Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

tbh it is pretty annoying when you pick a mostly empty place to eat, have a round, start ordering your meal, and then a sublime cover band starts setting up 20ft from your table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

totally not suspicious and dubious framing on the corona recession wiki page. 'Hmm, how can we bash the yellow vests and blame them for macron's incompetence at the same time?'

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mastershakeman posted:

Need some sort of walking stick with a grabber

I would also suggest this over bringing a roll of plastic bags to the woods and individually wrapping trash in them.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
When I used to have a social life and was a raging alcoholic the bar I'd go to rarely ever had live music but it would sometimes have roaming bands of street performers coming through. Various types of music from folksy guitar to big bass bands with their lovely duct taped tubas hitting people. No one liked it and just wanted to drink their whiskey in peace, they'd go somewhere else if they wanted music other than the b-side '80s they played

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress SNEEP posted:

yeah, who tf hates live music?

it's also always advertised so if you go into a bar and get 'surprised' by live music you probably missed something lol

goons go to Nashville and are shocked and angry that country music bars have live music

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

Rutibex posted:

i worked for walmart and they will 100% fire you for taking tips. they watch the video cameras for it. don't offer walmart employees tips, you are making them uncomfortable

This was not Walmart, but I thought that it was OK to tip someone to bag groceries?

I am sure it is bullshit, but what is the reason that they give for not allowing workers to accept tips?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

ChristsDickWorship posted:

tbh it is pretty annoying when you pick a mostly empty place to eat, have a round, start ordering your meal, and then a sublime cover band starts setting up 20ft from your table

the fastest meal I've ever eaten was when I was surprised by a Led Zeppelin cover band

they started with stairway

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i made a chili, first meat dish in a long while

it was v. good.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Jon Irenicus posted:

the fastest meal I've ever eaten was when I was surprised by a Led Zeppelin cover band

they started with stairway

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

cover band that exclusively plays the full version of freebird

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
loving government flew a jet over my house and woke my essential rear end up gently caress you turopm

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
While I was being all ADD this morning I organized my plastic bags and discovered I kept all of my produce bags since the beginning of time, because reasons. I'm going to reuse those instead of buying anything as they serve the exact same purpose a doggie bag would and this is kinda the reason I kept them I guess

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Spoondick posted:

cover band that exclusively plays the full version of freebird

thats called the artimus pyle band

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ebola Roulette posted:

Nah poo poo's going to get wild. Summer months, especially June, are big for weddings. Some of the chud states (Iowa :eyepop:) are allowing weddings to start up again.

Meh, we never had a huge spike after Easter. There will be some weddings that are superspreader events but they'll get lost in the noise of some churches/gyms/restaurants spreading it. I don't think we're gonna drop but this will cook along all summer while most people work from home, sports and concerts are canceled, and school is out of session. This fall as more offices back fill up, kids go back to school, and we have football games... Then shits gonna get wild.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Shima Honnou posted:

loving government flew a jet over my house and woke my essential rear end up gently caress you turopm

Thank you for your service

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Their reopening metrics like they started out at "continual decline" and they decided to round "holding steady" toward decline and call it close enough. Their website used to say

Goal: Less Than 1.0 Transmission Rate
Current: 0.95-1.05

or something like that, but they removed it and changed it to "Below 1.0", I'm guessing that was because that range was a 95% range of uncertainty, and they want to use the average and be 50% certain rather than being 95% certain by using the upper end. The other metrics are like "25% of hospital floor bed capacity available" and right next to them there's "26% of hospital floor bed capacity available"

https://www.asafenashville.org/roadmap-for-reopening-nashville/

This one time when I was early voting, the central bus station was being renovated and they changed the stops in a way not reflected by the schedule, so I just walked downtown through all the foot-traffic to the bus station instead. It was kind of fun because I stopped and decided to lean by the back alley wall of a bar playing blues or something and listen to it for a minute before continuing on

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
go to mexican bars and listen to mariachi instead of white bars with cover bands or whatever

i mean if you invent a time machine and come back to before roni (dont do this you'll just bring it back in time with you as a carrier)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

just be grateful the plane didn't fall apart

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?

dex_sda posted:

i made a chili, first meat dish in a long while

it was v. good.

why no meat? genuinely curious, ive been doing vegan/vegetarian for a while to save cash, is it harder to find for you?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

CODChimera posted:

just be grateful the plane didn't fall apart

A small part of me has been hoping for this.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
When they ground planes in a fleet do they ground the same planes or do they rotate them out on a cycle of ground > check/repair > fly > repeat? If they ground the same ones or don't do the previously mentioned wouldn't the planes that are grounded be essentially rotting and without being top to bottom rebuild be unsafe for flying? It's my understanding that commercial aircraft are not meant to sit for long periods of time

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Coatlicue posted:

This was not Walmart, but I thought that it was OK to tip someone to bag groceries?

