Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Funion posted:

Just some late night thoughts, but I hope all of you are keeping yourselves mentally healthy through this.

A better world for future generations won't be possible if leftists and assholes like you guys give up hope for that better world.

Take care of yourselves, goons.

It's in abandoning hope altogether than we will find salvation. Hope lies to you. Hope tells you that compromise is possible. That the system can be reformed and the capitalist redeemed. Hope is the drug of choice for liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Funion posted:

Just some late night thoughts, but I hope all of you are keeping yourselves mentally healthy through this.

A better world for future generations won't be possible if leftists and assholes like you guys give up hope for that better world.

I haven’t given up hope for my personal life to be full and happy but COVID and the response might have been the final nail in the coffin on any hope I had that the US government would ever become an effectual organization that works towards the public good

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

turn it into a public rec center named after the kid he killed

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey who here played death stranding. time for a flashback

LMAOOOOOOOOO

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Funion posted:

:cheers: you too brother (sister?). solidarity

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Funion posted:

This crap has amplified my alienation towards society and tanked my productivity toward basic tasks. Hope everyone else is handling this better.

AceOfFlames has issued a correction as of 12:08 on May 25, 2020

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Sad that we're going to fall just short of 100k today

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Thoguh posted:

Most people are staying home so I bet we have a bunch of somewhat isolated outbreaks around churches and other similar places but nothing that really does enough to break through. The real question is how much retail and dining goes under if more people don't suddenly decide to start going out again.

Now, when schools and sports start up again in the fall then we'll see some poo poo.

Nah poo poo's going to get wild. Summer months, especially June, are big for weddings. Some of the chud states (Iowa :eyepop:) are allowing weddings to start up again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

All the Chuds at my apartment are spamming the message board because the small apartment pool area has been shut down for months.

Don't keep the pool closed over the democrat media hoax!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ebola Roulette posted:

Nah poo poo's going to get wild. Summer months, especially June, are big for weddings. Some of the chud states (Iowa :eyepop:) are allowing weddings to start up again.

Makes sense if you want to wipe out your family.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
snoo's food looks so freaking good. everything they make is light years better than my creations.

anyway, here is the ideal goon food

https://twitter.com/bgates420/status/1191188180428562432

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Kv6vxZwL8

☀️

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Funion posted:

The only hope I am capable of is a thin facade I am barely maintaining so I don't have to make my wife miserable.

There is no possible way to address climate change in any meaningful way. Covid has shown us the farce of the US ever mobilizing to deal with such a threat and there is no reality where the next president we get does anything meaningful to address it.

eeee

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Funion posted:

I’m not sleeping as well anymore, not because of nightmares but because of perfectly normal dreams where I realize halfway through that I’m not wearing a mask/gloves and neither is anyone around me and I startle myself awake

if my subconscious could get with the program i’d appreciate it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Makes sense if you want to wipe out your family.

Corona chan to use one weird trick to prevent racist comments at Thanksgiving dinners this year.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

All the Chuds at my apartment are spamming the message board because the small apartment pool area has been shut down for months.

Don't keep the pool closed over the democrat media hoax!

they "opened" the pool at my place but hired someone who lives here (I think they live here, they sent out an email asking to hire someone who lives here) to monitor social distancing and to wipe things down. They have 4 sets of two chairs/umbrellas in the far corners of the pool and people are limited to 2 hours each then kicked out. My husband went to get the mail the other day and said people were just getting some sun and one family of a parent w/ kid was in the pool and it looked like people were trying to distance while enjoying the pool. It might sound selfish but I want them to open this little hut we have in the corner with a garden hose so I can don a mask and wash my vehicles because they're really bad and it's starting to mess up the paint on my beat up old truck, it's roped off right now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

they "opened" the pool at my place but hired someone who lives here (I think they live here, they sent out an email asking to hire someone who lives here) to monitor social distancing and to wipe things down. They have 4 sets of two chairs/umbrellas in the far corners of the pool and people are limited to 2 hours each then kicked out. My husband went to get the mail the other day and said people were just getting some sun and one family of a parent w/ kid was in the pool and it looked like people were trying to distance while enjoying the pool. It might sound selfish but I want them to open this little hut we have in the corner with a garden hose so I can don a mask and wash my vehicles because they're really bad and it's starting to mess up the paint on my beat up old truck, it's roped off right now.

I like how Chud talk about how someday they will overthrow the deep state but not being able to visit a pool for a few months makes them have a complete meltdown.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

I like how Chud talk about how someday they will overthrow the deep state but not being able to visit a pool for a few months makes them have a complete meltdown.

overthrow the deep state*

*deep dish pizza

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Funion posted:

i'm hopeful mostly because i don't live in the US but also

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

WHERES ME loving MONEY JACINDA

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Japan released their state of emergency for the whole country today. I'd still think it's way premature, but I've thought things would go really wrong before and they apparently didn't, so I don't know.

I walked by an okonomiyaki restaurant last weekend and it was completely full inside. there might have been an explosion of infections If that kind of pattern was over the whole country last weekend, and if there was I guess we'd know about it next weekend or so.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Samurai Sanders posted:

Japan released their state of emergency for the whole country today. I'd still think it's way premature, but I've thought things would go really wrong before and they apparently didn't, so I don't know.

I walked by an okonomiyaki restaurant last weekend and it was completely full inside. there might have been an explosion of infections If that kind of pattern was over the whole country last weekend, and if there was I guess we'd know about it next weekend or so.

that sound so yummy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Warmest day of year by far in Chicago yesterday, lots of fun videos of cops trying to clear chud crowds out. Fun times

Also I very stupidly picked up a beer can from an empty beach when I was mad at people littering and then was like oh God drat it I better not get surface spread from this.

