Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

NikkolasKing posted:

What are the odds either Fallout 4 or Pillars of Eternity 1 will be on sale for the summer sale? They're the games I really wanna buy now that are a bit more expensive than I'm willing to spend. Especially FO4 which is still loving full price....

Almost 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

NikkolasKing posted:

What are the odds either Fallout 4 or Pillars of Eternity 1 will be on sale for the summer sale? They're the games I really wanna buy now that are a bit more expensive than I'm willing to spend. Especially FO4 which is still loving full price....

Pillars goes on sale often, I would figure it’ll be dirt cheap. I think I got Fallout 4 for ten bucks in a sale so the odds are good there, too.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NikkolasKing posted:

The Pillars of Eternity collection with the DLC is currently $16 on the Humble store and Fallout 4 is $15 :cheers:

(I highly recommend using isthereanydeal.com for this kind of stuff, it shows you deals on non-Steam sites while filtering out sketchy resellers like G2A etc, and it also has a price history function that can give you a sense of how often a game goes on sale and for how much)

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

goferchan posted:

The Pillars of Eternity collection with the DLC is currently $16 on the Humble store and Fallout 4 is $15 :cheers:

(I highly recommend using isthereanydeal.com for this kind of stuff, it shows you deals on non-Steam sites while filtering out sketchy resellers like G2A etc, and it also has a price history function that can give you a sense of how often a game goes on sale and for how much)

Hey that's pretty awesome, thanks. I didn't know aboutt hat site.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

NikkolasKing posted:

Hey that's pretty awesome, thanks. I didn't know aboutt hat site.

It's fantastic. That's how I efficiently buy games I don't play.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Someone tell me about a cool quality jigsaw puzzle game that isn't that glass window game. I have an Urge.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

dmboogie posted:

the most wild part of SR3 is how Shaundi completely changes her appearance and personality such that she's basically unrecognizable as the same character

SR4 did some fun bits with that at least so it wasn't a total wash

I will fondly remember running with a gang of Shaundis (Shaundies?) in Saint's Row IV

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

NikkolasKing posted:

I suppose you've already heard everyone bagging on these games and want to play them regardless... but I'm the exact target demographic for PoE 1, and I found it too boring to keep pushing past the very first real city. There's just so much lore and dialog, and none of it is the slightest bit engaging. Nearly as interminable a slog as all the trash combat that still takes forever.

I've replayed BG2 4 times over back in the day, just replayed Disco Elyisum 3 times (and wrote three different guides in the process). I have a great deal of tolerance for RPG combat and lore, provided they are the least bit interesting.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

Someone tell me about a cool quality jigsaw puzzle game that isn't that glass window game. I have an Urge.

I think Tabletop Simulator has a jigsaw component to it. It'd be a pure experience.

Then there's this one as well: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1036950/Super_Jigsaw_Puzzle_Generations/

And a glorious amount of hentai and kitty/doggo versions.

Don't know of any that have a game/progression kind of deal going on.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Zaroff posted:

Back when SR3 came out I remember reading the theory that SR2 Shaundi was high on weed, while in SE3 she had moved on to coke.

Hell, I'd buy that theory.

Xander77 posted:

I suppose you've already heard everyone bagging on these games and want to play them regardless... but I'm the exact target demographic for PoE 1, and I found it too boring to keep pushing past the very first real city. There's just so much lore and dialog, and none of it is the slightest bit engaging. Nearly as interminable a slog as all the trash combat that still takes forever.

I've replayed BG2 4 times over back in the day, just replayed Disco Elyisum 3 times (and wrote three different guides in the process). I have a great deal of tolerance for RPG combat and lore, provided they are the least bit interesting.

I think the issue with PoE1's presentation is that it felt to me more concerned with world building than with creating an interesting story. PoE2 is a much better game than the first on every account and I feel it is a shame that I slept on it for so long, mostly because the first game left me very underwhelmed.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Pixel Puzzles Ultimate. The base game is free, you get a couple of puzzles with it. DLC goes on sale often and is super cheap.

My biggest complaint is that you can't choose the style of jigsaw, and some of the ones used in the game suck balls. Just give me traditional jigsaw puzzle pieces, game!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lord Lambeth posted:

I will fondly remember running with a gang of Shaundis (Shaundies?) in Saint's Row IV

Shaundii

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Xander77 posted:

I actually have played Fallout 4 a bit. I bought it on PS4 (which I no longer own) and found it okay. It came back to my mind 'cuz I'm replaying FO3 and New Vegas and NV really needed an evil companion. It reminded me of Cait who was the star of FO4 for me, at least as far as I got into it. I missed several of the companions. I found Piper, Strong, the initial robot dude, the BoS Companion an Hancock. who would be another evil companion.

