Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Thirty-six humidifiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Oh Snapple! posted:

Thirty-six humidifiers

In a row?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Don't look down Tommy, my shorts ripped and my dick popped out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved Stan and Roger going through the guy's house while he was inside it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Davros1 posted:

I loved Stan and Roger going through the guy's house while he was inside it

He's not even deaf!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I'm catching up on this season, and... does anyone else feel like Roger was kind of handled weirdly in the Weeknd episode?

Like, he's doing a bit in it, but he doesn't commit to it nearly as hard as usual; like, he's adopted the mannerisms and dress of one of his personas, but is still identifying as, and is being treated as, Roger. It felt like a weird halfway point they don't typically do with him; he's usually either just his flamboyant alien self, or he's going all-the-way on a bit, with the other family members at least humoring him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Non-Tableside "Guac"

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Baller, shot caller!...whoa, I made it

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Anyone else think Roger's cold is going to have something to do with the 300th episode?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Make way for Klaus!

I don't want Klaus.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That episode was boring and bad.

It is the worst episode of American Dad.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FireWorksWell posted:

Make way for Klaus!

I don't want Klaus.

The shot of Francine pushing Klaus back into the bedroom in her foot was great.

Dr Glasses!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

So I'm catching up on this season, and... does anyone else feel like Roger was kind of handled weirdly in the Weeknd episode?

Like, he's doing a bit in it, but he doesn't commit to it nearly as hard as usual; like, he's adopted the mannerisms and dress of one of his personas, but is still identifying as, and is being treated as, Roger. It felt like a weird halfway point they don't typically do with him; he's usually either just his flamboyant alien self, or he's going all-the-way on a bit, with the other family members at least humoring him.
The episode was written by The Weeknd so that may be why

I enjoyed Stan’s delusions in this episode. Perfect way to end it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MikusR posted:

It is the worst episode of American Dad.

Not even remotely close. It isn't even the worst episode of the season

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Not even remotely close. It isn't even the worst episode of the season

"Worst" episode of AD means so little for a show I don't skip any episodes of. Except sometimes the Saudi Arabia ones...

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It's weird that this episode was divisive. I was grinning like an idiot during the whole thing, practically.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

"Worst" episode of AD means so little for a show I don't skip any episodes of. Except sometimes the Saudi Arabia ones...

The Saudi Arabia episodes are the only ones I've only seen once.

My favorite early season episodes are the ones that don't involve Stan much at all or the ones that emphasize his conservatism over his Republican politics. A Smith in the Hand, for example, is great because he doesn't believe in sex ed & thinks it will ruin Steve, not because jerking off is for Democrats or whatever.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It's weird that this episode was divisive. I was grinning like an idiot during the whole thing, practically.

I'm surprised too. The previous episodes made me worry that the show was on the down slope, and this episode was so good it restored my hope.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only joke i like in the Saudi Arabia episodes is the "democracy kicked in!" montage because I'm pretty sure a lot of Americans, not just citizens but leaders, think that's basically what happens when they invade a country.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I like it when francine kisses every man

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yeah, I really enjoyed this and the last episode. Roger presenting his replacements for the adventure was an amazing bit and I'm surprised they never did it before.

Davros1 posted:

The shot of Francine pushing Klaus back into the bedroom in her foot was great.

Dr Glasses!

Francine continues to be the best character.

"What's your wildest dream?"

"Going to the moon, realizing it's really small and then throwing it like a baseball."

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

twistedmentat posted:

The only joke i like in the Saudi Arabia episodes is the "democracy kicked in!" montage because I'm pretty sure a lot of Americans, not just citizens but leaders, think that's basically what happens when they invade a country.
I thought that was a Family Guy thing?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKQA95JOQmo&t=95s

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Coaaab posted:

I thought that was a Family Guy thing?

Wait isn't that also right after they dream GWB coming in to save them?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

twistedmentat posted:

Wait isn't that also right after they dream GWB coming in to save them?
you are indeed correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrybuo14FJs

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Having watched the last two episodes back-to-back, I can say with some confidence that the first of them was the worst episode of the season. It feels like the team got a network mandate to put an Overwatch tournament in the show without insulting it and so in protest the writers slapped an episode together using the first crazy and/or stupid ideas they came up with. I don't think I laughed at any point except the America Culture Pod reveal.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And Chinese ice cream isn't even the best, Thai ice cream is.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Yet again, American Dad draws a relatively mundane car in incredible detail.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wow, they're both pretty much the exact same joke. No wonder I got them confused in my head. Now I hate it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

YEAH!!!

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY!! I WANNA RIDE IT ALL NIGHT LONG

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Funny joke: Roger shoots invisible basketball, scores invisible goal. Woah, I made it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Roger Needs Dick
Season 17, episode 8
When one of Roger's characters falls in love with Dick, it affects the whole family.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Good evening nighthawks, we’ve been... expecting you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxh02n0NNJg

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The_Doctor posted:

Good evening nighthawks, we’ve been... expecting you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxh02n0NNJg

Holy gently caress I didn't realize how spot on that bit was.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

was that linda in the background

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's pretty weird that this episode had nothing to do with one of Roger's personas falling in love with Dick. Was that episode meant to be for next week or something?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This week's episode was entitled "One fish, two fish" and looks like it's episode 7 and not 6. So it looks like that episode was either pulled or wasn't supposed to be this week.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

bull3964 posted:

This week's episode was entitled "One fish, two fish" and looks like it's episode 7 and not 6. So it looks like that episode was either pulled or wasn't supposed to be this week.

For whatever reason, when I checked the info during the episode, the description was for Roger Needs Dick, hence my confusion. I was looking at the clock like "well, it's 10:29, I guess there's still time..."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's pretty weird that this episode had nothing to do with one of Roger's personas falling in love with Dick. Was that episode meant to be for next week or something?

Yeah, the information online about which episodes are airing next as been consistently wrong for a few weeks now, Roger needs Dick will probably be the next one (unless it's not).

Plant MONSTER. posted:

was that linda in the background

Yup! (Unless it was her clone)

Anyway, I related VERY strongly to the coconut subplot. Coconuts are the evil bastards of the fruit world.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Wasn't the last one also supposed to be Roger Needs Dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

This was an *aggressively* silly episode! I heard my embarrassingly-stupid laugh a couple times, especially during the coconut scenes.