Meanwhile, Evanston, IL is claiming they contract trace every single case and issued "close to 1000 quarantine and isolation orders" to potentially exposed people. Its crazy this isn't publicized more as a "someone is actually doing something" and most of the news is generic we hired contact tracers!! Then crickets

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 13:33 on May 25, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just wash your hands in the lake to get the Rona off

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol there's some Walmart commercial on YouTube where the lady working is like "people call me a hero but I don't think that, a hero is a police officer or firefighter"

Walmart gonna sweep all hero pay under the rug with this gaslighting

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Burn Zone posted:

really thinking about making some edibles tomorrow. assuming you can use olive oil a la cannabutter, then use it to make pasta but don’t know how well that would work and I feel like you would need a lot of oil otherwise it’s only a few milligrams. guess I could just make cookies or something but thc infused spaghetti sounds legit.

Its exactly how the fed govt ended the Native American takeover of Alcatraz in the 70s

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

moist turtleneck posted:

lol there's some Walmart commercial on YouTube where the lady working is like "people call me a hero but I don't think that, a hero is a police officer or firefighter"

Walmart gonna sweep all hero pay under the rug with this gaslighting

I tried to give :10bux: to the cashier who also bagged all my groceries and she wouldn't take it and said they were not allowed. Same with the cashier at drive thru last week.

Is it illegal for companies to mandate "no tips" rule?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

But I was led to believe that every Japanese person is a chain smoking salaryman who doesn't wear a mask.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/beaches-parks-full-memorial-day-weekend-pandemic-200524183947394.html

quote:

The Memorial Day weekend marking the unofficial start of summer in the United States brought big crowds to some beaches, parks and other destinations across the country, and warnings from experts about people disregarding the coronavirus social-distancing rules.

The outbreak in the US, the hardest-hit country in the world, has killed nearly 100,000 people and infected 1,626,000. As all 50 states have begun to ease restrictions in some capacity, experts have warned citizens to stay vigilant and continue to take precautions to avoid a resurgence.

On beaches in the southern state of Florida over the weekend, sheriff's deputies and beach patrols tried to make sure people kept their distance from others as they soaked up the rays on the sand and at parks.

In the Tampa area, along Florida's Gulf Coast, the crowds were so big that authorities took the extraordinary step of closing parking lots. The county's sheriff, Bob Gualtieri, said about 300 deputies were patrolling the beaches to ensure people did not get too close.

In the state of Missouri, people packed bars and restaurants at the Lake of the Ozarks, a vacation hot spot popular with Chicagoans, over the weekend.

One video showed a crammed pool where vacationers lounged close together without masks, St Louis station KMOV-TV reported.

In West Virginia, ATV riders jammed the vast, 700-mile Hatfield-McCoy network of all-terrain vehicle trails on the first weekend it was allowed to reopen since the outbreak took hold. Campgrounds and cabins were opened, as well.

"We truly appreciate getting to reopen," Jeff Lusk, executive director of the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority, told the Charleston Gazette-Mail. "Being able to open now will help our trail businesses recove

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Coatlicue posted:

I tried to give :10bux: to the cashier who also bagged all my groceries and she wouldn't take it and said they were not allowed. Same with the cashier at drive thru last week.

i'm sorry but asking this with any sincerity is the funniest thing i have read all week. yep, that's the one labor law the united states has, it's illegal to mandate a "no tips" rule.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Coatlicue posted:

Not illegal, but it can be against company policy. I used to work for a place that had a no tips rule. In the off-chance refusing the tip would lead to a bad customer service situation, we had to give the tip to Loss Prevention; that was rare, it only happened to me once in 4ish years.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Warmest day of year by far in Chicago yesterday, lots of fun videos of cops trying to clear chud crowds out. Fun times

Also I very stupidly picked up a beer can from an empty beach when I was mad at people littering and then was like oh God drat it I better not get surface spread from this.

Meanwhile, Evanston, IL is claiming they contract trace every single case and issued "close to 1000 quarantine and isolation orders" to potentially exposed people. Its crazy this isn't publicized more as a "someone is actually doing something" and most of the news is generic we hired contact tracers!! Then crickets

When I go hiking/camping I would pick up other people's trash but now I'm not doing that. Since this started in Dec I've only been out (hiking or camping) 4 times total and each time I pass trash my brain screams to pick it up but I don't and for the rest of the trip I want to turn around and pick it up. My "plan" for doing this when at a campsite going forward is bringing a pair of gloves and giving each site a once over before I leave and having a special garbage bag just for those items, I've not figured out how I can pick up litter while hiking tho. I'm open to ideas because gloves wouldn't be practical nor would using a tissue to pick stuff up as it might be all wet n poo poo

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fry your rice before cooking it

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm open to ideas because gloves wouldn't be practical nor would using a tissue to pick stuff up as it might be all wet n poo poo

Use a plastic grocery bag (or something biodegradable idk) as a glove and pick it up, then turn the bag inside out and tie it off.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I want to go be in Japan, nothing could hurt me there

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Use a plastic grocery bag (or something biodegradable idk) as a glove and pick it up, then turn the bag inside out and tie it off.

good call but my goal was to have one grocery bag at the end of the trip, but I guess I could bring a few

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NC5/status/1264909932127805440

Covid Cowboy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wheres my six figgies of corona death

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

you laugh, but Sweden is going to get herd immunity soonest and won't have to worry about a second wave

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

facetoucher cat posted:

good call but my goal was to have one grocery bag at the end of the trip, but I guess I could bring a few

you could bring a roll of dogshit bags and one larger bag to haul all the individually bagged trash. the larger ones could hold like a 20oz drink bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

comedyblissoption posted:

wheres my six figgies of corona death

only 600 deaths recorded yesterday, no way more than that get recorded on a national holiday. Not gonna make it.