Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1262812768710742021
This isn't entirely different from how Endgame described time travel.

These costumes look awful. People did run around like that, but I really dislike that style.

What a snipe. Bitching about the clothing trends of early last century.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I was just skimming over some choice parts of the past six seasons and man this has been consistently an awesome show. Season two and its "Science, beeyotch!" from Fitz, season three with Jemma falling in love with a dude on a distant planet and Fitz going there to save him (and being forced to by Ward...) and Coulson's jump from a plane straight into the portal right before it closes, Aida being awesome, the entire team except for Jemma and Daisy being replaced by LMDs and them suddenly realizing it (and robo-May sacrificing herself so they could escape), Agents of Hydra and Ward being a good guy, Talbot "fixing" things and eating all the gravitonium, Jemma and Fitz getting married only for him to die, Kitson, the crazy dream episode inside Fitz and Simmons heads where Fitz catches up on everything he's missed...

It's one of the few shows I could rewatch every episode forever and never get tired of it. We didn't deserve such a good show.

Also, I'm glad all six seasons are on Netflix.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am re-watching season 5 right now, and the moment when Deke and May take the bridge of Kovac's ship is almost exactly like Iron Man 2 when Black Widow takes out like ten guards and Happy takes one in the same time frame. He is just glad to contribute! Deke and Happy spinoff 2021 is all I am saying...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CornHolio posted:

I was just skimming over some choice parts of the past six seasons and man this has been consistently an awesome show. Season two and its "Science, beeyotch!" from Fitz, season three with Jemma falling in love with a dude on a distant planet and Fitz going there to save him (and being forced to by Ward...) and Coulson's jump from a plane straight into the portal right before it closes, Aida being awesome, the entire team except for Jemma and Daisy being replaced by LMDs and them suddenly realizing it (and robo-May sacrificing herself so they could escape), Agents of Hydra and Ward being a good guy, Talbot "fixing" things and eating all the gravitonium, Jemma and Fitz getting married only for him to die, Kitson, the crazy dream episode inside Fitz and Simmons heads where Fitz catches up on everything he's missed...

It's one of the few shows I could rewatch every episode forever and never get tired of it. We didn't deserve such a good show.

Also, I'm glad all six seasons are on Netflix.

Don't forget about Enoch!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

I assure you, my memory of Enoch is quite intact.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

RareAcumen posted:

He took bold action!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We doing a new thread or just keeping on with this one? Its in 8 minutes!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LET’S DO THIS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bloody hell, I need to remember what channel is ABC here. Fortunately I'm west coast so I got time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Coulson's nerd aspect coming in handy already

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Don't forget to smile!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Gemini is gonna be Papa and Uncle Koening isn't it?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

swickles posted:

Gemini is gonna be Papa and Uncle Koening isn't it?

Ding Ding Ding

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yay Patton.

This episode is way emotionally heavier than I was expecting.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Upperquake was badass

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Yay Patton.

This episode is way emotionally heavier than I was expecting.

I wanna see where Fitz is. :ohdear:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When he gets here it'll be a whole new deal! :haw:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I love that Zima is a running gag on this show

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jesus Christ Jemma :stonk:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Jesus Christ Jemma :stonk:

Seems like whenever she and Fitz are separated, she goes all dark Simmons and Fitz goes all unstoppable Fitz.

Disappearing Powder
Jul 24, 2010
For any one that is interested in it
Elizabeth Henstridge is streaming live on YouTube.

Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg are part of it too.

Disappearing Powder fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 28, 2020

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jeff Ward has a bitchin stache

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

1930s Baseball reference! :haw:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

swickles posted:

1930s Baseball reference! :haw:

Came here to say that has got to be the new thread title.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Came here to say that has got to be the new thread title.

such a quotable show, and it never feels forced

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope we get to meet other 1930s New York historical figures like Al Smith or Fiorello La Guardia.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Fitz is gonna be an old man when we see him next isn't he :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Argue posted:

Fitz is gonna be an old man when we see him next isn't he :(

Nope, everyone is gonna get LMDed and live forever!

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Nah, new thread title should be "Dad jokes - it's a glitch."

Personal speculation is still that (this) Gemma is an LMD and that Fitz and Simmons are now QUITE old having figured time travel out. The crew will pass through where they've hidden just before the fight to reclaim modern day Earth and get some exposition and goodbyes.

As for this episode - I enjoyed it quite a bit! I loved the period feeling title screen and wonder if they'll change it up based upon the era that the crew is in per episode. Also the Chronocoms are seriously going to need to pull in reinforcements. They got three people in the 30s and have already lost one (possibly two) of them. Step up your game, nerds!

Also Yoyo being fine and the sudden appearance of Spider-May isn't a good sign. So much for wondering how she'll react to seeing Coulson....

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think Fitz and SImmons are old old.

This show is not gonna go without one more tease of their relationship and one last grand reunion between them.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Disappearing Powder posted:

For any one that is interested in it
Elizabeth Henstridge is streaming live on YouTube.

Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg are part of it too.

Today in sentences that made me instantly shrivel up into a withered husk: "AoS was a big part of my childhood; I've been watching it since I was 8"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also Simmons says Coulson is taking in two years worth of data from his last framework scan, so its probably not much longer than that. Like for Fitzsimmons it's probably been a couple months.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Argue posted:

Today in sentences that made me instantly shrivel up into a withered husk: "AoS was a big part of my childhood; I've been watching it since I was 8"

:stare:

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Unrelated: That Speakeasy password.... I'm thinking that they chose 1931 just for that joke.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I'd forgotten just how good this show is. So happy it's back! :dance:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The password is always swordfish, I hear.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
This was a great start for the season. So many possibilities for characters from previous seasons or the broader MCU to turn up now that time travel is involved too.

Personally holding out for a young, pre-transformation Steve Rogers appearance, an Agent Carter/Jarvis appearance and Brett Dalton in any kind of role that they care to put him in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Slashrat posted:

This was a great start for the season. So many possibilities for characters from previous seasons or the broader MCU to turn up now that time travel is involved too.

Personally holding out for a young, pre-transformation Steve Rogers appearance, an Agent Carter/Jarvis appearance and Brett Dalton in any kind of role that they care to put him in.

Every episode is "To save SHIELD, we have to save ____________".

To save SHIELD, we have to save Hydra.

To save SHIELD, we have to save the Kree.

To save SHIELD, we have to save the Framework.

To save SHIELD, we have to save Ward.

To save SHIELD, we have to kill the dog.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

swickles posted:

Them time travelling to that point in time, and it turning out that Simmons killed the dog would be so bizarre and awesome. It would be even better if they left it vague if she did or not again.

Also, maybe its finally time to have the Marvel-DC crossover, but with just the Legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

Joke's on you, the dog is in charge of HYDRA. It had Ward fake its death to keep the heat off.