Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I'm kind of annoyed that they gave away "to save SHIELD, we have to save Hydra" in the trailers, because Koenig's casual "old man Mallick" line was perfectly timed for maximum "wait, what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh we could also see Whitehall again since he is kicking around now.

Or Sky's mom!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I hate to point it out, but you must be aware that that is not the name of that character.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hope we get Koenigs through the century as a result of all this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

To save SHIELD, we have to steal the Declaration of Independance.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Erev posted:

Unrelated: That Speakeasy password.... I'm thinking that they chose 1931 just for that joke.
I didn't get it. What's the significance of "swordfish?"

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqec8WrEQQ

EDIT: Horse Feathers is 1932

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 28, 2020

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Has it been confirmed they are time hopping around? It is the majority of the season 1931 NYC?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

teacup posted:

Has it been confirmed they are time hopping around? It is the majority of the season 1931 NYC?

Poster for this season has a variety of different era appropriate fashion.

Plus we've got to go back in time and see the origin of Nora Zehetner's character, who was channelling Raina so loving hard this ep.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

teacup posted:

I get the impression they'll be going throughout history.

Clark Gregg pretty much confirmed they'll be going to the 50s and maybe the 80s.

https://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-7-time-travel-clark-gregg/

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 29, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I hope some parts are more straightforward morally. "We have to let this bad stuff happen to preserve history" can be fun but is way overdone and loses the sheen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I hope some parts are more straightforward morally. "We have to let this bad stuff happen to preserve history" can be fun but is way overdone and loses the sheen.

I do like the idea that HYDRA and SHIELD are so closely linked one can't exist without the other, so we get the most unlikely team up in the most unlikely way against a somehow bigger threat.

Just as long as we don't hang out here and agonize over moral decisions so we can all move on, I'm deffo onboard.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
drat, I forgot this is back. I need to catch up and gif stuff.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
It's also worth remembering that this isn't actually a case of them saving Hydra, it's more a case of them saving a "good kid" who we just so happen to know will eventually turn bad. If we don't know Freddy's name, we're entirely on board with saving him and allowing history to proceed as it would. It's certainly arguable that it's therefore the moral thing to save him, whatever he later becomes. And I kinda hope our heroes would save him even if he wasn't the thread the chronicoms were pulling at to unravel SHIELD.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Masonity posted:

It's also worth remembering that this isn't actually a case of them saving Hydra, it's more a case of them saving a "good kid" who we just so happen to know will eventually turn bad. If we don't know Freddy's name, we're entirely on board with saving him and allowing history to proceed as it would. It's certainly arguable that it's therefore the moral thing to save him, whatever he later becomes. And I kinda hope our heroes would save him even if he wasn't the thread the chronicoms were pulling at to unravel SHIELD.

Jemma would 100% watch him die if she could get away with it.

She might feel bad about it later but she's fully embraced being ringu torture scientist without Fitz to balance her.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

PunkBoy posted:

drat, I forgot this is back. I need to catch up and gif stuff.

Make sure to get that chronicom saying "there may be screaming" then breaking out that creepy smile lmao

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
To save shield we need to not tip anyone off about the Holocaust.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

The image just popped into my head of time travel scientists trying to figure out how to do the most good while minimizing changes to history. "Okay, if we kill Hitler any time before June 6, 1940 it leads to a paradox reality where time travel isn't invented. Jenkins, go back to the archives and figure out a time after that when it would disrupt the rest of their military before someone else took over, we can probably get away with giving the Maquis a heads up."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jemma's affect reminds me of how a lot of health care workers act in severe trauma cases. Like a really horrific accident or gunshot wound. Its a focused disengagement that allows you to not see the person but instead the case and the work to be done. You can't be thinking about the person while doing alot of complicated procedures and decision making that requires your full attention.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Argue posted:

Fitz is gonna be an old man when we see him next isn't he :(

My guess is that he will be, but they'll just lop off that part of his personal timeline, deliberately paradoxing out his perfection of time travel and letting him live out his life with Simmons. It's not like this Fitz isn't already the result of a time-loop and amputation.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

I do like the idea that HYDRA and SHIELD are so closely linked one can't exist without the other, so we get the most unlikely team up in the most unlikely way against a somehow bigger threat.

Just as long as we don't hang out here and agonize over moral decisions so we can all move on, I'm deffo onboard.
I said it when the trailer dropped, but I'm super not into writers bending over backwards to come up with reasons why we need to help Nazis.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Speaking of bending over backwards...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

They actually have to give the idea to Himmler to save SHIELD

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

swickles posted:

Also Simmons says Coulson is taking in two years worth of data from his last framework scan, so its probably not much longer than that. Like for Fitzsimmons it's probably been a couple months.

