Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I was at the illegally reopened water park the other day and GOD so many idiots were packed in there! Nobody wearing masks, and they made me take mine off when I went down the big water slide, I only did it like 6 times before I noped out of it and spent the rest of the time in the tubing river. They weren't even making people socially distance at the snack bar, I kept glaring at people every time I got an ice cream cone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/matthewbennett/status/1264955414107561987

have fun with that one, worldometers guy!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

charity rereg posted:

my absolute favorite genre of post is "everyone is stupid for being here except for me"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I was at the illegally reopened water park the other day

why

charity rereg posted:

my absolute favorite genre of post is "everyone is stupid for being here except for me"

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I think :thejoke:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I was at the illegally reopened water park the other day and GOD so many idiots were packed in there! Nobody wearing masks, and they made me take mine off when I went down the big water slide, I only did it like 6 times before I noped out of it and spent the rest of the time in the tubing river. They weren't even making people socially distance at the snack bar, I kept glaring at people every time I got an ice cream cone.

protip drink the water, its full of chud piss which the corona virus instinctively recoils from

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The BBC just did a bank holiday trip report from various popular spots around the UK

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

England

Guess which country dropped the "stay at home when possible" message?

England

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I think there is a reasonable middle ground between cramming into packed bars and gyms, and never leaving the house. Like wear a mask, stay away from people, but if you're one of the people who literally aren't going outside, props to you but I can't do that.

sure you can pussy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

poty posted:

have fun with that one, worldometers guy!

update from the guardians liveblog:

Health authorities in Spain have revised downward the country’s death toll from the coronavirus by nearly 2,000, bringing the total number of deaths recorded to 26,834, AFP reports.

A new system of gathering data had allowed them to identify cases that were counted twice and exclude deaths wrongly attributed to the virus, said Fernando Simon, the health ministry’s emergencies coordinator.

“A variation of 1,900, that’s a lot,” he added. “We are trying to check that it’s correct, but these are the figures that we have at the moment.”

The health ministry, which gathers data from regional health authorities, also revised downwards the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus, from the 235,772 announced on Sunday to 235,400.

“We are satisfied with the growing quality of the information that allows us to take decisions,” said Simon. “It is something that happens in every epidemic, when the evolution of the epidemic leaves us with a bit more time, you have to correct the figures and in certain cases you have to reduce them,” he explained.

While the new system cut the number of deaths by 1,918, Spain remains one of the countries worst hit by the virus.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

my bony fealty posted:

protip drink the water, its full of chud piss which the corona virus instinctively recoils from

if you show your lack of fear the coronavirus will be scared of your dominance and not infect you

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I'm gonna complain about it loudly at the big BBQ party at my bro's house later today.

Edit:
Once I get home from the beach, Jesus I'm sure it's gonna be packed with idiots.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Crazypoops posted:

Fuckin hyped for the second wave someone line up the Spanish flu with covid-19 again

reminder that the second Spanish flu wave mutated and started wiping out 20-40 year olds

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BMX Ninja posted:

The BBC just did a bank holiday trip report from various popular spots around the UK

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

England

England

I assume the beach is poo poo in England too but I can guarantee that Scottish beach is not comfortable for sunbathing

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

BMX Ninja posted:

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

England

England

I wonder if there's something about living through the self-mythology of a global empire that does this to a people's brains. The "it's okay when I do it" neural circuit that also justifies overseas dominion and extractive capitalism

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

poty posted:

Health authorities in Spain have revised downward the country’s death toll from the coronavirus by nearly 2,000, bringing the total number of deaths recorded to 26,834, AFP reports.
deaths by 1,918, Spain remains one of the countries

Number go down, time for water park

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
We can thank England for our latent chuddiness

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Thump! posted:

go run in your neighborhood and stay the gently caress away from people

climb a fuckin mountain or something

in fact you can do both of these at the same time bc running with a mask is basically high altitude training

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

fiz don't go to the loving gym!!!!

i felt stupid and left

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

magiccarpet posted:

I stayed inside for 10 weeks only to watch all my friends decide to go on vacation with their families this weekend and gently caress everything up

This is why I completely blackpilled when the Tuesday/wed numbers were so low last week, the only chance we had of a locked down memorial day was 10k+ dead a day and that might not have mattered either

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Marx Headroom posted:

reminder that the second Spanish flu wave mutated and started wiping out 20-40 year olds

:woop:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
This 'in-between peaks' period is so loving frustrating. Waiting for the other shoe to drop is even more painful than the first go-round.

Feels like I'm screaming into the void when it comes to talking to co-workers and family.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My favorite covid mutation found was the one that was a longer asymptomatic phase and a longer sick as a dog phase before killing you.

We will not hit 100k today. So sad.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Marx Headroom posted:

in fact you can do both of these at the same time bc running with a mask is basically high altitude training

:hai:

poty posted:

A new system of gathering data had allowed them to identify cases that were counted twice and exclude deaths wrongly attributed to the virus, said Fernando Simon, the health ministry’s emergencies coordinator.

“A variation of 1,900, that’s a lot,” he added. “We are trying to check that it’s correct, but these are the figures that we have at the moment.”

The health ministry, which gathers data from regional health authorities, also revised downwards the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus, from the 235,772 announced on Sunday to 235,400.

“We are satisfied with the growing quality of the information that allows us to take decisions,” said Simon. “It is something that happens in every epidemic, when the evolution of the epidemic leaves us with a bit more time, you have to correct the figures and in certain cases you have to reduce them,” he explained.

