Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

seattle plague rat posted:

the bad news is literally every other single thing about everythig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/CarlosGphoto/status/1265455823700070401?s=20
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1265457390192820226?s=20

honestly getting ready to upgrade to a painters mask with replaceable filters at this point. would those help with tear gas/pepper spray?

If you keep it wet maybe.

But then there's also the problem with, y'know, your eyes

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Case Updates

New cases: 0

Days since last new case: 5

Hospitalisation: 0 people in hospital (-1)

The last person in hospital (in Middlemore) has been discharged. This is the first time since we haven't anyone in hospital since before lockdown began.

Active Cases

Total active cases: 21 (-1)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

seattle plague rat posted:

the bad news is literally every other single thing about everythig

it’s not all bad, a very elite cabal of sociopaths is using this as a opportunity to consolidate power

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I think this means capitalism will improve?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

the numbers in the southern states are so obviously loving fake

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

KaptainKrunk posted:

it's fine, don't worry about it. go get a haircut and some mcdonalds

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

snoo posted:

it's fine, don't worry about it. go get a haircut and some mcdonalds

if your hairdresser has COVID its the hairdresser's fault, not the fact that politicians and business owners forced everything to stay open during a pandemic

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

if your hairdresser has COVID its the hairdresser's fault, not the fact that politicians and business owners forced everything to stay open during a pandemic

Oh hey, are you my Governor?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KaptainKrunk posted:

For Florida as part of their metrics they didn't count out of state people who got sick in florida only residents.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

snoo posted:

gently caress the police

please do not gently caress the police. the police are 5 times as likely as a human being to commit domestic violence.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

but ... if you are in Florida .. you are a Florida resident

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/StateDept/status/1265357062965526529?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Google Butt posted:

Goon docs how many 10s of thousands of d should I take

plugging is the best way to absorb the power of vit D

if you do that you only need to do about 15 a day. if you take it orally, you need to do about 200

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

incredible. lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

just insane. United States Department of Truth poo poo right here

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Rah! posted:

hyper piss

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

LMAO it's the guy who tried to turn Kansas into Somalia

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

re: Vitamin D

Really very no one on this forum should be at risk for a vitamin d deficiency, unless they have some kind of absorption issue. just a decent diet (or a lovely one with lots of cheese) will be more than enough.

The symptoms of a vitamin d deficiency are kinda vague until your bones just start snapping. Vitamin D plays an important role in the intestinal absorption of calcium, and slightly in the regulation of it within the serum. Too little Vitamin D can lead to hypocalcemia, which in the acute phase can lead to tetany, or overexcitation of the nerves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmwsTU0InQ

Too MUCH vitamin D can lead to hypercalcemia. Stones, bones, abdominal groans and psychic moans. Basically you'll just go loving crazy and start peeing out calcium rocks.

As far as supplementation, again, I doubt many people reading this thread are at risk. If I had to guess the reason african americans have lower Vit D levels, it would be because they're generally poorer and therefore don't have as good of diets. Again, everything is poverty but i repeat myself.

If you REALLY think you have low vitamin D, just take a daily vitamin supplement.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

alright now theyre openly mocking us

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

what the hell are psychic moans

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's when the dick so good the ethereal realm feels it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

vitamin D helps the fluoride in drinking water calcify around your third eye, so a lack of D causes your inner Chi to begin realigning and attempt to reopen the eye. However, since you have a lack of a necessary vitamin, the psychic awakening is limited and not fully articulate

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

FizFashizzle posted:

Really very no one on this forum should be at risk for a vitamin d deficiency, unless they have some kind of absorption issue. just a decent diet (or a lovely one with lots of cheese) will be more than enough.

The symptoms of a vitamin d deficiency are kinda vague until your bones just start snapping. Vitamin D plays an important role in the intestinal absorption of calcium, and slightly in the regulation of it within the serum. Too little Vitamin D can lead to hypocalcemia, which in the acute phase can lead to tetany, or overexcitation of the nerves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmwsTU0InQ

Too MUCH vitamin D can lead to hypercalcemia. Stones, bones, abdominal groans and psychic moans. Basically you'll just go loving crazy and start peeing out calcium rocks.

