their products

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

of all the things that stick around going forward (such as coronavirus and a high death toll) i really really hope priest squirt guns are one of them lmao

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Lol if literally any chlorine gas storage facilities at ANY municipal water treatment plant were to go off, will the the right winds, it would easily kill a third if not more of that municipality within minutes, but yeah go ahead and huff that poo poo from r the roni, trungle!

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Shima Honnou posted:

of all the things that stick around going forward (such as coronavirus and a high death toll) i really really hope priest squirt guns are one of them lmao

It's probably the most salient image of our times. It's gonna make the 2060 history books for sure.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Starks posted:

I’ve been shown the video as part of training and the explanation they gave was that it’s real, and the family gave permission for it to be used in training videos to prevent future deaths.

so basically he has been owned postmortem by his own family
They lied to you.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Flunky posted:

play disc golf, it's the People's Golf

If you are over 16 and play with frisbees you are 💯 a failson

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

mystes posted:

You can only complain about a half hour of epilogues in Return of the King if you've been able to sit through the entirety of Peter Jackson's King Kong.

The foreskin worms scare me.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Basic Poster posted:

If you are over 16 and play with frisbees you are 💯 a failson

Disc golf loving owns, dork. Getting baked and throwing frisbees around is one of the few joys left in this world.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

nice diet coke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I don't think we will get a big increase over the next few weeks, but I do think we will hold steady. The big increase will be when everyone goes back inside when it is cold and if school starts