Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm still LOLing about how Trump said he "tested positively toward negative" because he's not capable of saying anything negative about himself

It is the power of positive thinking, my dude. No, really, that old self-help book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Positive_Thinking#Popular_culture

quote:

President Donald Trump has called Peale “his pastor” and “one of the greatest speakers” he had ever seen.[16] Fred and Mary Trump, President Trump's parents, traveled to the Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan with their children to hear Peale's sermons. Trump grew up hearing Peale's teachings from his parents, and Peale officiated his first wedding.[17] Trump credits his survival in 1990 after bankruptcy to Peale's positive thinking teachings.

Gotta think positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Serious question: how the gently caress is this guy not in jail for blatant death threats to a government official? He just loses his stupid job and that's it?

I know, I know, he's a white supremacist and so are the cops, but how is this not being enforced?

hanging and official in effigy is considered protected speech

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Son of Man posted:

Haha holy poo poo they have doubled in price. What the hell happened? I've bought like 5 for under $200

Edit: actually gently caress you, I'm so sorry I quoted an outdated price for soviet surplus. Suck my cock and I'll issue a formal apology letter

A lot of the pricing going up on old Soviet rifles has to do with import restrictions and sanctions placed on Russia by US administrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

lol restaurants around town are already starting to close down as workers are testing positive. it's on a store by store, entirely self-regulated basis right now, but 2 more just today and lmao if they were servers in a "50% capacity" dining room

600 new cases in Iowa today!

Some guy who works at one of the big factories in town tested positive for covid 12 days after exposure.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

euphronius posted:

hanging and official in effigy is considered protected speech

[for chuds]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kathy griffin held up trumps decapitated head it was fine

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

that was funny

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

Kathy griffin held up trumps decapitated head it was fine

she got fired and her tv career is over

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

eric ciaramella posted:

I mean legally

but her career rebounded after that and her touring is a good as ever . so good for her o guess idk

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

meat update: meat prices seem to have come back down at Costco but there are literally zero beef steaks

I've never cooked a roast before so I bought a 2.5 pound beef roast for $15 at walmart and was informed by my coworkers the next day that that was about 300% of what it should be

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

eric ciaramella posted:

she got fired and her tv career never really took off in the first place

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

zegermans posted:

I've never cooked a roast before so I bought a 2.5 pound beef roast for $15 at walmart and was informed by my coworkers the next day that that was about 300% of what it should be

Yeah that's beef levels of cost.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

eric ciaramella posted:

She used to date Steve Wozniak and there's a rumor that he was COVID-19 patient zero for the USA (but she dated him years ago)

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BrettGHughes/status/1265389347542614022

This employee has apparently had symptoms for days, but the restaurant just announced "hey if you went to us, uh you might have covid" on their facebook last night and is planning on opening again today hahahahaha.

This whole thing is a loving joke.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
is this virus still a thing? am I the crazy one?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Sunny Side Up posted:

There is a virus but quit asking questions and go shopping

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like, okay we can re-open in the midst of inadequate testing and poo poo but as soon as you get a covid case you should have to shut down.

As it is, restaurants are just saying "Hey there's a risk of covid here whatever!" and they stay open. Just loving insane.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Sunny Side Up posted:

am I the crazy one?

evergreen internal monologue

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr12gBrXA8

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Glad the CDC is no longer a trusted source of public health policy.

https://twitter.com/StarrProspect/status/1265729561582600194

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

CDC pushing their atheist agenda by encouraging Christian death

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sunny Side Up posted:

the business elites and the chuds successfully gaslit the nation into reopening. it'll take a couple months

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

rlly getting up in thos enslaved workers faces veruca ur management material for sure welcome to mckinsey

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In more un-surprising news, the owners of the restaurant in Iowa that is staying open after trying to cover up that their employee had COVID are dog murderers:

quote:

Nicki Bernhholz and her husband Joe fostered Casha to get her healthy and ready to go to forever home. From the very beginning, it was a constant battle of not following our rules of decompression, not giving updates to us when requested, they told us from beginning that they could not keep her long term. We agreed that we would look ASAP for a adopter. They sent a message that they were going out of town in March and we needed to come and get her.

We have adopter that has been approved, We contacted them to set up a time to pick up Casha. No answer. Left voicemail messages for both her and her husband Joe, numerous text messages, Facebook messages and no response for almost a week.

Yesterday, the sheriff went to home and work. He left message at Joe’s work to call him regarding Casha. We are frantically calling Nicki and Joe to make sure Casha is safe. This morning the sheriff called to tell us that they had not called him back either.

At this point , we are consumed with panic. Today, we received the message attached from Nicki. We respond back with voicemail,text and Facebook messages. No response. Within a half hour of her telling us Casha ran away, she removed us from her friends list.
Please do NOT adopt or foster to Nicki or her husband Joe. We are truly devastated

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

tbh the politicization of the cdc I did not see coming

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sunny Side Up posted:

everything is normal friend, just fine indeed

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The type of people who view dog fostering as a way to get a dog for a little while so their loving gremlin children can torture it until it dies are human trash who should be beaten to loving death.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

14,825 new cases and 1,168 new deaths in the United States :allears:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Zberan Madowinty posted:

The type of people who view dog fostering as a way to get a dog for a little while so their loving gremlin children can torture it until it dies are human trash who should be beaten to loving death.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Sunny Side Up posted:

i ask myself this more and more often lately as i keep watching otherwise reasonable people going out and doing stupid poo poo.

gotta stay the course

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Flunky posted:

i ask myself this more and more often lately as i keep watching otherwise reasonable people going out and doing stupid poo poo.

gotta stay the course

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
stay indoors, wash your hands, wash your beans, watch America destroy itself

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
you don't want covid, it's a horrible way to die :(

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
whoops haha how did those clots get in my lungs lmfao

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Like, okay we can re-open in the midst of inadequate testing and poo poo but as soon as you get a covid case you should have to shut down.

As it is, restaurants are just saying "Hey there's a risk of covid here whatever!" and they stay open. Just loving insane.
the first time things closed it wasn't their choice and they needed help. anything after this is their choice and they should have thought about that before they opened because they had no other choice.
this is all just a way to shift the blame off trump. sorry, your choice was to close/open so live with it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Der Meister posted:

tbh the politicization of the cdc I did not see coming

why not lol trump is firing and hiring as needed baby

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

seattle plague rat posted:

rlly getting up in thos enslaved workers faces veruca ur management material for sure welcome to mckinsey

mainly I posted it because she says bean feast

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

fits my needs posted:

why not lol trump is firing and hiring as needed baby

because I am naive and stupid op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o: