Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Weapons don't have to be found in raid to sell, like before, but everything else is still found in raid only to sell on flea.

So that means all the components and stuff too, because what would be the purpose of selling off bare receivers. But can you list them separately still or will we be seeing a lovely grey market of top end optics on the cheapest mounts possible. Still, all the gun barbie you want, but no armor or ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Mondian posted:

So that means all the components and stuff too, because what would be the purpose of selling off bare receivers. But can you list them separately still or will we be seeing a lovely grey market of top end optics on the cheapest mounts possible. Still, all the gun barbie you want, but no armor or ammo

I don't know if that applies to attachments not mounted on a gun, just reading the patch notes. Would be weird and interesting if it only applied to guns. It'd really require you to be knowledgeable about a gun's mods, I suppose.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Fingers crossed the new audio works as intended.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

Jarf posted:

Fingers crossed the new audio works as intended.

The fact that it's not on by default makes me believe they just shoved it in this patch late. It's really the only thing I'm looking forward to more than the maps because god is the sound broken in this game.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Liquid Banjo posted:

The fact that it's not on by default makes me believe they just shoved it in this patch late. It's really the only thing I'm looking forward to more than the maps because god is the sound broken in this game.

I feel exactly the same way. Nikita said to expect to “thinks it’s bugged because it’s so different”, but assured it’s the way it’s supposed to be.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
People I've been watching have said the steam audio seems good, so who knows.

Love to see endless brain geniuses in twitch chat complaining about not being able to play, asking if this is happening to anyone else, and getting mad that streamers are in the game when this has happened every wipe due to overloaded servers and every site where people talk about tarkov has had warnings about this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it happens in literally every game ever made with servers and any kind of significant population and a big patch or event and no one ever seems to retain a memory of it

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

“I paid $150 for this premium edition and I can’t even play what a scam”

“Streamers are put into priority queue”

“Was wipe today?”

“Steam audio was not added”

“How are you in the game”

Imagine being so dense you drop into a twitch chat of 5k people to ask simple questions that are solved instantly with a simple google search.

Personally I’ve been able to start the game but it always locks up network wise when trying adjust my inventory. Just going to wait for playable time.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

first raid, not bad

also thank god for neutering hatchetrunners selling to the flea, god bless baste nikita

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6iw9qcI0vo

bringing this poo poo back

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

The new binaural audio is great. You can actually tell which direction things are in. Seems like it makes everything quieter overall so just turn your speakers/headphones up a bit.

You're a trollop.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jarf posted:

The new binaural audio is great.

Is it something you have to enable? I'm currently having issues hearing people even when they're right on top of me, is it easier to hear people with steam sound?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Is it something you have to enable? I'm currently having issues hearing people even when they're right on top of me, is it easier to hear people with steam sound?

It’s disabled by default, under sound settings, and requires a game restart.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Yeah it's a checkbox under sound then you have to restart the game after enabling.

I'd say it's harder to hear generally because the sound overall is quieter but it's miles better for actually telling which direction and how far away things are.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i think i'll try it in a couple of days once people aren't having trouble getting past the launcher

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jarf posted:

Yeah it's a checkbox under sound then you have to restart the game after enabling.

I'd say it's harder to hear generally because the sound overall is quieter but it's miles better for actually telling which direction and how far away things are.

Wait till it rains. Goddamn the rain is deafening in the lovely lvl1 headphones.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hey guys has wipe happened yet? guys?? anyone know when the wipe is

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
every minute there's like 10 people asking pestily what level he is or where are the new weapons and maps

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

hey guys has wipe happened yet? guys?? anyone know when the wipe is

when is wipe? guys hello?

why is everyone not seeing my messages?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I have been matching for three days, should I restart the game?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The audio differenc eis night and day, i don't know why it's not enabled by default aside from the fear of a thousand neckbeards screaming that a thing is different.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Shannow posted:

the fear of a thousand neckbeards screaming that a thing is different.

This

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Was doing a scav raid, was making out like a bandit when some player scav with poo poo aim started to shoot me. But he caught me proning, so I was trying to hit C fast to stand up.

I hit V instead

Stood up and pointed my knife at him. By the time I got my mosin out he hit me in the hit finally.

Edit: Also I just got killed by an invisible silent scav.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 29, 2020

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Items in your rear end losing find in raid status if you die is going to make a lot of quests absolutely loving brutal for your average or below average player. There needs to be some other condition where that poo poo counts for quests but you can't sell on the flea, because god drat.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fknlo posted:

Items in your rear end losing find in raid status if you die is going to make a lot of quests absolutely loving brutal for your average or below average player. There needs to be some other condition where that poo poo counts for quests but you can't sell on the flea, because god drat.

yeah every 'find in raid' quest is now equivalent to a 'pick up and item and exfil with it' quest, except many many many times over.

