Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Outrail posted:

JFC. Stop telling people the truth you idiots! Lying is how we get poo poo done, just keep lying ffs.

Options not to tell Dad about Ninhursag beat out the option to tell dad about ninhursag so we're telling him about Nihursag?

A. Because now we have to do some stupid hamfisted damage control and get nothing.

By raw totals A won the vote, to tell him and try to get a deal. But when you combine the losing options that included "don't try to get a deal, just tell him about it" those numbers exceeded A. Vote counting is hard and I don't envy Diog trying to intuit the will of Council of the Squirrels.

Diog, is Tudiya's heartbeat changing at all, or his breathing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Outrail posted:

Options not to tell Dad about Ninhursag beat out the option to tell dad about ninhursag so we're telling him about Nihursag?

Option A still beat any other option on its own and the other options did not otherwise have a unifying characteristic.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Olothreutes posted:

By raw totals A won the vote, to tell him and try to get a deal. But when you combine the losing options that included "don't try to get a deal, just tell him about it" those numbers exceeded A. Vote counting is hard and I don't envy Diog trying to intuit the will of Council of the Squirrels.

Diog, is Tudiya's heartbeat changing at all, or his breathing?
His heart rate has increased slightly.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Outrail posted:

JFC. Stop telling people the truth you idiots! Lying is how we get poo poo done, just keep lying ffs.

A. Because now we have to do some stupid hamfisted damage control and get nothing.

The overwhelming majority of votes were either "tell him about Ninhursag and make the case that we should trade with them" or "tell him about Ninhursag but don't make the case to trade with them" so it seems fair to me? The options to not tell him anything were a solid minority by my back of the envelope count.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
A

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A

Yeah, whatever. This is another of Diog's "do you want to put your dick in a blender?" warnings. Tudiya sucks, but pushing for trade when we can tell he won't go for it will not make him suck less.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The first take away from Badad is that they really want blue stones super bad, but they're willing to pay with the same fabulous-sounding thing for a relatively huger amount of uranium. Therefore a big amount of uranium is as valuable as a blue stone. If we happened to find a big amount of uranium, we've essentially found a blue stone. Actually using it is as mysterious to us personally as using a blue stone would be, however. I am absolutely completely convinced that uranium is able to be somehow converted into a stone by a process of concentrating it, or it can be used in a similar way to blue stones in at least some use cases, provided you have a shitload.

The next thing is while Badad as it is when we went doesn't appear to match the old tales, it also doesn't necessarily conflict in any way. They're obvious extreme weirdos but if you look at literally any city of men they all follow in the footsteps of the founder: Baitel is the apex of all arts and knowledge because that's where Labaras came down from. Zepath still follows Zepa's style. All Great Cities do this. From the top to the shittiest donut city this follows. It's entirely consistent that Badad has gone completely fuckin nuts about the whole "we got plagued, we're not getting plagued again, gently caress this, gently caress everybody forever, everybody's a filthy slob except us, we aren't even going to talk normally to anybody, gently caress off. Ok maybe blue stones otherwise gently caress off, gently caress everyone forever, for serious."

Also iirc the route from the edge of the salt to the oasis is in alignment with Mount Har, that doesn't mean nothing. I don't know what it means but it's a thing.

A

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
A

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

B

Victis fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 26, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
A

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A.

:wtc:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I want to tell you "I told you so" so I am going to do that

I Told You So

Wrong voters... :colbert:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Can we get a freebie and ask him if he thinks they are a threat to zepath?

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
A

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
A

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A - Pull up, Enkidel! Pull up!
Legit though, emphasize the fact that through this encounter, we have learned of the existence of other stones, and that can only be a boon since now we know to keep an eye out for them.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A, time to cut bait. I don't think we made a mistake telling Tudiya about Badad--- it seems like something worth keeping him appraised about if he didn't know it already--- but any plans to trade with them will have to wait another hundred years or so.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 26, 2020

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It was a huge crapshoot anyway. Even if signed off on it’d be a massive undertaking.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

A although that's a forgone conclusion at this point

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
hmmmm.... After much consideration I think... A

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I'm feeling contrarian today. B

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
A

JT Jag posted:

A, time to cut bait. I don't think we made a mistake telling Tudiya about Badad--- it seems like something worth keeping him appraised about if he didn't know it already--- but any plans to trade with them will have to wait another hundred years or so.

i mean i originally voted for "tell him all about it, mention the offer, let him do all the deciding" with a heavy garnish of "you might have more information on this sort of business than we do"

and now that we've had the realization that this might even earn us dadpoints for the intel on the bluestone stuff, all the better

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy
I say we vote A and then still investigate the ore for our personal use at the very least. If we happen to stockpile a bunch down the road I guess we see what happens.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah, whatever. This is another of Diog's "do you want to put your dick in a blender?" warnings. Tudiya sucks, but pushing for trade when we can tell he won't go for it will not make him suck less.

