Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
i did poorly in college because i was lazy and didn’t go to class and played lots of video games. it’s a miracle i was not expelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SRQ posted:

Multitasking godmode is shitposting on discord while still contributing to a discussion, but I think I gave myself ADD doing this.

is there any other way to participate in any discussion?

diagnosed adhd and the idea of trying to do just one thing at once is still almost unfathomable

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SRQ posted:

mostly same except due to my first few years being an idiot my gpa crashed and I got kicked out.
My average in 400 courses is like, 3.3 or something while my average for 100 is 1.7 lol

Multitasking godmode is shitposting on discord while still contributing to a discussion, but I think I gave myself ADD doing this.

wow do you need adderall to fully concentrate on shitposting now?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
your gpa doesnt matter beyond your first job (even if then, my first job didnt even care if i had a degree) slack away imo!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
is this the thread where we all unzip to compare gpas?

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

when I was interviewing for jobs after college one recruiter asked about my SAT score

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Including a GPA on your resume is a good way to make me very suspicious of your resume.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you're supposed to brag about how low your gpa was

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
yeah nobody cares about your college gpa, except for grad schools. if that's your plan for after graduation then you have to pay some attention to it

i don't include it on my resume but wouldn't judge someone who does, unless their gpa was under 3.5 in which case i would question their judgment to be bragging about it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yeah nobody cares about your college gpa, except for grad schools. if that's your plan for after graduation then you have to pay some attention to it

i don't include it on my resume but wouldn't judge someone who does, unless their gpa was under 3.5 in which case i would question their judgment to be bragging about it

there are companies that ask for that as well as weirdo companies that ask for sat/act scores, even from people who aren't recent grads

a good indicator of a lovely workplace

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
I can't read my own writing (when done at note taking speed), it's honestly that bad.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

sat scores popular for people cargo culting googs 2007 hiring practices lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

PCjr sidecar posted:

sat scores popular for people cargo culting googs 2007 hiring practices lol

Jfc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

ya i find great value in writing things down like that, helps clarify my understanding. just not like, during class, when i'm trying to listen to the professor talk

absolutely. there’s been dozens of times I’ve had a problem and came to the forums to ask, and while writing the post, I’m forced to make the question make sense obviously, and often in the process of writing the question the solution becomes apparent

have been thinking a little bit lately about how consciousness actually has no problem with gaps or inconsistencies within the appearances in consiouaness. it’s only when we involve our cognition do we notice things missing or wrong.
this is why dreams can make no sense and be constantly inconsistent, but consciousness has no problem with this and doesn’t complain at all.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

sat scores, like a lot of other indicators in this thread, are proof of how privileged your upbringing was.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

you're supposed to brag about how low your gpa was

I honesty didn’t even know you could get a distinction or whatever on your degree until graduation and some others got them. I certainly didn’t lmao.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You know who got bad grades, and good grades? That's right, steve and tim. Makes ya think

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i crushed the subject i studied and didnt care enough about anything else to do well in it. this is the pro way to do college because it leaves plenty of time to drink & gently caress.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
INTJ here, natch - like Albert Einstein, but I just didn't apply myself. Let's Briggs

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Vomik posted:

INTJ here, natch - like Albert Einstein, but I just didn't apply myself. Let's Briggs

lol

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i crushed the subject i studied and didnt care enough about anything else to do well in it. this is the pro way to do college because it leaves plenty of time to drink & gently caress.

Diary of a Gifted Kid - The Making of a Yosposter, by Kotex God of Blood. Fascinating read for all

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Vomik posted:

green, yellow, blue, red

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm TMJ

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Beamed posted:

sat scores, like a lot of other indicators in this thread, are proof of how privileged your upbringing was.

yacht is to regatta as your posts are to
  1. a toilet
  2. the sewer
  3. a septic tank
  4. the waste treatment plant

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

no all of the above, instant ignore

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

had a job in germany a couple of years back which had me submit not only my college, but also high school grades. the job also required a phd.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

had a job in germany a couple of years back which had me submit not only my college, but also high school grades. the job also required a phd.

to be fair there are just so many amateurs trying to land gigs sniffing ballsacks out there

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Not unusual in Germany. Many think that high school grade reveal something about the “character” of the applicants.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Pumprag posted:

Not unusual in Germany. Many think that high school grade reveal something about the “character” of the applicants.

and by character they mean social class

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pumprag posted:

jfc

i used to put something like "copies of diplomas & transcripts provided upon request" at the end of my cover letters but i was never asked once so i stopped (denmark)

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

got the new SE, retired my old SE. first impressions: why must phones be so loving big now i can't use this comfortably with one hand. didn't steve jobs have something to say about this once

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0gtsjfy7E

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

man, those were the good ol' days

even the ad, "hey, we designed this product like this for a reason, here's why, we think you're going to love it"

now it's all some aspirational lifestyle bullshit

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Linguica posted:

got the new SE, retired my old SE. first impressions: why must phones be so loving big now i can't use this comfortably with one hand. didn't steve jobs have something to say about this once

i just replaced the battery in my se (old) and its running great, would recommend

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

look at that disgusting real hand. tim would be horrified. thankfully technology has removed the need for such depravity.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple was the last to go into hugephones, the market demanded it. remember the iPhone 5 longphone, and the amount of ridicule it received when it came out.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jenny Agutter posted:

i just replaced the battery in my se (old) and its running great, would recommend

yeah why did you buy a new phone? my old SE still works great

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

man, those were the good ol' days

even the ad, "hey, we designed this product like this for a reason, here's why, we think you're going to love it"

now it's all some aspirational lifestyle bullshit

you can uhhh play minecraft in virtual if you stare at your phone the whole time

or shoot a photo in perfec tconditions and expert use of photoshop

we think you're going to buy it regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

we think you're going to buy it regardless

truer words were never written