And I know very little of Pillars of Eternity 1 or 2.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks guys, gonna get some puzzling on this morning!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

ZearothK posted:

I think the issue with PoE1's presentation is that it felt to me more concerned with world building than with creating an interesting story. PoE2 is a much better game than the first on every account and I feel it is a shame that I slept on it for so long, mostly because the first game left me very underwhelmed.
The bigger problem is that nothing about the world it builds is really remotely interesting. They were trying to build a Forgotten Realms knockoff setting from whole cloth without having the 40+ years it took to give that world the flavour and detail it has today. As a result, it just feels generic and bland. POE2 does nothing to fix this, but it is more fun to actually play.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I am at peace with reality, thank you goons

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
You are at pieces with reality

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

NikkolasKing posted:

Oh, I have an extra key for PoE 1. Just the base game, no expansions. I don't have plat but post your email or Steam ID and I'll be happy to send it over if you want it.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

Oh, I have an extra key for PoE 1. Just the base game, no expansions. I don't have plat but post your email or Steam ID and I'll be happy to send it over if you want it.

Wow, that's really awesome of you. Thanks so much and yes I'd definitely appreciate it.

This is my SteamID right?
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198157692710/

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Baller Time posted:

You are at pieces with reality

I saw your jig.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Yup, I sent you a friend invite!

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

goferchan posted:

As an addendum to this, the Augmented Steam Chrome/Firefox extension (made by the IsThereAnyDeal team) is really good. It'll tell you if a game you're looking at on Steam is available cheaper elsewhere, among a whole host of other stuff.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Late but I can't avoid a good gimmick reply.

My favorite jigsaw game is Car Mechanic Sim 18, but PC Building Sim comes pretty close.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
new Sherlock Holmes game from Frogwares, looks cool.

https://twitter.com/frogwares/status/1264945700946796547?s=21

Devil’s Daughter is still worth playing even if it’s not as good as Crimes and Punishments, right?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

Devil’s Daughter is still worth playing even if it’s not as good as Crimes and Punishments, right?
Opinions differ mostly by tolerance for minigames, but I'd say yes.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I deduce that Sherlock Holmes is about to have a break in the case after breaking some hearts.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
The new SR3 looks amazing but i guess i really dont want to play it for some reason. Maybe when is on steam and cheap. SR2 unfucked? im there day one.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am at peace with reality, thank you goons

I played that series for a while and eventually got frustrated by not being able to hook clearly matching pieces together until I knew exactly where they went in the finished puzzle. I ended up sticking with https://www.jigsawplanet.com/

But that's not a steam game. shrugsmiley

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
We are happy to unveil the unexpectedly hot Sherlock Holmes

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

watson fetch my vape

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Sherlock was hot as an middle age man too imo

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I stumbled upon Quantic Dream's store page.

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/QUANTICDREAM

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Jamfrost posted:

I stumbled upon Quantic Dream's store page.

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/QUANTICDREAM
They don't claim their older games Omikron or Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy even though they are on Steam. I wonder why?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Rebel Blob posted:

They don't claim their older games Omikron or Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy even though they are on Steam. I wonder why?

That's a great gif.

I don't know if it's a rights thing because two different publishers handled them for PC, it looks like. However, they both still carry the Quantic Dream name for the developer. Maybe their store page is too new and they'll add them later.

Quite possibly, the shame of having made Fahrenheit is too much.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Fahrenheit had some cool stuff going on but got rushed out half done. If they had gotten to properly complete it, that would have been a classic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rebel Blob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJO8uo3UMko

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Fahrenheit had some cool stuff going on but got rushed out half done. If they had gotten to properly complete it, that would have been a classic.

If I remember correctly I think Cage said it was like a 9 part story (which is obviously insane and would never ever work but nonetheless!) so half done is very charitable.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I guess you could say THIS Fahrenheit... was at room temperature!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I remember playing through that game and then getting to the ending. It's kinda like when you get to the third Matrix movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dischorr_N posted:

I played that series for a while and eventually got frustrated by not being able to hook clearly matching pieces together until I knew exactly where they went in the finished puzzle. I ended up sticking with https://www.jigsawplanet.com/

But that's not a steam game. shrugsmiley

No this is great, thank you. I like being able to snap pieces to each other. Check out this one, it's really pretty: cactus!