Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says Matt Riddle's getting called up to the main roster soon :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I can see Riddle just getting fed up super loving early and peacing out not giving two fucks considering that he became known in the indie circuit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

How long we give it until he's getting pinned by Corbin?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

MJeff posted:

How long we give it until he's getting pinned by Corbin?

He was pinned by him at Survivor Series.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

How long before he's feuding with Zigglar

How long before he's inexplicably in a zero chemistry stable with Corbin

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

How long until he gets ring gear with question marks all over it and starts doing brainteasers before his matches?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

let's see i'll take uhhh one feud with Ziggler, a feud with King Corbin, a heel turn and feud with *checks notes* Tucker and uhhh a mixed tag team with Naomi (the bro and glow connection) followed by a needless six-month injury

edit: "he calls that one the riddler"

"QUESTION MARK! vintage"

"and yeah I'm going to beat you at summerslam and that's not riddle...that's a spoiler"

also drop the first name just call him riddle

Destroy My Sweater fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 26, 2020

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I hope they change his name to Ratthew Middle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Me in the Raw thread

Chris James 2 posted:

Kairi got hurt in a match with Nia at the tapings, per Fightful

Specific details

Fightful posted:

On day two of the WWE tapings, Fightful Select learned that an injury went down about an hour into the Raw portion of the tapings. In a match with Nia Jax and Kairi Sane, Kairi sustained a cut to her head outside of the ring. The spot occurred outside near the stairs when Kairi was thrown and her head hit the corner of the stairs, opening her up. The match was paused and medical came out to take care of Kairi Sane, sealing the wound and bandaging her up. We were told that Kairi indicated that she was fine, and insisted on finishing up the match. WWE would resume the match, which will have to be edited. Pretty quickly, Nia and Kairi Sane went to the finish.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Kairi and Nia are the worst two people to put in a match together since Kairi seems to always get injured in their matches.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Kairi and Nia are the worst two people to put in a match together since Kairi seems to always get injured in their matches.

"Your contract's coming up this year, huh?"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
nia injures pretty much everyone she has a match with, she's concussed bayley at least twice as well

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Becky Lynch walks into Raw Creative Meeting

See "Becky vs Nia 3 month program, lead to Hell in a Cell" on the wall

"Interesting" murmurs Becky while crushing her birth control inside her satchel.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/unbswrestling/status/1265362183334084610?s=21

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Kairi hurt? In a match against Nia? No way. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every time they book Kairi vs Nia I become a little more sure she's leaving.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
How long did that Nia/Ambrose feud last?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Kairi gets hurt against Nia, who hurts everyone, and Charlotte who had to get her poo poo in.

Nia loving sucks. Get rid of her.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Asuka's had a few matches with her and unbelievably hasn't gotten hurt, I think.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

OctoberCountry posted:

How long did that Nia/Ambrose feud last?

they dropped it straight away once fans knew what was going on. This also led to EC3's end as he was facing Ambrose on house shows and Ambrose was getting cheered.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People didn't want to boo Ambrose in general since he came back as a big face

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if he got booed at all during his Bane cosplay heel run but when it came out that he was leaving everybody was on his side because how could you not be.

Until he did some shoots and a bunch of people decided he was a bitter baby who couldn't make it in the big leagues anyway.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

MJeff posted:

I dunno if he got booed at all during his Bane cosplay heel run but when it came out that he was leaving everybody was on his side because how could you not be.

Until he did some shoots and a bunch of people decided he was a bitter baby who couldn't make it in the big leagues anyway.
he was just a BABY who wrestled more matches from 2015 until he got injured in 2018 than anyone else in the company and he belongs in that jacksonville BINGO HALL

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Just couldn't HACK IT and is now living the easy life of flying back and forth between Las Vegas, Jacksonville, and occasionally Tokyo multiple times a month

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Fire Nia Jax

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Neodoomium posted:

Just couldn't HACK IT and is now living the easy life of flying back and forth between Las Vegas, Jacksonville, and occasionally Tokyo multiple times a month

Don't forget that he's taking food off of Seth Rollins' table, which is even more egregious since Seth is about to have a kid! Will poor Seth have to give the kid up for adoption?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Even at the end, people still wanted to cheer Ambrose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuB5z_nFQ-Q&t=150s

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Man, HHH in this video sours me on it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In addition to Riddle, they're calling up Dijakovic apparently https://wrestletalk.com/news/identity-of-next-nxt-star-receiving-main-roster-call-up-revealed-exclusive/

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
"Our sources have told us that along with Matt Riddle, Dominik Dijakovic will be heading to either Raw or SmackDown in the coming weeks. While his brand is not known, the plan as of right now is to move him on from NXT in the near future.

Dijakovic’s last NXT match came on the 04/29 episode of NXT TV where he was defeated by Johnny Gargano. While it was not clear at the time, it seems as if this will be Dijakovic’s final NXT match, at least for the foreseeable future. The current belief is that Dijak has done all that there is for him to do in NXT."

Did Dijakovic do anything in NXT that was notable other than feud with Keith Lee? Those were the only matches of his I enjoyed, and I don't know if it's more of it being a Keith Lee match rather than a good Dijakovic match.

Well, at least the empty arenas mean that he'll get the crowd reaction they want

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dijakovic is a good hoss that can do flippy moves. If used right he can have some good matches, but I won't hold my breath for that on the main roster.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i thought nxt was it's own brand, why are they calling peopl- why am i asking it's wwe

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It was its own brand until it consistently failed against AEW in the ratings. Now it's back to losers who get to feud with dolph ziggler.

Though to be honest I think Riddle and Dominik might do fine.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

How the gently caress the Dijak get called up before Keith Lee. That man is a total package who they’ve featured on two separate big 4 main roster PPVs to huge acclaim. He could easily carry the Smackdown brand until Roman returns, which would be the perfect time for a Roman heel turn and feud.

The only thing I could think of is holding him back until they have an audience to pop, but that’s too logical for WWE.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dacap posted:

How the gently caress the Dijak get called up before Keith Lee. That man is a total package who they’ve featured on two separate big 4 main roster PPVs to huge acclaim. He could easily carry the Smackdown brand until Roman returns, which would be the perfect time for a Roman heel turn and feud.

The only thing I could think of is holding him back until they have an audience to pop, but that’s too logical for WWE.

They need him to carry NXT.

Also Roman should never turn heel and never will, there was a time when it could have worked but that time is no longer.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

6' 7'' is taller than 6' 2''

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
riddle will probably fill the d-bry role of guy who does whatever is required of him and somehow gets it over despite all laws of god and man

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Eat My Fuc posted:

They need him to carry NXT.

Imagine having the best roster ever in pro wrestling to put together a solid group of 50 people that could create some must see TV. But you have to split them up among 5 different brands because they all need some sort of start or else nobody would watch them.

Remember when it was the Raw Supershow, and Raw was like the best of Raw and Smackdown stars. And then for some reason Smackdown was still separated and completely skippable? That was the last time I remember enjoying Raw.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gonna be funny when Riddle keeps getting squashed because he always seems to piss off the older boys in the back.

By funny, I mean depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Astro7x posted:

Imagine having the best roster ever in pro wrestling to put together a solid group of 50 people that could create some must see TV. But you have to split them up among 5 different brands because they all need some sort of start or else nobody would watch them.

Remember when it was the Raw Supershow, and Raw was like the best of Raw and Smackdown stars. And then for some reason Smackdown was still separated and completely skippable? That was the last time I remember enjoying Raw.
I remember the name "RAW Supershow" being the first time I took an active notice in how sterile and uninspired their branding had become.