Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K9
May 6, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

I'm considering head enhancement surgery to turn mine into a flawless sphere, the most perfect, beautiful and normal of head shapes.

be the orb you want to see in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'll find out tomorrow if my furlough is finished at the end of the month or not. Fuckin hope not.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I didn't really mind working in the lab when there were one or two people in there but now it's going to be full all the time, and like I've been saying these people are loving morons

it's weirdly liberating having it fully out in the open that nobody gives a gently caress about people's well being when there's money involved

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/tom_usher_/status/1265282897394708482

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

if you don't get at least 22 hours of darkness you're a southerner. I am not doing a bit, this is a thing I genuinely believe

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

So is the thread title going to be updated to Dominic Stayings?

Dominic 'Stains

K9
May 6, 2007

Chubby Henparty posted:

Dominic 'Stains

those joggers look pretty nasty

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CoolCab posted:

if you don't get at least 22 hours of darkness you're a southerner. I am not doing a bit, this is a thing I genuinely believe

I move like 20 miles south and suddenly everyone around me is a loving Tory. I dare not even approach the border.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

CoolCab posted:

At this time of year that makes everyone north of Antarctica a southerner.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I'm dreading the end of my furlough tbh, my job is such a barrel of triggers for me. I just hope I get some notice and not "right back to it today please" except without the please probably

Also I'm a big old baldy with a weird head, there's a weird little hillock at the back of my noggin which I guess must be where it stores the anxiety or something

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
No new Covid deaths reported in NI or in the Republic today.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'm back on Monday but thankfully none of my useless colleagues will be back and I get to set my own hours for the time being. So I'll be "working from home" at least 3 days a week.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

At this time of year that makes everyone north of Antarctica a southerner.

We don't make the rules.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Head shaming:

there were a whole pile of bald blokes on twitter last night apologizing on behalf of slapheads everywhere (their words) for the behaviour of Cummings and how a whole section of society should not be held responsible for the actions of one man. It was quite funny. I can't find it now.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Camrath posted:

Oh, and Digby is once again showing off the fact that his spine is basically liquid.

Hey orange fluffy Catte with no spine buddy! I too have one of those, they're a treat:

That's Rysja and she's a Siberian Manx with no tail! Watching her run down the stairs ahead of me in the morning is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Glad yours are doing better, we have another sick kitty at the moment with crystals in the bladder that can't be shifted after trying everything from the vet so we're having to go get ultrasounds done looking for other issues so I sympathise!

Would have bought fudge but house of diabetics and it would possibly murder my partner, if you get any erythritol or other sugar alcohol ones going let us know and we'll be the first to queue up!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Chubby Henparty posted:

Dominic 'Stains
Dominic's Leavings

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
This genuinely made me LOL in the literalest sense of the word:

https://twitter.com/stevie128k/status/1265237696756232192

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Chubby Henparty posted:

Dominic 'Stains

:barf:

^^ that actually looks rather fun. Reminds me of when I got really drunk and played GTA to see if i was any good drunk driving (i was not)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1265296371541778432

Half the country just have poison for brains.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah obviously.
People get more tory in a crisis not less and there's now no opposition

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah obviously.
People get more tory in a crisis not less and there's now no opposition

Genuinely funny to me that the people loudly calling for the army to shoot those breaking lockdown without paperwork in the streets are also usually the ones breaking lockdown for trivial garbage.

K9
May 6, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

Genuinely funny to me that the people loudly calling for the army to shoot those breaking lockdown without paperwork in the streets are also usually the ones breaking lockdown for trivial garbage.

