Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chichevache posted:

Sport orgy?

Is finishing first or last better here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2 on 2 boxing but each team has an arm tied together at the wrist

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
How does a sports orgy compare to a vampire orgy?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Last one to cum wins.

You get recognition for making somebody cum first. MVP for cums production rate (CPR) is highest.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow that team fighting thing is an even bigger cluster gently caress than I thought it’d be

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow that team fighting thing is an even bigger cluster gently caress than I thought it’d be

I hadn't before this morning, either. It looks like each of them is determined by whichever team gets a +1 advantage first. As soon as that happens the other team just gets jumped.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
First question i had was “how is this not immediately determined by submitting the weakest guy quickest” and welp there ya go. Total clusterfuck. What a bad idea

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

First question i had was “how is this not immediately determined by submitting the weakest guy quickest” and welp there ya go. Total clusterfuck. What a bad idea

The rules: No contact with eyes. No contact with adams apple. No biting.

e: lol i'm a horrible person just laughing at the ref dragging away an unconscious body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRgs6f8YYt0&t=257s

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 27, 2020

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Daltos is 100% right about the definition of sports but it's also worth mentioning that there's nothing wrong with being an athletic competition rather than a sport, like there's nothing wrong with being a hot dog instead of a sandwich

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phobeste posted:

Daltos is 100% right about the definition of sports but it's also worth mentioning that there's nothing wrong with being an athletic competition rather than a sport, like there's nothing wrong with being a hot dog instead of a sandwich

Doubles tennis is a sport but singles is not? Team fighting is a sport but solo MMA is not?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I like how the sweet synchronized jumpkick immediately backfires when one guy is caught in midair and slammed to the ground lmao, and the rest just miss/do nothing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Losing in an orgy is being the person who never finished.

Phobeste posted:

there's nothing wrong with being a hot dog instead of a sandwich

But a hot dog is a sandwich

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mr. Nice! posted:

Doubles tennis is a sport but singles is not? Team fighting is a sport but solo MMA is not?

You're starting to get it now

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Sports are anything with offense and defense

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kalli posted:

lol when I was a kid there were some school events in Father's Day that had you and your father tied at the wrist playing soccer, it was a shitshow

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

also that team fighting stuff prompts me to remind everyone that calcio storico is objectively the best sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imI7dpzKIoE&t=397s

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Sports are anything with offense and defense

What about debate?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Daltos has the right definitions but the wrong way of using them.

Golfing and bowling are not sports. They're competitive games where you try to outscore opponents but you can't do anything about your opponent.

Tennis is a sport. You are trying to outscore your opponent while preventing them from scoring.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Sports are anything requiring athleticism with offense and defense

Chess is not a sport.

Debate is not a sport.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Chess is not a sport.

Debate is not a sport.

Standing at a podium for a couple hours is an athletic feat. :colbert:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tennis isn't a sport it's an athletic competition I'm not sure why this is so confusing

Again athletic competitions aren't a bad thing they're just inferior to sports (ie baseball is an athletic competitions due to the nature of 1 on 1 matchups and is the worst of the four major "sports" even though it's technically not one)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sports have to involve 'clubs' or 'teams' whose members kiss each other in a locker room

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

Tennis isn't a sport it's an athletic competition I'm not sure why this is so confusing

Again athletic competitions aren't a bad thing they're just inferior to sports (ie baseball is an athletic competitions due to the nature of 1 on 1 matchups and is the worst of the four major "sports" even though it's technically not one)

An athletic competition is the 400m sprint or swimming or the high jump or American Ninja Warrior. These athletes are competing on even ground to see who's the most athletic, and cannot directly affect the outcomes of their competitors.

Tennis is not that. The "best athlete" doesn't win by default -- the winner is the person who defeats their opponents until there are none remaining. You have to simultaneously be a good enough athlete and a good enough tennis player to win. This dynamic is present regardless if it's singles or doubles.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
:ughh:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
jeopardy is an athletic competition. three peoples’ thumb muscles versus a mustached know it all

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

like a 3 legged race but for boxing? I'm down.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s interesting 1) Pete Carrol and Steve Kerr apparently have a podcast on the ringer, 2) Pete said so far C19 hasn’t really set teams behind at all but will start to now, so if attitudes about the season are going to change you might see that snowball starting to roll.

(Season still starting on time with fans so it doesn’t matter)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JPrime posted:

like a 3 legged race but for boxing? I'm down.

Goddamnit I'm bored enough I'm actually thinking about this. I think the tied together arms would actually end up being the most effective punch with decent coordination since that's the only way both guys could get their hips into things.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Doltos posted:

Football is an athletic competition when teams are in man defense but it's a sport when they play zone

Basketball is a sport except when Kobe Bryant played for the Lakers or that playoff game LeBron had against the Pistons in 2006, those were athletic competitions

Soccer is a sport except for penalty kicks, those are an athletic competition

Golf is a sport unless it's in match play, then it's an athletic competition

Fencing? Always an athletic competition.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is competitive eating a sport?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Is posting a sport?

EDIT: Is determining what is or is not a sport a sport unto itself?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Phobeste posted:

Daltos is 100% right about the definition of sports

He is! Until you look it up.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Dave posted:

It’s interesting 1) Pete Carrol and Steve Kerr apparently have a podcast on the ringer, 2) Pete said so far C19 hasn’t really set teams behind at all but will start to now, so if attitudes about the season are going to change you might see that snowball starting to roll.

(Season still starting on time with fans so it doesn’t matter)

The best thing that podcast has done so far was landing an interview with Bill Murray.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I want Pete Carroll’s thoughts on some of the Covid conspiracy’s.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
1v1 tug of war: athletic competition

2v2 tug of war: sport?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Spoeank posted:

1v1 tug of war: athletic competition

2v2 tug of war: sport?

you're trying to make sense out of what is left of daltos' battered brain, i fear it is a fool's endeavor

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Baseball is an athletic competition when the bases are empty but a sport when a man is on. Also double plays are sports but fielder's choices are athletic competitions.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Amy Pole Her posted:

He is! Until you look it up.

We're talking about objectively correct definitions here not the common misconception encoded in the dictionaries foisted on us by the capitalist elite

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JPrime posted:

you're trying to make sense out of what is left of daltos' battered brain, i fear it is a fool's endeavor

Uncalled for rudeness in a benign conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

Is posting a sport?

EDIT: Is determining what is or is not a sport a sport unto itself?

Sure is. You're looking at a beer league bench warmer.