As far as supplementation, again, I doubt many people reading this thread are at risk. If I had to guess the reason african americans have lower Vit D levels, it would be because they're generally poorer and therefore don't have as good of diets. Again, everything is poverty but i repeat myself.

If you REALLY think you have low vitamin D, just take a daily vitamin supplement.

I switched doctors like 5 years ago, and the doctor took one look at my skin and said "you look like you don't get out much" and had me get bloodwork - turns out I had a Vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunlight

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

For real. Montgomery Alabama is supposedly hitting NYC levels of poo poo hitting the fan and the numbers for the whole state are like 14 dead a day. I know it’s not going to approach the NY numbers but it’s ridiculous.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

KaptainKrunk posted:

For sure. TN somehow has a 1.6% CFR.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

its a type of crack and/or ping

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

MorrisBae posted:

I switched doctors like 5 years ago, and the doctor took one look at my skin and said "you look like you don't get out much" and had me get bloodwork - turns out I had a Vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunlight

Same

With my study of n=2 I can guarantee if you're posting here you're probably vitamin D deficient

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

MorrisBae posted:

$50 on the vitamin D thing being a false correlation. Darker skinned people has less vitamin D from the sun. As do people in dense cities. Darker skinned people and people in dense cities also have higher poverty rates and worse access to healthcare. :thunk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

study medicine and you learn tons of pneumonics for poo poo. psychic moans just means you start hallucination

Reiter's syndrome is "can't see, can't pee, can't climb a tree."

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

For real. Montgomery Alabama is supposedly hitting NYC levels of poo poo hitting the fan and the numbers for the whole state are like 14 dead a day. I know it’s not going to approach the NY numbers but it’s ridiculous.

Top places for the Google search "I Can't Smell" in the last 7 days according to Google Trends

1. Illinois
2. Wisconsin
3. Alabama
4. Indiana
5. Maryland
6. Pennsylvania
7. South Carolina
8. Virginia
9. New Jersey
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona
12. Louisiana
13. New York
14. Georgia
15. Texas
16. Tennessee
17. Connecticut
18. North Carolina
19. Massachusetts
20. Ohio
21. Michigan
22. Missouri
23. California
24. Colorado
25. Nevada
26. Florida
27. Washington

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FizFashizzle posted:

This is not true. Melanin inhibits absorption of vitamin D from sunlight. People with darker skin living in climates with less sun are at higher risk for vitamin D deficiency. See: The Somali diaspora in Sweden.

People who live a mostly indoor lifestyle (americans, goons, american goons) regardless of skin pigment are very likely to be deficient, and it does appear to be a risk factor with COVID.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

FizFashizzle posted:

study medicine and you learn tons of pneumonics for poo poo. psychic moans just means you start hallucination

Reiter's syndrome is "can't see, can't pee, can't climb a tree."

mnemonics

im sure there's lots of pneumonics too

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
don’t fall for the vitamin d tips, it’s just Centrum trying to pump and dump their stock

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

FizFashizzle posted:

Stones Bones and Groans is also the name of the "Self-Defense Through Comedy" class I teach at the local learning annex.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

otoh there's absolutely wild story about how human civilization collectively forgot how to cure scurvy for like 50 years.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
So in theory, this thing could die off not because of sunlight killing the virus in the summer, but because of increased Vitamin D absorption from sunlight during the summer

The lockdown forcing everyone indoors might actually be prolonging the disease

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/05/26/breaking-news/hawaii-records-no-new-coronavirus-cases-for-3rd-straight-day/

3 consecutive days with no new Covid cases reported in Hawaii is gonna rile a lot of people up to speed up our relatively glacial reopening plans.

We're talking about reopening to mass tourism as early as July as long as the visitor has a confirmed negative Covid test. I am extremely doubtful of how well that will be enforced. We're gonna get Covid-carrying haoles spreading the roni in our reopened shops and restaurants, so my conservative prediction is that we hit at least 5 new daily cases again statewide by August 15. It'll start blowing up from there, which will permanently destroy tourism in Hawaii forever.

Can't wait!