Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The primary reason I hacked my VitaTV was to use a plug-in a 64GB USB memory fob as the main memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Waltzing Along posted:

I decided to hack my vita tv out of curiosity. It went pretty well and when I was done I thought I'd do my old Vita, as well. I was going to format it and was looking to see what was installed and noticed PSX and PSP games. This led me to thinking: why did I put adrenaline on the TV? If the Vita can already run PSP and PSX stuff, why put an extra layer on there?

What am I missing?

Crisis Core.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1265747331674255360?s=19

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I fuckin own def jam fight for ny on psp but can't get it on vita apparently without a PS3. I don't have one. Can I just :files: it and drop it with content manager?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
If you have a hacked Vita with Adrenaline installed, you can install npdrm_free and just copy over the PSP/GAME directory from your memory stick. No :filez: needed.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It’s May 2020 and I just bought a Vita. Unfortunately the memory card it came with seems to be a bootleg. Where can I get a legit one?

Edit: Any reason not to just get one of these microSD adapters?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 29, 2020

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Did you buy a new Vita or an OLED vita? You can hack a Vita 2000 without a memory card and use sd2vita instead.

If you got an OLED, buy the cheapest 4GB official card you can find on ebay from a reputed seller, and use it to hack a Vita and install sd2vita.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

Edit: Any reason not to just get one of these microSD adapters?
The only real downside to them is that you can't use them with cartridge games. The solution to that is to install NoNpDrm, run the game, then use Vita Shell to make a dump of it and copy it onto your SD card. Then copy the NoNpDrm license file to the correct location and you can run all your cartridge games from SD.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do SD2Vita any way you can. Dont gently caress with the sony cards at all

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ignis posted:

Did you buy a new Vita or an OLED vita? You can hack a Vita 2000 without a memory card and use sd2vita instead.

If you got an OLED, buy the cheapest 4GB official card you can find on ebay from a reputed seller, and use it to hack a Vita and install sd2vita.

Yeah I got the 2000 and went ahead and ordered the sd2vita.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.amazon.com.au/Funturbo-Ultimate-Version-SD2Vita-Adapter/dp/B07F63FPT3

Is this one ok?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

v5 or v6 (the white ones) are fine, they're generic adapters so go for whichoever's got a reputable seller. Buy a couple if you can.

v5 and v6 look the same from the front, but v6 is a bit easier to clean if the contacts ever get dirty.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.
I was all set to go the SD2Vita route when I picked one up this past week, but then I discovered that, in addition to being in great condition, the Vita I bought from this craigslist moving sale had a 32GB memory card inside, too. Needless to say, I was quite pleased. Benefits of buying things locally vs. buying on ebay, I suppose.

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on whether it's worth it to get a grip for the system - I find it a bit uncomfortable to hold for extended periods right now, but not terribly so. Vita accessories seem like a true wild west situation, though, so I'm hesitant to try and grab anything. Beyond that, do Vita/PSP games ever get discounted on PSN nowadays? The whole reason I bought the system was to play the Legend of Heroes games and a few other RPGs that I had missed, and I'm wondering whether they'll ever be discounted. Bit the bullet and bought Persona 4 Golden for full price, sad I missed the sale last month!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kikuchiyo posted:

I was all set to go the SD2Vita route when I picked one up this past week, but then I discovered that, in addition to being in great condition, the Vita I bought from this craigslist moving sale had a 32GB memory card inside, too. Needless to say, I was quite pleased. Benefits of buying things locally vs. buying on ebay, I suppose.

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on whether it's worth it to get a grip for the system - I find it a bit uncomfortable to hold for extended periods right now, but not terribly so. Vita accessories seem like a true wild west situation, though, so I'm hesitant to try and grab anything. Beyond that, do Vita/PSP games ever get discounted on PSN nowadays? The whole reason I bought the system was to play the Legend of Heroes games and a few other RPGs that I had missed, and I'm wondering whether they'll ever be discounted. Bit the bullet and bought Persona 4 Golden for full price, sad I missed the sale last month!