I think they are uploading 2 years of updates so he is in synch with us as viewers and Quake, Mac etc.
I think it's pretty telling that Simmonds dodged saying how long it has been for them multiple times, I'm guessing years not months.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Coulson binged all of both season 5 and 6 in his mind in 2 minutes, yeah

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Slashrat posted:

Coulson binged all of both season 5 and 6 in his mind in 2 minutes, yeah

Reminds me of when Fitz had to catch up with all of season five in the span of a couple of minutes. Him dying, finding out he got married, then Coulson dying... I don't think he even noticed Yoyo's hands. I rememeber Jemma is trying to cheer him up by telling him "there was a lot of death, yes, but there was also beauty!" and Fitz is all "what, more death than this?" just as Coulson walks in.

It really made me realize how dark season five really was.

Azhais posted:

They actually have to give the idea to Himmler to save SHIELD

But they have to make him think he had the idea himself, and to do this they have to go six layers deep into his dreams...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's not the real Gemma. Gemma and Fitz are old now. It took a while.

I mean, I'm guessing.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's not the real Gemma. Gemma and Fitz are old now. It took a while.

I mean, I'm guessing.

Yeah she is absolutely going to get mortally wounded in a dramatic way and be an LMD.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah she is absolutely going to get mortally wounded in a dramatic way and be an LMD.

Y'all are too dark sometimes. Gemma and Fitz are gonna have a happy ending because you can't stop Drs. Leroy and Ringu M.D.s

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hoping for a 50s mini-arc that gives some closure to Agent Carter. Maybe we'll see Hayley Atwell and Dominic Cooper (or John Slattery).

If the Disney+ Loki series is following the Loki that stole the Tesseract in the first Avengers, couldn't pre-death Coulson technically show up in that show? I don't recall if that scene from Endgame took place before or after Coulson was killed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Hoping for a 50s mini-arc that gives some closure to Agent Carter. Maybe we'll see Hayley Atwell and Dominic Cooper (or John Slattery).

If the Disney+ Loki series is following the Loki that stole the Tesseract in the first Avengers, couldn't pre-death Coulson technically show up in that show? I don't recall if that scene from Endgame took place before or after Coulson was killed.

He died before the battle of NY. So Coulson is dead when Loki escapes.

They said Sousa is gonna be in the show. Unless they're saving Atwell for a surprise cameo, she probably won't be in it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

Y'all are too dark sometimes. Gemma and Fitz are gonna have a happy ending because you can't stop Drs. Leroy and Ringu M.D.s

Oh no, they get a happy ending, they're just old now. Nothing wrong with that!q

EDIT: Deke gets to meet baby Deke.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA2qeoUAQkU/

Clark Gregg seems p cool

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Admittedly I don't pay attention to this as closely as everyone else, but wasn't hydra supposed to be some inhuman worshiping secret society that's been around at least a few centuries? Or at least one of their endless branches. In fact red skull was just another branch because there's always a new bad guy and that bad guy is always just a previously unknown branch of hydra. So why is hydra suddenly about to get founded for the first time in the 1930s?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Not founding, but this guy's son was one of the major leaders. He's handing off some serum important enough to get him into that position so if you take him out along with the serum you disrupt one of the guiding forces and a plan that may take their teeth out entirely. Hydra pre-Skull/Whitehall/Malik was, as I understand it, more of a Skull&Bones-esque old boys' club with a death cult base. If you disrupt that public militant swerve then you disrupt Captain America and the SRR/Shield.

They don't need to kill Hydra, just keep it in the shadows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
in AoS its pretty clear that Red Skulls Hydra and the US Hydra were completely separate heads. I could see the US branch being more focused on economic and political power opposed to Red Skulls military and scientific focus.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

in AoS its pretty clear that Red Skulls Hydra and the US Hydra were completely separate heads. I could see the US branch being more focused on economic and political power opposed to Red Skulls military and scientific focus.

Wasn't one of the gags from back them, the US Hydra getting upset that people kept calling them Nazis?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

GigaPeon posted:

Wasn't one of the gags from back them, the US Hydra getting upset that people kept calling them Nazis?

"Please, we prefer IBM."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

May beat a literal machine programmed to fight. Love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I hope we get an Enoch-Koenig spinoff. I'd watch the poo poo out of that.