Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

god drat image deleters! :argh:

https://i.imgur.com/juunNol.mp4

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 27, 2020

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Good tigger discipline there.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Inacio posted:

leave orbit, go to a space station, shoot turrets, die

Tried this, managed to get to ARC-L1 Wide Forestry station, but approaching the station disabled my weapons and shooting at it from outside that range didn't seem to do anything.

Sarsapariller posted:

Get in a ship, ram another ship or loiter over another landing pad until your ship is impounded, suicide (alt + backspace)

Going to give this a shot.

Edit: Did not have any luck with that either. Got some warnings about blocking a landing zone and then was told to prepare for ship storage but nothing ever happened. No crime stat. Crashed my ship into the station at full speed in frustration and woke up back on board ARC-L1 Wide Forestry station, which is a featureless mall with lots of npcs standing around doing nothing. Going to try flying to Port Olisar and trying these tactics there.

The Super-Id fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 27, 2020

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

Get in a ship, ram another ship or loiter over another landing pad until your ship is impounded, suicide (alt + backspace)
From what I've read, it seems like this should read "suicide (press pretty much any button)"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Martman posted:

From what I've read, it seems like this should read "suicide (press pretty much any button)"

exit train to reach death

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I had not checked the SPECTRUM in a while and drat, those sucker are getting uppity. CIG should import some of the better shills from reddit to control those plebs.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Whelp. I made it to Olisar and the same thing happened. Shooting did nothing and getting close disabled my guns. Just landed on a random pad and got verbal warnings and nothing happened... until my ship disappeared and I spawned in the station. Great, I thought, they must have impounded it. I open up my mobiglass and have no crime stat. Also I was spawned partially in the floor which I then fell through to my death. Then I respawned back on the forestry station.

I've put a good several hours into this game now and it's been frustrating and totally devoid of anything approaching fun the whole time. If there is any gameplay on offer it is hidden away with no evidence of where to find it. The one thing I sought out seems to be oddly out of reach, which is just getting locked up. You think flying my spaceship into a space station at max speed would get me a fine or citation or something. Nope.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
It's all fine, nothing to the game but 3D models that clip through each other is something you fix in a few days, nothing about any of that is foundational nor does it speak to the skillset of the people responsible. Pledge more.

ThevSonata
May 27, 2020
Managed to waste 80% of my UEC by forgetting how mass works, slammed my Freelancer full of scrap right into Olisar. Gotta learn some how right?

Would spend $60 again.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One could argue that clipping thru really luxurious models should be more fun than clipping thru really bad ones.

So that should make this game better than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Super-Id posted:

Whelp. I made it to Olisar and the same thing happened. Shooting did nothing and getting close disabled my guns. Just landed on a random pad and got verbal warnings and nothing happened... until my ship disappeared and I spawned in the station. Great, I thought, they must have impounded it. I open up my mobiglass and have no crime stat. Also I was spawned partially in the floor which I then fell through to my death. Then I respawned back on the forestry station.

I've put a good several hours into this game now and it's been frustrating and totally devoid of anything approaching fun the whole time. If there is any gameplay on offer it is hidden away with no evidence of where to find it. The one thing I sought out seems to be oddly out of reach, which is just getting locked up. You think flying my spaceship into a space station at max speed would get me a fine or citation or something. Nope.

lmao I actually like this thread a lot more when we're all just earnestly trying to have any kind of fun with the game and it's thwarting us at every turn like a wu shu master

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Scruffpuff posted:

It's all fine, nothing to the game but 3D models that clip through each other is something you fix in a few days, nothing about any of that is foundational nor does it speak to the skillset of the people responsible. Pledge more.

there's no point fixing any of the bugs until you've finished making the game, as you would know if you understood making games

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

ThevSonata posted:

Managed to waste 80% of my UEC by forgetting how mass works, slammed my Freelancer full of scrap right into Olisar. Gotta learn some how right?

Would spend $60 again.

whoa they modeled inertia now????

lol the regdate

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is some kind of inertia in space cause the one battle I got into I was ping ponging off asteroids well endlessly unloading in the brain dead AI until it just decided to explode. Interesting how spacecraft int he future are so advanced they can perfectly float in atmosphere in any orientation but cannot effectively counter inertia.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

800!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

HiroProtagonist posted:

whoa they modeled inertia now????

lol the regdate

ROFL I was wondering the exact same thing - there is no mass in the game, or any mechanic as described. I didn't even think to check the regdate. These loving people.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Agony Aunt posted:

Why would anyone's hosts file have incorrect entries for CIG's servers?

Well when you mine bitcoins from your customers computer...

ThevSonata
May 27, 2020

Scruffpuff posted:

ROFL I was wondering the exact same thing - there is no mass in the game, or any mechanic as described. I didn't even think to check the regdate. These loving people.

