Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
New end goal for ergonomic keyboards, this just needs the kinesis bowls

https://mobile.twitter.com/hubertlepicki/status/1235206240785100808

https://twitter.com/hubertlepicki/status/1235580264513974272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its like a lovely bootleg datahand

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

keys akimbo

e: also talking to the dude on twitter he has mad crazy RSI so this actually lets him computer without pain

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 22, 2020

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

keys akimbo

e: also talking to the dude on twitter he has mad crazy RSI so this actually lets him computer without pain

:gbsmith: extreme love to anyone who solves RSI problems that poo poo hurts so bad and is so frustrating

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I got rsi from playing warframe

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
After spilling some tea on the velocifire vm01, took it apart and de-watered it with wd40. Switches became so smooth and the touch and feel of the keyboard is so different. Long keys like spacebar and shifts still clack metallically though, is there a proper way to grease switches and supporting mechanisms?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes theres all manner of artisanal switch lubes of varying viscosity (not a joke)

mewse
May 2, 2006

AntherUslessPoster posted:

After spilling some tea on the velocifire vm01, took it apart and de-watered it with wd40. Switches became so smooth and the touch and feel of the keyboard is so different. Long keys like spacebar and shifts still clack metallically though, is there a proper way to grease switches and supporting mechanisms?

Regular oil isn't safe for plastics but if you get some synthetic oil or grease you can lube the plastic stabilizer parts where they interact with the wire, that will usually calm the rattle

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
calm the rattle, spoil the fingers

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

yes theres all manner of artisanal switch lubes of varying viscosity (not a joke)

hit me with more op

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Clearly a psychopath. Never use the mouse and have an un-policed cable just dangling from the freaking mic stand. :barf:

Also walking away to grab a cup of coffee and dragging my computer off the table because I forgot to unplug the USB cord.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Man Machine, pseudo human being
Man Machine, super human being

The Man, Machine...

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It is either this or my XBOX 360 controller.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

mike12345 posted:

My IBM model M arrived, it's pretty cool

the guy who refurbished it integrated a custom-built controller, so you can program every key plus there's bluetooth

still need to decide what the key in the middle is supposed to trigger

getting used to the down arrow in a new position will probably gently caress me when switching keyboards - otoh I don't like changing it

Hell yeah! That’s exactly what I used at work before swapping with a similar Model F

Which, I regret not bringing home to use during quarantine. Takes a bit to wrap your brain around the different key locations, but it’s glorious when you do. In some ways it’s worse than blank keycaps because of bunch of them are outright wrong for what I’ve mapped it to.

Question for the thread... anyone making modern beamspring keyboards? Want to try the switches, but not keen on spending several thousand for one on fleabay...

Saw Kono is apparently releasing one here shortly, was curious if anyone else had any opinions on it:

https://kono.store/blogs/keyboards/silo-beam

mewse
May 2, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

Hell yeah! That’s exactly what I used at work before swapping with a similar Model F

Which, I regret not bringing home to use during quarantine. Takes a bit to wrap your brain around the different key locations, but it’s glorious when you do. In some ways it’s worse than blank keycaps because of bunch of them are outright wrong for what I’ve mapped it to.

Question for the thread... anyone making modern beamspring keyboards? Want to try the switches, but not keen on spending several thousand for one on fleabay...

Saw Kono is apparently releasing one here shortly, was curious if anyone else had any opinions on it:

https://kono.store/blogs/keyboards/silo-beam

The kono keystone is the only beam spring keyboard I know about right now and they're in kickstarter production hell. Like check the kickstarter page for their estimated shipping dates that they've blown through. With the plague now they might not ship for another year

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ewiley posted:

Clearly a psychopath. Never use the mouse and have an un-policed cable just dangling from the freaking mic stand. :barf:

Also walking away to grab a cup of coffee and dragging my computer off the table because I forgot to unplug the USB cord.

are there wireless keyboards with n-key rollover?

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

does anyone have any experience with ASETNIOP keyboards? they look extremely stupid and I love them. I can't help but imagine that a Ginny Heavy would in some way improve my life, but I'm not sure precisely how

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I want to try one, maybe I should 3d print one

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
does anybody in the pos have experience with ortholinear keyboards? been thinking about trying one and the planck is currently available.

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

finally gave in to the siren call of topre

i dont know why it looks dusty i just unboxed it 30 minutes ago

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

:confused: for the second time in the last 2-3 weeks my ergodox infinity locked up, and i had to unplug / replug it. anyone have this happen & know how to debug it? I guess it's some qmk problem, i guess i could rebase and pull whatever new changes they've had in the last two months since i did that

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Elos posted:

finally gave in to the siren call of topre

i dont know why it looks dusty i just unboxed it 30 minutes ago

excellent choice except for the giant enter key

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

larper posted:

well that's just how nordic keyboards are laid out, can't do much about that.

you can pry my ÖÄÅ from my cold dead hands

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Did another one

https://imgur.com/gallery/tSPPSKw

Up until now all my cases have been 3d printed and as much as they are pretty cool, a real case is pretty drat nice.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

larper posted:

we have those giant enter keys on french keyboards and its very satisfying to mash that giant key at the end of each line

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Elos posted:

well that's just how nordic keyboards are laid out, can't do much about that.

you can pry my ÖÄÅ from my cold dead hands

I've got the R2 45G in ivory and was wondering what the typing on that model is like compared to a hhkb. Hate to say it but I sort of enjoy the key feel and sound of my hhkb pro 2 more

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Zlodo posted:

we have those giant enter keys on french keyboards and its very satisfying to mash that giant key at the end of each line

Raluek posted:

this is what you look like to normal ansi keyboard users

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Unsure about the negative space on this keyboard design I printed

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Zlodo posted:

if you have to write a line of code iso keyboards are horrible

double gently caress azerty / qwertz layouts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fib posted:

Unsure about the negative space on this keyboard design I printed

lol

Penguissimo