Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
GTA5. every character in the game was unlikable from start to finish. but it was free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 25, 2020

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm abolutely right. the switch version is trash and the ps4 in general is garbage

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm abolutely right. the switch version is trash and the ps4 in general is garbage

I’ll have to play it on a real gamer console then

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s the official console of the Imp Zone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

I’ll have to play it on a real gamer console then

excuse me. i'm an esports champion at this game a platted hard and hard 101 and unlocked everything 7 years ago when it came out. the loading times on wii u were epic for the win which made playing the awful zaxxon tributesd in 6-b and 9-b over and over a real treat. 🔫

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice call to violence. Enjoy your Permaban fuckstain.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the pc version instantly loads into the loading time training room and then leaves it before i can even make a unite morph because the actual level loads so fast its funny

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ill actually bother getting the bottlecap for taking no damage on a train stage this time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the pc version instantly loads into the loading time training room and then leaves it before i can even make a unite morph because the actual level loads so fast its funny

Lol the bayo port did the same thing...thank you platinum

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

thinking back fondly on doing the unite boomerang section over and over on the wii u when touching anything on hard 101 was instant death and getting a lot of practice time doing combos on generic goons while the loading percent ticked up slowly

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Filament - Someone said that it was Like The Witness which got me interested, and I guess the puzzles kind of are Like The Witness but the rest of it is not fit to shine The Witness's boots.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
17. 007 Quantum of Solace (Agent)

James Bond will return...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

@kull started uncharted on brutal . Agony

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
6) FF7 remake

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
GTAV

Basically,

Nutmeg posted:

GTA5. every character in the game was unlikable from start to finish. but it was free

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

kathy rain, i got it free and still feel kind of ripped off...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

24. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. The story kinda blows and a lot of the areas are just huge flat zones with slightly different color palettes but Balthier and Ashe have really cool outfits and there's TWO Cids so mathematically its the best FF game ever made

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked the story but imo it should have focussed on Vaan a lot more or gotten rid of him fully and gone with Basch. I really liked the two scenes with Vaan asking Balthier questions about the Strahl and think it could have been a cool story about Balthier training him to be a sky pirate instead of those two scenes and that's it. I really liked the idea of the Occuria and how they come across as higher entities unconcerned about you until you mention Venat and they go loving ballistic about that little poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

also the judges were sick as hell and should have been used way more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's definitely cool moments but the majority of the plot occurs without anybody in your party influencing it or most of the time even being present which makes it hard for me to really care about anything that happens. Again until the last like 5 or so hours when they finally have a clear goal and climb an epic tower and blow up a space ship.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ya that's another problem tbf. Really Balthier should have been the main character if not basch. And give them more scenes with Gabranth and Cid (who owns)

But most of the plot was advanced court politics in arcades with all the judges fighting against one another and Gramis trying to control Vayne then a hard cut to me in the cave palace change 40 quickening together to summon a black hole to destroy an evil tomato

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yakuza 3. The gameplay showed its age sometimes and it felt like it had a lot less content than 0 or the Kiwamis (I guess it’s probably pretty similar to what 1 and 2 had before they got remade) but I still enjoyed it a lot. I really loved the Okinawa setting and the smaller story beats with the kids and the Ryudo family were some of my favorite writing in the series so far. Downloading 4 now, hopefully I can jump into it tonight.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yakuza 3. The gameplay showed its age sometimes and it felt like it had a lot less content than 0 or the Kiwamis (I guess it’s probably pretty similar to what 1 and 2 had before they got remade) but I still enjoyed it a lot. I really loved the Okinawa setting and the smaller story beats with the kids and the Ryudo family were some of my favorite writing in the series so far. Downloading 4 now, hopefully I can jump into it tonight.

5 is the one that matches and perhaps even eclipses the more modern entries in terms of content. There’s a staggering amount of poo poo to do in 5.

4 is nice because you get to know some new characters, but having cities besides kamurocho is missed. You do get rooftops and underground areas as a tradeoff, but overall I think it’s the PS3 entry I enjoyed least. Still, every Yakuza game is fantastic and worth playing.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
ff12s main problem is vaan sucks rear end

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

5. Kowloon's Gate VR suzaku. neat game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ff12s main problem is vaan sucks rear end

He immediately forgives Basch and then has no more input on the story lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
GTA III (100%)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

He immediately forgives Basch and then has no more input on the story lol

supposedly he was a last second additon to the story since they were worried about the players being put off by being an ancient 23 year old like basch or balthier so they shoehorned vaan in which is why he does like one thing and then just sort of stands around for most of the game

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
2. Minecraft (credits)

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Metroid Prime

first replay in about a decade, its still a delight to play and immerse yourself into. its incredible how good and atmospheric the game looks given how old it is. my only complaint would be that needing to make the journey between phendrana and tallon overworld a bunch of times is a big pain, i wish magmoor caverns was less linear and had some shortcuts in it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daemon X Machina. I enjoyed it a lot, I love customizing mechs and there’s a lot of that here, with the mech, the pilot, and your weapon loadout having a ton of different options. The combat is extremely fast-paced with a lot of verticality too which is fun. I liked the way it handled characters too, there’s a huge cast and since you’re all freelance mercenaries sometimes you’ll fight against someone you were allies with in the last mission, or vice versa.

The final boss was insanely hard to the point that I’d almost resigned myself to never beating it when I was trying to be smart and fight it intelligently, I was lucky if I could get his health down by 10% and only once brought him down to half. Then I got mad, decided to get in his face and go nuts with the lightsaber, and killed him first try lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

supposedly he was a last second additon to the story since they were worried about the players being put off by being an ancient 23 year old like basch or balthier so they shoehorned vaan in which is why he does like one thing and then just sort of stands around for most of the game

I didn't know that, that's cool. then again the story narrative would not work without the iconic "basch lives" minigame

1. Uncharted Drake’s Fortune - Crushing
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Crushing
3. Ico
4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Crushing: Really fun game like the other two but definitely a step down after 2 weirdly. Felt like it didn't handle as nicely and was more prone to glitching. Maybe the latter is because of the remaster but I remember even on PS3 it didn't handle as nicely as 2 did. Some cool new features like the heavy melee fights were really cool though. The grenade throwback was cool in concept but was really awkwardly executed, like no generosity with where you could grab them from and no real way to aim the toss back. Really the wheels start coming off the whole thing in syria after a super strong start. Still a fun run and gun game with nice characters and a chill way to spend time. Looking forward to 4 which sounds like what I want most in the series.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Wonderful 101: Remastered

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

how many wonderful ones did you find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004