Well what do you call it when you dont instantly come to a stop from 300m/s as soon as you let off the thrusters?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Super-Id posted:

Maybe they disabled the crime stat or something for the free fly week

Usually it's impossible to go more than five minutes without violating a law in this dumb fuckin' game

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

sebmojo posted:

lmao I actually like this thread a lot more when we're all just earnestly trying to have any kind of fun with the game and it's thwarting us at every turn like a wu shu master

I have speculated before in some of my trip reports that the game is secretly a dark pact with some kind of evil anti-fun imp because it knows how to suck the maximum amount of time out of you without ever once allowing you to experience anything even approaching "Fun." It will always be there dangling just out of reach and the game will always gently caress you up just before you get to it, no matter what it is.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Rare footage of the wonkavator in the wild

":smug: posted:

Actually it's not BS, they are travelling not just teleporters like other games. They just travel in a straight line

:reddit: posted:

Terrible immersion-breaker. Make them faster (turbo-lift), but make them follow a path through the inside of things please.

(even without bug you still notice due to the distance marker to your ship)

just make them teleport you like they used to you loving idiots

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to break into prison via the escape tunnel?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hey remember in like 2014 when goons had a whole fleet of retaliator bombers for killing whale chariots? Let's see how that would have worked out.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ThevSonata posted:

Well what do you call it when you dont instantly come to a stop from 300m/s as soon as you let off the thrusters?

That detail depends on how close you get to the surface

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:hmmyes:

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

iron buns posted:

Star Citizen: Go play something else until you learn some loving respect

One of the funniest threads / sagas in recent memory. Can't wait for the Netflix / HBO doc, holy poo poo.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
If the tracker is real I bet there is a semi-constant floor of bots buying ships for money laundering.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

ThevSonata posted:

Not star citizen?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well I decided to try and break into prison, although I never got that far.

Highlights this time: Getting stuck on my ship in the small room with the beds (neither door out would open) had to quit out and run back after respawning. Running out onto the landing pads while someone was landing a big ship and positioning myself right under his landing gear (I was knocked over but suffered no damage of any kind). Then I snuck aboard his ship when he came down in a little elevator, he did not seem to like that and complained in chat before disconnecting? All I know is he disappeared from chat and I was kicked back inside port Olisar. After finally taking off to head to Klescher I spotted another ship on the landing pads and decided to try crashing into it at full speed to raise my crime stat. Upon hitting it I immediately spawned back inside Olisar while I could hear the ships exploding. This time I got a notice about having a criminal record. Open my Mobiglass, nothing. Took off my helmet and walked into space, woke up back at Olisar.

I will say that seeing someone land and getting inside their ship was fun. It was nice for there to be something in the game to interact with.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Popete posted:

There is some kind of inertia in space cause the one battle I got into I was ping ponging off asteroids well endlessly unloading in the brain dead AI until it just decided to explode. Interesting how spacecraft int he future are so advanced they can perfectly float in atmosphere in any orientation but cannot effectively counter inertia.

Do you still black out if you maneuver too sharply?

That was my favorite thing, the pilot losing consciousness from banking too hard, on a ship with artificial gravity, while another player could be standing next to the pilot and not even get knocked off their feet...

Fidelity.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hold on to your butts, I finally made it into a spaceship!

It's wildly underwhelming!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

sebmojo posted:

Last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH0rQwiI3qI

After this I tried to open it and there was no launch button.

infinity money to make space roman empire in the year 3000 and this insipid dreck is what they went with

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've made it to Aberdeen but I don't have any idea how to find anything on the surface. The maps and navigation tools in this game seem completely useless.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

So despite needing much support to dissuade a few friends who are on the verge of trying to play this during quarantine, I went to digging and while bunnyman was an easy find I couldn't find the official spectrum post on the inevitable consequences of space piracy, nor did I see it in the greatest hits thread.

Does it only exist now in memory and the hallowed halls of Sargur?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Ash1138 posted:

infinity money to make space roman empire in the year 3000 and this insipid dreck is what they went with

Yeah all of the years of work that go into just creating these landing zones, and they all just boil down to the same small maze of metallic corridors and a space mall. This is supposed to be a fascist and plutocratic Space Roman Empire, ruled by giant interstellar corporations, but it’s all played completely bland and straight like it’s a good and normal thing. None of it has any imagination or edge to it. It’s like watching a 90’s instructional video about investing in the stock market.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beluga Snail posted:

So despite needing much support to dissuade a few friends who are on the verge of trying to play this during quarantine, I went to digging and while bunnyman was an easy find I couldn't find the official spectrum post on the inevitable consequences of space piracy, nor did I see it in the greatest hits thread.

Does it only exist now in memory and the hallowed halls of Sargur?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

Hold on to your butts, I finally made it into a spaceship!

It's wildly underwhelming!

Yeah it really is. That first lift off from your hangar which should feel momentous is just a dull thud as you hit the hangar bay doors because you didn't realize you have to click the tiny "comms" button on your panel to request they be opened. Then you realize well you're looking up a guide to do this that your ship is just hanging by string suspended at whatever angle you left it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

:bisonyes:

And we're still missing the kraken & pioneer day.