Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Will the United States be able to suppress the numbers in order for the 100,000 death threshold to not be crossed on Memorial Day??? Whoops!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Swaegsthetics posted:

wouldn't be surprised if someday as military research stagnates from grift, incompetence, and the ongoing stalling of basic science, they open up tours of area 51 to show off decrepit hangars and neglected prototypes in a "look, here is where we used to work on so much cool stuff during the cold war but look at it now WE NEEEED MOOREEE MONNEEYYY"

It extends further than just cold cash. Earlier this year, British scientists announced a new development (I forgot which one) through their studies of Stem Cell research. Somebody said that the USA probably would have discovered that if Bush in the 00's didn't ban stem cell research.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

anyone have that video from a couple months back of the kid sitting at the table talking with his family and then it gets all sixth sense?

Scary! Too
Apr 10, 2020

Brap

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1264035521057050624

The guy working from home is urging people to get exposed

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bill maher thinks vegetables make you immune to coronavirus

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

PS thank you snoo for the jammy egg tip

OH NO WHAT IS THE JAMMY EGG TIP

Scary! Too
Apr 10, 2020

Brap

The only celebrity that should be allowed on twitter should be Sam Neil

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Oh great California just said you can shop inside all retail stores.

Edit:
Subject to county orders.

Orange County opened restaurant dining rooms this weekend and they're definitely doing retail the moment they can, I'm just glad so many office workers are still teleworking so traffic isn't bad yet. I'm just mad my company is run by chuds who are demanding everyone go back to the office to own the libs.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I don't know how racism works in America, but to an outsider the term African-American comes across as incredibly racist. Like why would you need to mention, in a roundabout way, the skin colour of the person supposedly threatening you are freedoms?

Like I'm here in Ireland and going about my business. If an Asian person called me out for not sticking to the rules should I report them to the pigs as an offender of Asian-Irish descent?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

happy memorial day

https://twitter.com/yoavgonen/status/1264977130447831043

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

BMX Ninja posted:

I don't know how racism works in America, but to an outsider the term African-American comes across as incredibly racist. Like why would you need to mention, in a roundabout way, the skin colour of the person supposedly threatening you are freedoms?

Like I'm here in Ireland and going about my business. If an Asian person called me out for not sticking to the rules should I report them to the pigs as an offender of Asian-Irish descent?

The term itself is not typically offensive, but the use of it here is very clearly racist and an attempt to get the guy shot.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BMX Ninja posted:

She's using coded language to say if I call the cops they will murder you because you're black and I'm white so do what I say. And when she called them she had a panic attack at the thought of them not instantly rushing to her side to kill this guy

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

BMX Ninja posted:

You think it's racist now, wait until you realize that their only saying that exact phrase because they expect the police to be the universal lynch squad, and that in some states, that would've worked.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

literally attempted murder by cop so she can break leash laws gently caress

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

"I'll call the police and tell them an African American is [...]" is straight-up a thinly-veiled death threat

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

she knew exactly what she was doing too, this is the worst karening I've seen in recent memory

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

"I'll call the police and tell them an African American is [...]" is straight-up a thinly-veiled death threat

lol it's not thinly veiled wtf

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Google Butt posted:

it's the thinnest of veils only because she stops short of saying "and I hope they shoot you" but we all know what she wanted to happen

like the fact that someone in this thread had to ask why it seemed racist to them is why there was a modicum of obfuscation, and she probably had an idea that there was a slim amount of plausible deniability when she phrased it

BattleMaster has issued a correction as of 01:09 on May 26, 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

kater posted:

you jammy the egg up your butt

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

kater posted:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

you jammy the egg up your butt

for real tho it's "bon appétit jammy eggs" but I did mine a minute longer, thank u

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

also lmao at all the whites in that thread complaining more about the dog getting choked than the attempted murder of a black man

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

BattleMaster posted:

Near the beginning she straight up promised him she would lie to them and say that he was threatening her life. She knew what she was doing

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Google Butt posted:

literally attempted murder by cop so she can break leash laws gently caress

The leash thing was incidental. She was trying to murder the guy for an EWB. Existing while black.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

mastershakeman posted:

She's using coded language to say if I call the cops they will murder you because you're black and I'm white so do what I say. And when she called them she had a panic attack at the thought of them not instantly rushing to her side to kill this guy

there's also a very specific history in the united states of white women weaponizing their perceived status of feebleness to threaten Black men in order to control situations where they are not being threatened, but rather inconvenienced

The woman who got Emmett Till murdered is a good example, especially by admitting on her deathbed that she made up the entire wolf-whistle incident

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I discovered there's something called a 'Brookie' so I made one with butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips, it's pretty amazing. I'm going into a sugar coma now, tks

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/238654/brookies-brownie-cookies/

P.S.
https://twitter.com/Rai_za_/status/1264620651127734273

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Google Butt posted:

if this isn't the most blatant "i am going to use my power to have you murdered" threat i don't know what is

https://twitter.com/MamoudouNDiaye/status/1265026236717424647

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

ricecult posted:

The term itself is not typically offensive, but the use of it here is very clearly racist and an attempt to get the guy shot.

Rich white people are loving disgusting

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

err posted:

white people are loving disgusting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Classism, racism, and animal abuse all in one package. :waycool:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I mean randomly recording someone at the park is really weird behavior too. She's bad but that dude was 100% looking to post this on the internet for internet points

Unless I missed something

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oxsnard posted:

I mean randomly recording someone at the park is really weird behavior too. She's bad but that dude was 100% looking to post this on the internet for internet points

nah, being a Black person is America is a great reason to record a lot of your interactions tbqh

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

oxsnard posted:

he was bird watching in a no unleashed dogs area

the lady had an unleashed dog so he asked her to leash it, then she flipped out and he started recording

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I would also record white people, if white people could kill me with a loving phone call.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cash crab posted:

nah, being a Black person is America is a great reason to record a lot of your interactions tbqh

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

hmmm yeah why would a black guy feel like he might need to film an interaction with that type of woman? hmmmm nope can't think of anything.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

oxsnard posted:

Unless he was afraid that she would react exactly as she did, and if the police were called it would be his word against her's

It's not real difficult to parse why he may want evidence

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

keep your dog on a leash.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Rah! posted:

he was bird watching in a no unleashed dogs area

the lady had an unleashed dog so he asked her to leash it, then she flipped out and he started recording

Yeah I guess that's true. I mean her response was very bad and gross

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

hmmm yeah why would a black guy feel like he might need to film an interaction with that type of woman? hmmmm nope can't think of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oxsnard posted:

there are probably two dozen of these types of interactions that happen for every one that *does* get recorded

you're making assumptions without accounting for the filter