While the new system cut the number of deaths by 1,918, Spain remains one of the countries worst hit by the virus.

:thunk:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Give up, make friends with death. He's pretty cool guy and takes you away from hell world. This is gravity it's beyond us. We never had a chance.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

This 'in-between peaks' period is so loving frustrating. Waiting for the other shoe to drop is even more painful than the first go-round.

Feels like I'm screaming into the void when it comes to talking to co-workers and family.

My buddy who's just as paranoid as I am is having it out with his chud girlfriend, she went to stay at a hotel the other night just to get away for a minute.

Turns out she was staying with her friend who's been bumbling and partying with people.

So that's going well.

Second wave is gonna be really fun.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

I kinda wonder what it would take to have another NBA shutting down type event for the next wave. The only thing I can think of would be if a prominent college football team had a mass outbreak that resulted in the death of a player or head coach. But it couldn't be some random D3 school, it'd have to be Alabama or Clemson or somewhere like that.

I've been thinking for a few days about Nick saban screaming at the top of his lungs at his players and getting covid and dying and how most of the country would just be happy and 90% of Alabama would kill anyone who didn't wear a mask

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
People in prison have figured out the trick to getting drunk and buff as hell without going to gyms and bars why are some of you so unimaginative?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Spain has figured it out. Nobody has died of or because of covid. They died with covid and shouldn't be counted. Thank you!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Thump! posted:

like seriously get some big water jugs delivered to your house and lift those up and down

Fortunately I already have 5 gallon water jugs because our water gets zebra musseled or shut off several times a year. It's starting to take a lot of reps for deadlifts to get anywhere.

I tried nordic curls instead the other day and I refuse to believe anyone can actually do them.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Marx Headroom posted:

I read a theory about the 1918 age disparity and the author posited that a much weaker version had circulated sometime in the 1800s and granted immunity to the survivors against the Spanish flu

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

charity rereg posted:

Isn't this the underlying gist of every C-SPAM post?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
My apartment already opened the pool, and the gym opens on the 28th. We have confirmed positive cases. lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Knoxville chud gym is all the way open. They squirt your hands when you come in and you’re to maintain twelve feet of social distancing, but masks are optional.

Luckily I lift in the oly section in the back with the rest of the nerds who naturally stay socially distanced and politely lift one at a time.

lmao source your quotes please

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

I assume the beach is poo poo in England too but I can guarantee that Scottish beach is not comfortable for sunbathing

To be fair, I think the weather was a bit better today in England than in the north. But I've been to that NI beach on bank holidays in all weather, and it's usually pretty busy.

I ended up going to the coast yesterday, but was ready to turn back if it was a chud cattle market. I was pleasantly surprised:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mayor Dave posted:

I read a theory about the 1918 age disparity and the author posited that a much weaker version had circulated sometime in the 1800s and granted immunity to the survivors against the Spanish flu

thats neat, i figured the close quarters and lovely war hospitals explained everthing

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

poty posted:

I'm sure the flu killing 1918 fewer Spanish people  is not at all on purpose

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bip Roberts posted:

The only Scottish beach in history in the one scarjo went to and left the baby to cry

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fits my needs posted:

lmao source your quotes please

They are serious and go to the gym.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

They are serious and go to the gym.

hahahaha that’s a good one

here’s a sourced quote

Panfilo posted:

Had to calm my mom down this morning, she had an argument with my younger brother on the phone and had gotten really upset at how blase he is about sheltering in place. He lives up in Shasta County, and had recently boasted about how they had a Rodeo with 3000 people and nobody got sick. He thinks the whole pandemic is a big hoax and is really smug about how he's going to have fun at Lake Shasta while all the Bay Area people stay at home terrified of their own shadow.

He has his weird hate on for the Bay area even though he grew up here, and always has to dig for some excuse for why it sucks and why it's awesome where he lives - better air quality, no traffic, thinks people are 'nicer', and so on. So of course in the midst of the pandemic he's been using it as a further excuse why he chose to live where he does.

In spite of being in decent shape (eats well, has a job that keeps him very physically active) he's got asthma and abnormally high blood pressure. His young son also seems to have a chronic case of croup as well so I worry if they get Rona it could be unusually bad for their age groups as a result. I worry for him but it's just so stressful watching how careless some people are. At the same time, they have gotten very few cases where he lives so I don't know how big of an impact it's really going to have on their community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

galenanorth posted:

Their reopening metrics like they started out at "continual decline" and they decided to round "holding steady" toward decline and call it close enough. Their website used to say

Goal: Less Than 1.0 Transmission Rate
Current: 0.95-1.05

or something like that, but they removed it and changed it to "Below 1.0", I'm guessing that was because that range was a 95% range of uncertainty, and they want to use the average and be 50% certain rather than being 95% certain by using the upper end. The other metrics are like "25% of hospital floor bed capacity available" and right next to them there's "26% of hospital floor bed capacity available"

https://www.asafenashville.org/roadmap-for-reopening-nashville/

This one time when I was early voting, the central bus station was being renovated and they changed the stops in a way not reflected by the schedule, so I just walked downtown through all the foot-traffic to the bus station instead. It was kind of fun because I stopped and decided to lean by the back alley wall of a bar playing blues or something and listen to it for a minute before continuing on

I hope Vandy still has their parking garage COVID ward set up

https://twitter.com/thepoeticgopher/status/1241132205105168389