Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

shirts and skins posted:

Playing a round of golf once made watching it way more interesting to me because Jesus loving wept that poo poo is hard! Those people are wizards.

I like telling everyone I meet about the time I shot 77 on some public course in North Carolina.

Sometimes I subsequently tell them that I then shot 85 on the back nine, sometimes I don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress tom br*dy

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

BlindSite posted:

My nearest golf course backs onto a closed mental hospital that was built in like the 30s and looks creepy as poo poo. There's also heaps of kangaroos that are so accustomed to people they just lie there smashing grass while you walk to hit your ball. Some of them don't even get up if you have to step over them.

Goddamn I gotta go to Australia.

Golf is cool to play and slightly less cool to watch. Golf courses are an enormous waste of space though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chinatown posted:

gently caress tom br*dy

:emptyquote:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BlindSite posted:

My nearest golf course backs onto a closed mental hospital that was built in like the 30s and looks creepy as poo poo. There's also heaps of kangaroos that are so accustomed to people they just lie there smashing grass while you walk to hit your ball. Some of them don't even get up if you have to step over them.

that's real cool, all golf courses should have kangaroos

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

shirts and skins posted:

Playing a round of golf once made watching it way more interesting to me because Jesus loving wept that poo poo is hard! Those people are wizards.

Playing something like Tiger Woods PGA Tour helps too. I hung out with these friends in college whose favorite past time was playing PGA Tour 2003 and smoking lots of weed. I got way into it and most of the women I've dated got into it too when I introduced them to it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mario golf for the gameboy color is the golf game to play. level up your little golf man and win the championship

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My family is financially deeply tied to golf and yet I cant enjoy it at all.

Now Top Golf, thats a game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if that's true please send me a free golf

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m a lawyer, formal naval officer, and just got a masters in finance from a business school. I’ve never stepped foot on a golf course.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m a lawyer, formal naval officer, and just got a masters in finance from a business school. I’ve never stepped foot on a golf course.

That's the hat trick! :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My lack of hobnobbing with rich classmates is probably why I’m monstrously underemployed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i eagled the 18th hole at euwharrie in NC.

I have never shot under 90

I hate golf with all my being it's a stupid sport for stupid people and it's dumb and i i hate it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bearing in mind this is coming from somebody who spent multiple years of their life painting tiny plastic spacemen, I can't understand why anybody would like golf.

I'm definitely a subscriber to that "why ruin a perfectly good walk" saying.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My parents got into golf late in their life as an activity both can do together and be on the same skill level. I like the mental aspects of it but never got into the sport enough to want to watch it on TV.

Best golf game IMO was/is the Hot Shots Golf (now Everybody's Golf) series for the Sony PlayStation series. Incredibly meditative & cartoony enough to get into if you're young. Admittedly I never played the Mario golf series though.

Content:
https://twitter.com/NFL_Stats/status/1264322879958790144?s=20

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Golf for me is like skiing. I'd possibly enjoy it if it was cheap, but it's wildly expensive so I don't.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Golf for me is like skiing. I'd possibly enjoy it if it was cheap, but it's wildly expensive so I don't.

Golf can be very cheap if you are willing to play with headlamps and glow in the dark balls

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Disc golf courses are usually free or a couple bucks to play, they don’t need watering, and you can pick up a starter set of discs for 30$ or get em cheaper at play it again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

You got your MFA while practicing?! My word you’re a machine!!

Golf is very fun. I live in an area where it’s a huge part of life, due to the courses and professionals who are local. But I’ve always enjoyed the nature of the game and the opportunities it’s setup presents - the actual sport is fun only if you’re the type of person who enjoys slow growing hobbies that you’ll suck at for a very long time

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Barudak posted:

Golf can be very cheap if you are willing to play with headlamps and glow in the dark balls

Um. No.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh, he joined Twitter so he could shill.

I get it

https://twitter.com/EliManning/status/1264665636392894464?s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is he drinking it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

You got your MFA while practicing?! My word you’re a machine!!

Golf is very fun. I live in an area where it’s a huge part of life, due to the courses and professionals who are local. But I’ve always enjoyed the nature of the game and the opportunities it’s setup presents - the actual sport is fun only if you’re the type of person who enjoys slow growing hobbies that you’ll suck at for a very long time

I honestly didn't struggle too much. The MSF was pretty easy for me, all in all. I minored in math with my economics degree and got an honors business certificate from law school. I didn't have any of the pre-reqs, but still breezed through. Finished with a 3.8 and near the top of the class.

I've got a case in federal court right now that I will hopefully get dismissed with prejudice in the next few weeks. I've already won at each step so far (transferred venue, beat appeal, and dismissed one complaint without prejudice), and I've got multiple well supported grounds for to finish it.

Know anyone that's hiring a third year attorney with experience all over the place and a masters in finance?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I honestly didn't struggle too much. The MSF was pretty easy for me, all in all. I minored in math with my economics degree and got an honors business certificate from law school. I didn't have any of the pre-reqs, but still breezed through. Finished with a 3.8 and near the top of the class.

I've got a case in federal court right now that I will hopefully get dismissed with prejudice in the next few weeks. I've already won at each step so far (transferred venue, beat appeal, and dismissed one complaint without prejudice), and I've got multiple well supported grounds for to finish it.

Know anyone that's hiring a third year attorney with experience all over the place and a masters in finance?

If you’re willing to move to palm beach i could set up a few calls

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Eifert Posting posted:

Is he drinking it?

That would be one hole. He said he finished it in 4 other holes.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
https://www.packers.com/news/super-bowl-i-radio-re-broadcast-monday-on-westwood-one

Westwood one is broadcasting the CBS radio call of Super Bowl I at 7pm CST today

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

Is he drinking it?

The slogan is "Put that poo poo on everything" so that's what I'm doing!

Food, drinks, golf equipment, baby diapers. EVERYTHING.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Golf is very fun. Even more fun with friends and beers and time to kill.

But it isn't like skiing. No perfect swing or hole or 9 or game can come close to that rush when you know what you're doing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

golf gargles balls

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Eli was carrying Frank's red hot around in that little beach bucket

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

kiimo posted:

Golf is very fun. Even more fun with friends and beers and time to kill.

But it isn't like skiing. No perfect swing or hole or 9 or game can come close to that rush when you know what you're doing.

agreed. nothing beats skate skiing on a perfect crusty lake in mid march

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
all sports, like all cities, are exactly the same

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Mr. Nice! posted:

I feel like we have a lot of lawyer posters.

I’m also an attorney, and I occasionally enjoy a round of golf with my dad or at a bachelor party or something. But I played baseball my entire life through college and in rec leagues after college, so my mechanics are forever hosed and I slice the hell out of the ball because I rotate my hips like in a baseball swing. So I avoid golfing where it’s not ok to embarrass myself, ie 95% of the time

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 25, 2020

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I enjoy golf because it's the only sport/game I can play with my friends on a somewhat equal footing, given my terribly broken body.

Also you get to drive tiny cars, usually while drunk.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bowling is the only true sport.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Silly Burrito posted:

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Acceptable option, but curling forever.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Silly Burrito posted:

God I miss my bowling league

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I do too but my liver doesn't.

Whenever all four of us rolled a strike we'd have shots. I literally had to move away for my health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I do too but my liver doesn't.

Whenever all four of us rolled a strike we'd have shots. I literally had to move away for my health

You woulda been fine playing with me. You remember that story a decade ago about Obama bowling a 37? I've bowled a couple of frames where he would have beaten me. My throws almost always brake hard left for some reason. Basically I have to aim for the right gutter About a third the way down.