The worst most tedious poo poo is 5x as bad an as tedious now.

Just obnoxiously stupid what they've done to this game.

All to pander to the :reddit: sewer rat people and their idiotic whining about 'hatchet runner'

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watch out if you are playing solo. Came across a gang of 4 scavs...

Edit: I have not survived a single scav or PMC raid today :smith:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 29, 2020

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

IronicDongz posted:

every minute there's like 10 people asking pestily what level he is

Level 20 as of 9:15 PST. :bsdsnype:

Something Pestily said today just had me scratching my head. He was bemoaning his lack of money at a certain point in the game, but when his chat suggested he just do a few money runs, he turned up his nose and with the most Tryhard tone of voice said no because "I want to play the game as it is meant to."

:what:

The game is basically a bunch of mercenaries (sorry, private military contractors :rolleyes:) running around playing "Who's the biggest loot goblin on the map?" and the idea of just doing runs to grab some goodies and make the big bucks is somehow antithetical to this concept? Dude, if you wanna be a whore, suck some dicks.

Doodles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 29, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

hakimashou posted:

yeah every 'find in raid' quest is now equivalent to a 'pick up and item and exfil with it' quest, except many many many times over.

The worst most tedious poo poo is 5x as bad an as tedious now.

Just obnoxiously stupid what they've done to this game.

All to pander to the :reddit: sewer rat people and their idiotic whining about 'hatchet runner'

yeah i'll be taking a break from it for a few wipes i think

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Doodles posted:

Something Pestily said today just had me scratching my head. He was bemoaning his lack of money at a certain point in the game, but when his chat suggested he just do a few money runs, he turned up his nose and with the most Tryhard tone of voice said no because "I want to play the game as it is meant to."

The game is basically a bunch of mercenaries (sorry, private military contractors :rolleyes:) running around playing "Who's the biggest loot goblin on the map?" and the idea of just doing runs to grab some goodies and make the big bucks is somehow antithetical to this concept? Dude, if you wanna be a whore, suck some dicks.

Pestily seems like a good dude but I've stopped watching him. He got real whiny when his chat pushed back about all these changes and how they hurt casual players and he acted like they were stupid rather than see that he lacked perspective. Same reason why Nikita has those group chats to announce changes and surrounds himself with streamers so they can all tell him how smart he is. Hell I'd even take an online-but-scav-only mode that only gives 50% xp or something.

The items aren't in raid anymore if you die thing doesn't even make sense. Yes I found that in a raid. You're punishing me because I pre-ordered your game and you gave me a safe container to put things in?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Patch 0.13.2: Traders no longer buy items that are not found in raid

Reddit rejoices that the hatchlings are slain

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

In the more than two years I've owned this game this is the first time I've remembered to play anywhere close to the beginning of a wipe. It's crazy how much of a difference it makes when pretty much no one has the good poo poo yet. I'm normally lucky to even make it out alive with a single kill on a non-scav player but my body and I had multiple raids today where we picked up 2-3 kills each.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Doodles posted:

he's friends with nikita and nikita has said that he doesn't like when players rush having a fat stash of money and endgame loot as fast as possible, and that's probably part of why pestily has been focusing on doing quests.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i for one have very much enjoyed this last update, i've yet to see any hatchetbros running around :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cant care about hachetrunners still and its t minus 5 minutes until people work out a new thing to do, not a good idea to start t rying to kick out casual players though

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

god forbid players actually bring weapons into the game :ohdear:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

people are still going to hatchet run, you can just extract. you only need 600xp or to be in round for 10 minutes now, and you can still vendor the stuff. its a pretty dumb change.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Stux posted:

people are still going to hatchet run, you can just extract. you only need 600xp or to be in round for 10 minutes now, and you can still vendor the stuff. its a pretty dumb change.

i'm fine with hatchet running, just not when you rush electronics, suicide, repeat.

reserve actually has people in it now, not 60% hatchet runners and it's fresh wipe

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Yeah worst case someone might be flat broke and have to shove stuff up their rear end because they’re under level 10, and sell to dealers for a basic kit of gear.

Still probably better off doing a scav run, but if you had to...

Edit: And aren’t trader seeds prices rear end anyways?

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 29, 2020

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Haha, "non-balistic replica" :allears: At least now you can put a flashlight in the "Gear" slot of a helmet, so this does have it's use. And of course it will still take a faceshield, so it's not as useless as it might seem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Stux posted:

it's great actually that people are incentivized to actually extract after doing a loot run instead of suiciding or disconnecting