There could be anything in that blender. There could even be another dick!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
A

Someone please post the SwedishThaumaturgy drawing of us explaining the merits of adopting OC

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

A

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

A

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
A

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Tsyni posted:

I say we vote A and then still investigate the ore for our personal use at the very least. If we happen to stockpile a bunch down the road I guess we see what happens.

EXACTLY

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Just gonna go ahead and say that it's really loving weird that Tudyia is so pissed off at hearing about this.

We didn't trade with them.
We haven't advocated trading with them.
We didn't even help them in any way.
We found out what they are interested in and hosed off with the info.

That's what we did.

Tudiya on the other hand he found that one day El had put wanderlust in his heart. So he rounded up the bulk of the mighty men and marched off into the cannibal infested jungle to a village ON THE BEACH. YOU KNOW THE BEACH WITH THE OCEAN NEXT TO IT
He met Shushem and tried some friendly talk and then handed the cannibal demon priest a jug of wine as a token of friendship or something.

I just can't seem to think of a reason for him to be pissed at us for telling him about the Badad/Ninurshag thing. The only reason i can think of is that Zepathans are so xenophobic that us just entertaining the possibility of communicating with an alien people should be punishable, and that we should instead have punched the self writing block of stone immediately. That's just not a good reason even for him.

Basscop fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 26, 2020

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

He's disturbed we just casually tripped over one of Ur's deepest darkest secrets while out loving around on a gap year, probably. And that's not bringing up the multiple other deep dark secrets we accidentally tripped over.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Basscop posted:

Just gonna go ahead and say that it's really loving weird that Tudyia is so pissed off at hearing about this.

We didn't trade with them.
We haven't advocated trading with them.
We didn't even help them in any way.
We found out what they are interested in and hosed off with the info.

That's what we did.

Tudiya on the other hand he found that one day El had put wanderlust in his heart. So he rounded up the bulk of the mighty men and marched off into the cannibal infested jungle to a village ON THE BEACH. YOU KNOW THE BEACH WITH THE OCEAN NEXT TO IT
He met Shushem and tried some friendly talk and then handed the cannibal demon priest a jug of wine as a token of friendship or something.

I just can't seem to think of a reason for him to be pissed at us for telling him about the Badad/Ninurshag thing. The only reason i can think of is that Zepathans are so xenophobic that us just entertaining the possibility of communicating with an alien people should be punishable, and that we should instead have punched the self writing block of stone immediately. That's just not a good reason even for him.

I think the most likely explanation is that what Tudiya's seen and experienced since then has changed him. Maybe it hasn't hardened his heart, but I think it has made him a lot more wary about taking risks and doing things that he considers out of the ordinary. I guess it's good that he found us when he did, right? :v: I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't want to be too hard on him. I think he's just shocked is all.

As such, I am Voting for A. Let's take a year to see what we can smith and do and then bring it up again, maybe.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Literally everything surrounding Tudiya's inexplicable exploration/trading trip through the cannibal infested wilderness to the loving ocean is incredibly suspicious. The King and all his Mighty Men, plus his 5 year old son and Ishamal, set off on a lark with a caravan full of trade goods to make peaceful contact with whoever's in the deep southern wilds (next to the loving ocean)? Yeah right, and I've got a bridge in Dor to sell you.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Why even take DANAL to that trip? Seriously? I guess the alternative was Samson or Zigzag babysitting him, good for Danal that didn't happen.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Looking back, Tudiya trying to dance the dance of friendship the high priest of asherah was amazing.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Voting that we go with the original plan and push to start trading. Then follow up by asking if maybe we should send an envoy to the mountains of Fare to see if we can get a peace deal, or maybe some sort of trade agreement with them too?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

A

Hopefully we won't lose the samples when Tudiya finishes flipping out. Would like to still try to track down the materials and see if we can ever put them to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A. It's a lead.