Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

MH Knights posted:

So Craglorn. Do the two group quests, The Corrupted Stone and The Shattered and the Lost require four players or can a single somewhat decent-ish play solo them? It seems like trying to get a group together for those quests or any of the group content in Craglorn could be difficult.

It should be soloable (I did), but you may need maybe gear (not endgame) and know how to dps on your class. Should be easy to get groups too tbh, Craglorn hub is almost always busy (or was when I was playing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Could I get an invite? I've had my shots, I promise.

@DoonBackfighter

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Launcher wants me to download the entire game AGAIN? Is this a new so-called performance update? :wtf:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SplitSoul posted:

Launcher wants me to download the entire game AGAIN? Is this a new so-called performance update? :wtf:

Came out like a month ago. It doesn’t help at all.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

GreenNight posted:

Came out like a month ago. It doesn’t help at all.

I'm aware, I just phrased it poorly. Is this another performance update or did their patcher gently caress up spectacularly?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I didn't get a new download when I logged in yesterday but haven't tried today.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Its greymoor release day on PC.

Speaking of, ZOS hosed it up yet again by giving everyone access to the greymoor chapter whether or not they paid for it, so the servers are down yet again while they figure that out :laffo:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

are the blues and purples you steal worth selling in guild shops or should you just fence them?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ASenileAnimal posted:

are the blues and purples you steal worth selling in guild shops or should you just fence them?
Blue/purple what?
Stolen loot stuff is just stolen loot, it's account bound and serves no purpose other than to be sold to the fence (and used for a couple of thieve's guild quests, but don't use the expensive stuff for that).
Recipies, yeah some of them can be worth laundering and selling to real people.
Weapons/armor, I've never gotten anything that would seem like someone would buy from stealing.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

stuck on the loading screen, but whatevs

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

mike12345 posted:

stuck on the loading screen, but whatevs

Same and even though my addons got updated, im getting a fuckload of errors on load.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Most of my addons haven't updated, and even some that have don't work because of unupdated libraries. It's working fine for me without the addons (I don't have allow outdated addons checked), though it's making me realize how much I relied on some of those addons.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Greymoor launch is every bit a clusterfuck as we expected it to be

here's a rough image of confirmed bugs:
  • Servers had to be taken down within 20 minutes of launch because everyone had Greymoor access whether they paid for it or not
  • EU has massive connection problems
  • NA has been forced back into a login queue, where you will more than likely get timed out before your queue pops; those lucky enough to get in are trapped in Todd Howard's Skyrim-themed nightmare, unable to log out
  • Antiquities mechanics are bugged, if you get hit by an aggro'd mob you are removed from the mobile minigame and locked into a moonwalking stance, only able to walk backwards.
  • Normal Maelstrom Arena is bugged, arena weapons are not guaranteed (honestly this is a net positive, IMO; get dumpstered, casuals)
  • People who bought and paid for Greymoor still can't access it; ironically enough the fix for this is getting delayed while the "free greymoor" thing was immediately remedied (gotta make a profit boyos!), really shows ZOS' priorities here (cash in as much as possible)
  • The Infinite Load Screen boss has returned (praise be)
  • Rollbacks are a thing again
  • Despite having "fixed" the Free Greymoor bug, people are reporting that they still have access to Greymoor without paying for it
  • Performance issues continue to be a thing

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah guess I'm gonna wait a while to log back into this one. And I don't mean sitting in the login queue.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I didn't even know there was a new expansion (well, I'd seen it on steam but I didn't realise it literally just released), did I just pick the worst morning possible to think "I'm bored, I'm gonna give ESO another try"?

Outside of the connection/server problems, it reads like most of the bugs are for the endgame/new content, or am I going to be plagued just questing around the base game?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The loading screens might be longer but you should be fine otherwise.

I levelled my antiquities skills and farted around in the new zones yesterday, and didn't have any issues other than the annoying load times.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I would appreciate if less people played my mmo of choice at the moment so that I can continue to treat it like a single-player game. TIA.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

SplitSoul posted:

I'm aware, I just phrased it poorly. Is this another performance update or did their patcher gently caress up spectacularly?

Looks like I had to have something like a 5000 MB "update" that while is occasionally willing to download at a normal rate mostly wants to sit around the 2MBPS rate, which at that blazing speed was too much for my computer to do things like "load a web page reliably". After a couple of hours it ramped up and just decided it was done and I believe nothing it was telling me, other then the launcher/loader is crap and there has to be a better way, but this isn't news.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Twenty Four posted:

Looks like I had to have something like a 5000 MB "update" that while is occasionally willing to download at a normal rate mostly wants to sit around the 2MBPS rate, which at that blazing speed was too much for my computer to do things like "load a web page reliably". After a couple of hours it ramped up and just decided it was done and I believe nothing it was telling me, other then the launcher/loader is crap and there has to be a better way, but this isn't news.

My computer froze up completely during the download :haw:

I was watching a youtube video at the same time though, might be too much!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is this the patch with the combat changes? Or does that come at a later date

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

mike12345 posted:

Is this the patch with the combat changes? Or does that come at a later date

They killed the combat changes because of mixed feedback - they'll be revisited at a later time.

As a filthy casual I can't wait till weaving stops being a thing - it's a mechanic that shouldn't exist. Fight me.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

FileNotFound posted:

They killed the combat changes because of mixed feedback - they'll be revisited at a later time.

As a filthy casual I can't wait till weaving stops being a thing - it's a mechanic that shouldn't exist. Fight me.

I'm still such a low level that I haven't dug into min/maxing combat in this game... am I correct in assuming this refers to weaving basic weapon attacks into a skill rotation? How absolutely necessary is this in upper level/end game content?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

kedo posted:

I'm still such a low level that I haven't dug into min/maxing combat in this game... am I correct in assuming this refers to weaving basic weapon attacks into a skill rotation? How absolutely necessary is this in upper level/end game content?

100% necessary. It's why I don't do end game content. People will kick you out of groups if you don't do it right.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

FileNotFound posted:

I thought this too, but it's really not all that hard. Just needs a little practice.

Of course I'm probably terrible at it, and on my Warden I mostly ignore it because I'd rather PEW PEW PEW, but it's really not that bad.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

100% necessary. It's why I don't do end game content. People will kick you out of groups if you don't do it right.

It's not 100% necessary except for SOME classes that rely on light attacks to build buffs - like bow wardens and it's used to trigger Relequen set bonus more often.

My DPS difference between weaving and not weaving is like 4k which isn't insignificant but hardly required. You can totally do all content with like 15k dps which is attainable without any animation canceling.

Getting your rotation right is vastly more important than weaving in light attacks between every cast.

I don't like it because it's a hassle and looks horrible because well - animation canceling is going to look horrible. Arrows shooting out of my hand and head get old.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 27, 2020

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Is it difficult to get a Werewolf bite? I'm looking at a cool WW build I like, but I don't want to spend crowns on it if I don't have to.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Manxome Foe posted:

Is it difficult to get a Werewolf bite? I'm looking at a cool WW build I like, but I don't want to spend crowns on it if I don't have to.

Just ask in guild or zone chat. People give them out when available, no need to spend crowns.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Yeah don't spend gold either. Chances are someone will just bite you for free if you ask periodically.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FileNotFound posted:

I don't like it because it's a hassle and looks horrible because well - animation canceling is going to look horrible. Arrows shooting out of my hand and head get old.

It's not about looking good, it's about optimizing your rotation to get as much out of it as possible in terms of uptimes and DPS. The majority of endgame raiders flat out use the skeleton polymorph when running trials for score, and quite a few have started using addons that actually make party members completely invisible to get around the copious amounts of effects and particles flying on screen.0

Honestly speaking, if you're worried about how your character looks when weaving/animation canceling, then endgame content is not for you.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Honestly speaking, if you're worried about how your character looks when weaving/animation canceling, then endgame content is not for you.

OK BUDDY

That's precisely WHY the mechanics should change.

But thanks for gatekeeping and continuing to poo poo on ESO despite no longer playing it - it's a massive contribution to this thread.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How much physical/spell penetration should I be aiming for, just for PvE?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hey, I just picked up this game to check it out, and I was wondering should I ask here for an invite or on the discord? As well if I wanted to cast spells I'd have to use a staff right? Like I couldn't use a sword but staff skills?

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Eimi posted:

Hey, I just picked up this game to check it out, and I was wondering should I ask here for an invite or on the discord? As well if I wanted to cast spells I'd have to use a staff right? Like I couldn't use a sword but staff skills?

Either. Someone will get to it ASAP, just post your UserID (name you log on with) or character name.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bonapartisan posted:

Either. Someone will get to it ASAP, just post your UserID (name you log on with) or character name.

Ah, cool I'm @Eimisa

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Scyantific posted:

It's not about looking good, it's about optimizing your rotation to get as much out of it as possible in terms of uptimes and DPS. The majority of endgame raiders flat out use the skeleton polymorph when running trials for score, and quite a few have started using addons that actually make party members completely invisible to get around the copious amounts of effects and particles flying on screen.0

Ideally a video game should have no graphics at all, just plain block text that says "GOOD JOB" if you press your buttons real fast

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Ideally a video game should have no graphics at all, just plain block text that says "GOOD JOB" if you press your buttons real fast

A horrible Daedra has appeared at the dolen! Type “WHAM” to attack.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Eimi posted:

No - can't use a sword and 'destruction staff' skills - but you can use class abilities regardless of weapon choice - but realistically if you want to cast spells you're using a pair of staves.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
The new zone is nostalgically nice, but pretty much just made me re-install Skyrim today and begin the rabbit hole that is a new mod list. Scrying/Antiquities I can see what they were conceptually trying to go with but functionally it is the personification of a grindfest. The lore bits are quite good though, and appreciated. Cannot see myself doing the trial because I cannot be hosed to find a new raid team. The vampire rework made me cure vampirism in all but one toon (an AD magblade that rarely gets playtime). Lets see...oh, and gently caress them for nerfing my precious perfected asylum inferno stave. Happy that whoever wants a maelstrom weapon can get one now, cause meh, whatever that poo poo is 4 years old going on 5 this fall and tbh I doubt it will change anything for 95 percent of the population. I miss PVPing with my bros and broettes, I miss raiding with cool chill people, and I miss my magblade. Still, there is a metric fuckload of poo poo to do in this game, especially if you are just starting out, so I still give it a thumbs up, don't take advice from us grizzled, disjointed, and depressing old timers (unless you are LastGoodBoy - go gently caress yourself, I still have 10 times as much gold as you will ever have hawking poo poo in zone you dumpster fire).

It's been fun

Ah well, never the less.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The lag in certain zones today has made things basically unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao darloc brae and night terror set on a vamp khajit owns for stealing poo poo you never get detected