I am sure it is bullshit, but what is the reason that they give for not allowing workers to accept tips?

They just assume you're stealing - there's no way "cashier takes money from customer and puts it in their pocket" doesn't look bad on a surveillance camera

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Organic Lube User posted:

A small part of me has been hoping for this.

I too long for a plane engine to land on me

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

My Mother The Car posted:

why no meat? genuinely curious, ive been doing vegan/vegetarian for a while to save cash, is it harder to find for you?

I'm partial to vegetarianism for environmental reasons and limited my meat intake before this happened, but I also lift and work so my food needs to be healthy and packed with protein. Vegetarian food that fits this description takes longer to cook to taste good. So I went more vegetarian now that I have the time thanks to working (and working out) from home.

My veg and beans game has improved, which is good. But once things go back to the old ways I'll probably go back to eating more flesh again, just for convenience. It's also saving me cash for sure though, the drat food prices are skyrocketing here and they're doing it faster for meats.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

snoo posted:

here's nice looking food I've made in the last month and a half

looking forward to never having beef again I guess :(

Snoo tell me your secret for making such beautiful eggs.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

When they ground planes in a fleet do they ground the same planes or do they rotate them out on a cycle of ground > check/repair > fly > repeat? If they ground the same ones or don't do the previously mentioned wouldn't the planes that are grounded be essentially rotting and without being top to bottom rebuild be unsafe for flying? It's my understanding that commercial aircraft are not meant to sit for long periods of time

They ground the same ones and mothballs them in places like Arizona where it's hot and dry.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

facetoucher cat posted:

I saw a documentary once where a group of cavemen flew some 1000 year old fighter jets and the jets were in perfect condition if that answers your question.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Luckyellow posted:

Lol they did a random serology test and found like only 7% have antibodies. They definitely will get a second wave too
In Stockholm. For the country as a whole they're likely well under that number, since Stockholm is basically the New York of Sweden. (Including sending coronabombs into nursing homes)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I saw a documentary once where a group of cavemen flew some 1000 year old fighter jets and the jets were in perfect condition if that answers your question.

psychlos support the gold standard

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coatlicue posted:

the line for not accepting tips is "it would be a conflict of interest". they call it bribery and treat taking tips the same as a walmart executive taking cash to promote some vendors product above others

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

dex_sda posted:

psychlos support the gold standard

lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

comedyblissoption posted:

wheres my six figgies of corona death

they're loving up the prediction pools

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Rutibex posted:

the line for not accepting tips is "it would be a conflict of interest". they call it bribery and treat taking tips the same as a walmart executive taking cash to promote some vendors product above others
It conflicts with the interest of management.

Admiral Ray posted:

they're loving up the prediction pools
Have you considered the possibility that it's actually a goon who reports coronadeaths, manipulating the numbers to win the pool?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

They ground the same ones and mothballs them in places like Arizona where it's hot and dry.

That concerns TF out of me because stress fractures are a thing but okay, tks

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Coatlicue posted:

the cruelty is the point

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

bon appetit jammy eggs but I do, like, 7 1/2 minutes instead of 6 1/2

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?

dex_sda posted:

I'm partial to vegetarianism for environmental reasons and limited my meat intake before this happened, but I also lift and work so my food needs to be healthy and packed with protein. Vegetarian food that fits this description takes longer to cook to taste good. So I went more vegetarian now that I have the time thanks to working (and working out) from home.

My veg and beans game has improved, which is good. But once things go back to the old ways I'll probably go back to eating more flesh again, just for convenience. It's also saving me cash for sure though, the drat food prices are skyrocketing here and they're doing it faster for meats.

that makes alot of sense, i have a buddy who is vegan but super swole and he is basically a skin sack full of beans

i've been making my own seitan for our protein and its working out pretty well. It has a good texture and helps to break up the parade of beans we've been eating . a big ol' loaf can last a few meals easily.

also been playing with tofu scramble alot. super easy and holds well if you make a bunch ahead.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

Put them in boiling water for x amount of time then take them out and put them in ice water. Also you put something in the water to make them peel easily. Baking soda or baking powder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
If Spirit airlines survives this you're going to have to pay an extra fee for a plane that's like had a 99 point certification or something but no one will pay it so they're just going to figure out how to attach seats to one of those rubber band wind up birds that fly