Hypocrisy is the sweetest vice imo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I had a conspiratorial thought in the shower this morning that maybe UK democracy been a sham for ages, and that the intelligence services have forever been in control of who does and doesn't get elected as part of an overall "interests of the nation" agenda and that they deliberately keep a stranglehold on the press to ensure people vote the 'right' way, and that they only let labour get in occasionally because otherwise it would be too obvious, but otherwise don't give a poo poo about democracy because the only thing that matters is britain's power in the world. Would make a good 'conspiracy-unravelling' film but the premise is slightly flawed by the fact that britain's power is in the toilet exactly because of the last 15 years of tory idiots

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

If labour had a decent leader they would be 20 points ahead in the polls etc etc

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm the 1 in 20 people who don't know what a keir starmer is.

https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1265298795484655617

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

OwlFancier posted:

I'm the 1 in 20 people who don't know what a keir starmer is.

https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1265298795484655617

The favourable/unfavorable split for Boris Johnson seems ridiculously out of whack with the you gov poll from earlier today.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

I had a conspiratorial thought in the shower this morning that maybe UK democracy been a sham for ages, and that the intelligence services have forever been in control of who does and doesn't get elected as part of an overall "interests of the nation" agenda and that they deliberately keep a stranglehold on the press to ensure people vote the 'right' way, and that they only let labour get in occasionally because otherwise it would be too obvious, but otherwise don't give a poo poo about democracy because the only thing that matters is britain's power in the world. Would make a good 'conspiracy-unravelling' film but the premise is slightly flawed by the fact that britain's power is in the toilet exactly because of the last 15 years of tory idiots
That and the security services can't even stop their own assets blowing up kids, and from what information is publicly available are not exactly the sharpest bunch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7vFG4XfmU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm not having any fuckin' polls in this thread again, we had enough of that poo poo in December and it was soul destroying.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

They don't care so specifically about parties but yeah they do security checks on rising political figures which would almost certainly include funnelling information to relevant figures higher in the party (who had already passed those checks) if they find anything like 'questionable' activity for the sake of 'national security'.

However they are also frequently very bad at their jobs so it's not a complete lock.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Love that they're now muting journalists who ask Cummings related questions (which is almost all of them) to prevent any follow up.

Hancock's even trotting out the 'reasonable people may disagree' line. Love when all of the talking points and agreed responses fit on a piece of A5 paper.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Loonytoad Quack posted:

This genuinely made me LOL in the literalest sense of the word:

https://twitter.com/stevie128k/status/1265237696756232192

:shittypop: now that is good

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This was the problem with Mr. Robot.

Seasons 1 and 2 were all about how a shadowy cabal of the worlds elite had complete control of the world and had everything planned out.

Then in season 3 they had the main character basically say “poo poo Trump and Brexit prove that there is no master plan. No wait, it’s all part of their plan. Yeah, I got to stop it.”

Like it tried to ignore what was happening in the real world by keeping everything in 2015/16, but it was obvious that the show was dancing around the elephants in the room.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

in to work tomorrow with the other union reps to start digging through the poo poo mountain that is 30% compulsory staff redundancies :smith:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
They've just announced a review of all fines due to childcare

This country is absolutely mental

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol matt Hancock has just confirmed in the briefing that the government are going to review fines given to other people for breaking lockdown for child care reasons.

E:fb

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/TommyCorbyn/status/1265240535675133952

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
This is going to end the lockdown, then Cummings will smugly claim it was all 5D chess by his giant brain to get the scared chattel back out in the fields.

Then 500,000 people will die of rona and they’ll talk about them as the glorious dead.

Gove elected with landslide.

We definitely need a way to innoculate kids against post-truth poo poo for when despite clear incompetence and a massive death toll, the baddies come out of this proclaiming themselves the bigly winners.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kids are already doing a much better job at seeing through it than the old are.

Also strictly the death toll I think is more likely to top out around 300 000 in the immediate term because once about 50% of people have been infected that's likely to reduce the chance of a viable host enough to push the infectivity below 1 even without distancing.

So you know, swings and roundabouts.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1265326664696856585?s=19

That's the most right wing one on the ballot, Starmer voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1265328468067311616?s=19

Lmaooo