Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Dominic Cummings’ press conference — The crisis that has engulfed the government over Dominic Cummings’ conduct continued to rage unabated after an unprecedented press conference in which he repeatedly refused to resign or apologise"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Public anger swells ranks of Tory MPs turning on Dominic Cummings

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Dominic Cummings' eyesight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

"Ha! By saying it's a symbol you're also saying that it's ONLY a symbol and has no practical use AT ALL!"

Even in this imaginary conversation Lester is a loving idiot. It's really not far off from how people couldn't (or chose not to) understand that BLM didn't mean ONLY black lives mattered.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Independent:

ok does "DOM CUM" somehow not mean the same thing over there or what??? or perhaps it does :thunk:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lazy_Liberal posted:

ok does "DOM CUM" somehow not mean the same thing over there or what??? or perhaps it does :thunk:

DOM CUM riding the :scumpass:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lazy_Liberal posted:

It's a brittoon so the artist probably saw the sex reference, laughed and sent it to the publisher anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Shouldn't Carmen be the one who's mad about having to wear a mask

This is from two weeks ago, which I believe was right before the narrative changed from "stupid liberal millennials aren't wearing masks" to "wearing a mask is an infringement of my civil rights".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lazy_Liberal posted:

it absolutely does. this is british cartoons, sex jokes and toilet humour are regular features

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Ben Garrison is back on his bullshit, the schedule has picked up after the last slower weeks.

And yes, that one line is smaller on the website :confused:

If only he had worn a mask, he wouldn't have needlessly died from the parasite..!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How many more lives with the new york times claim?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hihohe posted:

Its not really a comic but i like this piece of art.
https://twitter.com/itslittletunny/status/1265662535220543494?s=20

The black panthers are turning clansmen into police officers.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

the_steve posted:

The problem is that he's implying that it's the Conservative Mouthpiece who is all on board with wearing a mask in order to save people and that it is the Stupid Baby Democrats who want to stop wearing masks because it's inconvenient.
That's the big one. Though a smaller yet still important problem is that they're framing it as "common sense" which it definitely isn't, because masks are typically seen as self-protection, and also because conservatives everywhere will say and do literally anything they want and call it "common sense" anyway.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Blast destroys one of country's oldest known Aboriginal heritage sites (Sydney Morning Herald).

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Sally McManus (Sec. Aus. Council of Trade Unions), Scott Morrison (PM), Jennifer Westacott (Chief Exec. Business Council of Australia). In the tent, opposition leader Antony Albanese. Unclear who is at the fire, probably Tony Burke (Shadow Minister for Industrial Relations).
The meeting for JobMaker involves bringing together the unions which represent Labor's industrial wing together with the government and business but leaving out Labor's parliamentary wing from the discussion, which may hurt Albanese if an accord can be struck (key word being "if").

Knight:

There is spin that JobMaker will be like Hawke's Prices and Incomes Accord of the eighties as long as you squint and forget which party Morrison is in along with everything he has ever said or done.

Wilcox:

Prime Minister ScorpMo.

Zanetti:

Left, Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk. Right, Senator Pauline Hanson of Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party (featuring Pauline Hanson).
Open Queensland borders by 4pm tomorrow or I'll take you to court, Pauline Hanson tells state government (SBS).

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Abraham Lincoln, noted for being president during the covid-19 pandemic.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Payne is really gunning for Rob Smith’s “Most Ignorant Fucker” crown.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Hey, I've been saying it for, like, two years now, but you all always shouted me down.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes how DARE you imply that Payne is a dumb motherfucker

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That Payne is some next-level stupid.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Yeah, I imagine most people don't want to get their goodies grabbed by a known sexual predator. You fuckin figured it out, payne.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've only ever seen chastity belts in stupid movies like Robin Hood Men in Tights so I've never been sure if they were meant to prevent women from seeking sex or to prevent men from raping them. I'm not completely sure which meaning is being conveyed by that cartoon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've only ever seen chastity belts in stupid movies like Robin Hood Men in Tights so I've never been sure if they were meant to prevent women from seeking sex or to prevent men from raping them. I'm not completely sure which meaning is being conveyed by that cartoon.

they were never in widespread non-fetish use

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Samurai Sanders posted:

Back then, those were considered the same thing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hihohe posted:

What do you think is the difference between a cartoon and art? Labels? Crosshatching?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Hihohe posted:

This is super, ultra good.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Payne is a master artist in idiocy. You have to WORK to be that stupid.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lareine posted:

Payne is a master artist in idiocy. You have to WORK to be that stupid.

I think the phrase is "willfully dense."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

cant cook creole bream posted:

Back then, those were considered the same thing.
Then I guess my question is, is the character in that cartoon expecting to be sexually harassed? Or expecting to "accidentally" harass somebody and needs the chastity belt to prevent it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Then I guess my question is, is the character in that cartoon expecting to be sexually harassed? Or expecting to "accidentally" harass somebody and needs the chastity belt to prevent it?

Well it says to prevent the scandalnot the rape...

I mean as drawn by Payne it's a just a whiney baby afraid of nothing serious but the above is my interpretation of it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

The latter. "If I physically can't take my dick out then there's no way I can be successfully accused of sexual harassment!"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Note quite what I was expecting from Garrison

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I am pretty sure people in the thread were joking about this already.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Count Roland posted:

Note quite what I was expecting from Garrison

From Garrison, I'm guessing this is coming from a place of "stop damaging the merchandise" rather than actual decency

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Garrison has an old history of hating cops. I think he begrudgingly accepts them under the Trump administration but knows when a democrat is elected they will become a tool of the globalists he hates. An instance of a broken digital clock right once a day maybe

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

and of course, also:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lol that first one really screams, "they caught me without a seatbelts one time and now cops are the devil forever!:bahgawd:"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hihohe posted:

Lol that first one really screams, "they caught me without a seatbelts one time and now cops are the devil forever!:bahgawd:"

It's pretty much an unironic version of the Kelly drinking and driving one

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

which, lest we forget, itself was a parody of when the mallard filmore guy completely, unironically did that after he got arrested for a DUI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Why did person one even bring Gizmo out during the daytime