I've had a grip on both my launch and slim Vitas since day 1 and find it much more comfortable to play with. I use this one for my slim.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do SD2Vita and sell that 32gb card for cash money on eBay

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do SD2Vita and sell that 32gb card for cash money on eBay

Thing will practically have paid for itself at that point. For a 2000-series with internal memory and all the add-ons installed to ur0, would I need to do much beyond transfer everything over from the memory card to the SD2Vita and then switch that to be ux0?

And thanks for the recommendation on grip. Nice that it's still available to buy and not being sold for 10x on eBay like the Hori remote play grip. What a crazy little secondary market

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I haven't gotten around to buying a grip, which I always regret when playing something requiring both sticks

Getting a SD2Vita is probably worth it just for the added peace of mind. Higher capacity Vita cards have spotty reliability.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

i have hacked my vita and now i feel powerful

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Username/post combo

Make the vita your bitch. Suck it down

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Username/post combo

Make the vita your bitch. Suck it down

im gonna play the doa beach volleyball sequel

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

one of the guys responsible for getting the n64 emulator running on vita, says he's gonna try porting a dreamcast emulator (!)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rinkles posted:

one of the guys responsible for getting the n64 emulator running on vita, says he's gonna try porting a dreamcast emulator (!)

wow i can finally play the definitive edition of grandia 2 on my ps vita

i tell you this is what is best in life

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was gonna say we just got the n64 emulator working acceptably how will Dreamcast ever work? But Dreamcast is probably way less wonky from an architecture standpoint.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Not much is as lovely as the N64 was

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

as lovely as the N64 was

it's not like it's finished. first preliminary release was what, a month ago?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

No I mean the console itself, as well as just about every attempt at emulating it since release. For the longest time the best way to emulate N64 was to use injected VC WADs in Dolphin.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the ps1 was the dark horse champion in an age of runners up. the n64... well, it tried, which is more than can be said for the jaguar

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If I do SD2Vita am I still able to play my regular cartridges?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
vita means

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bowmore posted:

If I do SD2Vita am I still able to play my regular cartridges?

Not at the same time, but you could always dump them

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If I want to hack my Vita, but my FW is 3.73, am I stuck with having to re-install homebrew after every system reboot?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

If I want to hack my Vita, but my FW is 3.73, am I stuck with having to re-install homebrew after every system reboot?

There's a downgrader available, modoru V2 is necessary for 3.73 though if you try and use the original version it'll poo poo the bed hard.

Oh and you need to check your factory firmware was at least as low as the firmware you're trying to downgrade to or it'll also poo poo the bed hard.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What’s the best way to overclock the vita? I think there are a couple of n64 games that would be about perfect with the overclock

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What’s the best way to overclock the vita? I think there are a couple of n64 games that would be about perfect with the overclock

I believe PSVshell is what's recommened nowadays, but I haven't done any overclocking myself yet. Besides not having a degenerate name, it works with Adrenaline, and does some other stuff better than that other one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks like the Vita is in its death throes. Assuming the P4G rumors are true, that is.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It has a support page for Denuvo on their own website, it's basically confirmed now. I hate this DRM, but if it's $20, I'll just buy the game a 3rd time (PS2, Vita, PC/Steam).

I think I only put in an hour or two on the VitaTV, picked it up too soon after finishing vanilla P4. Now we (or just me if not you rest) pray Atlus/Sega enjoys money enough to bring even more properties to PC.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wonder what version P3 gets. P3P with PS2 assets would probably be the best, but that might require Atlus Japan to help, and they don't seem eager.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks like the Vita is in its death throes. Assuming the P4G rumors are true, that is.

Unlike the past couple of years, when it's been thriving

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Unlike the past couple of years, when it's been thriving

Utawarerumono only came out in the last two weeks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

How did this post from 2012 get here?