Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Protesters smashed in the front door, stormed into the building, chased every cop out, began dismantling the building. Then an alarm begins blazing, someone screams to get everyone out, there's a dramatic escape to the outside.

Then fireworks.

This is unreal. I keep expecting to see the end credits.

holy gently caress. its like le mis but it ends better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rynoto posted:

And apparently oxygen tanks? Scary stuff dealing with explosions.

very unclear if that was just some rando repeating a rumor or what

the UR streamer didn't mention it and hasn't talked about it

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Ali Velshi is currently reporting live in front of a burning liquor store in Minneapolis.

So when Trmup asked everyone to vote for him, "what have you got to lose?" here we are.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Some comments are saying that's actually the liquor store across the street? :ohdear:

Arglebargle III posted:

The UR guy said that they had to dig deep in the budget to build it and that some sort of school thing didn't get funded.

Ah, further proof the fuckers are just parasites in the system. Gouged a bunch of money out of the system that could have been used to make the place nicer and instead built a bonfire.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CuddleCryptid posted:

And all it would have taken is to arrest the murderer. They didn't even need to throw him in front of a judge tonight, just do anything other than what they did, ie make an imperial guard outside his house.

That's the dumbest thing. Like, just loving arrest and charge the pricks. They could solve this problem trivially, but they do not wish to, because they don't give a gently caress about Black lives, they don't give a gently caress about these neighbourhoods, they care about maintaining white supremacy and no cost is too great for them to bear in its service.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

eke out posted:

very unclear if that was just some rando repeating a rumor or what

the UR streamer didn't mention it and hasn't talked about it

Earlier Unicorn Riot heard a rumor of people dragging a propane tank into the building, but you know, huge pile of salt since it's literally a street rumor.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

The Sean posted:

Again, thats a fascist account youre responding to.

That's why youre repeating the same conversation. Theyre dishonestly posting to waste our time.

I'm not a fascist you loving weirdo. Stop larping your revolution

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202225677910022

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

seems kinda sus

You know, I'm not on board with random twitter people going, "This guy definitely did it! Let's get him!" We've seen online mobs chase down the wrong person too many times and there's even examples of it happening today with the protests.

That said, a denial from fascists who regularly lie poorly about their own crimes just makes it seem more likely to be accurate.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 29, 2020

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

PT6A posted:

That's the dumbest thing. Like, just loving arrest and charge the pricks. They could solve this problem trivially, but they do not wish to, because they don't give a gently caress about Black lives, they don't give a gently caress about these neighbourhoods, they care about maintaining white supremacy and no cost is too great for them to bear in its service.

you can hold them like 72 hours without charging them

even holding them would have been enough to stop half of the protesters instead.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

There might not be a debate going on, but this feels like a fine time to tviv.

Reminds me of the Berlin Wall doing down live on TV.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

xerxus posted:

you can hold them like 72 hours without charging them

Can you not upgrade charges after filing in the US?

A crime has clearly been committed here; even if you don't want to charge murder at first, there's loving sure something you can charge and hold them on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress the third precinct. they started this poo poo by killing that dude and than firing on the protesters because they are mad that their roose bolton looking cop friend got caught. yeah i feel bad for the mom and pop poo poo. but this place and target arnt that. also, thousands are dying/sick of preventable plague and the economy is dying and unemployment is at 25% at least. the president doesn't give a gently caress and cares more about being a loving karen on twitter. gently caress him and gently caress the 3rd.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

PT6A posted:

The only answer I can come up with is that they love racism and brutality more than they love order and private property. They claim to care about those things, sure, but they belie it every time they take actions which very predictably lead to riots and destruction. They don't give a gently caress about property, any more than they give a gently caress about Black lives, because they don't take the most obvious, dumbass, easy steps they could take to prevent this sort of riot from ever happening again. Property is nothing to them; they care only about the defense of white supremacy, and they will gladly watch 1000 Targets and Autozones burn to maintain it.
More than anything they love a hierarchical society over an egalitarian one, and they will sacrifice (at least temporarily) law and order, and private property, to maintain that hierarchy. Basically all the ways we are allowed to interact in society including capitalism itself down to the tip of the spear - the police - is designed to reinforce that hierarchy. It must be protected at all costs. Allow people to get used to the idea that they have some kind of real control over the police, and maybe they'll start to think they should be the masters of other cogs in the machine of social order, and pretty soon you don't have that hierarchy anymore.

Plus they're figuring on this giving them carte blanche to crack skulls even more, once they're no longer under the microscope.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Street sign finally came down

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Guy on stream says it's a tobacco store on fire, which I guess makes sense.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Illuminti posted:

I'm not a fascist you loving weirdo. Stop larping your revolution

Illuminti posted:

Imagine if they'd done this without looting local peoples stores and ransacking target....

Illuminti posted:

who said carry on like normal? Do you think burning down a police station wouldn't send a good message or does the violence have to be directed away from the police to make it effective?

Lol ok fascist. Nice inconsistency in messaging.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 29, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Is it poor taste for white folks to pose for selfies in front of the riot police?

Like I get that it's a pretty rad photo op but this ain't about that, yeah?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

PT6A posted:

Either through stubbornness or outright malice, that's what's being proven. The entire world watched that motherfucker kill someone while people pleaded for him to stop and the person he was killing begged for his life, and instead of arresting him pending a trial they're just... letting him go. Not good enough. They knew two days ago this wasn't going to blow over, yet they didn't do what people wanted and now they've lost a building, they're out of tear gas, their patrol vehicles are all hosed up, and the neighborhoods they're supposed to be protecting are on fire cause they're letting a murderer walk free. It doesn't matter what they tell themselves they're doing, they're showing it's more important to them that the police can kill a black man for whatever reason they like than the peace, stability, and material well-being of the place they're supposed to be the custodians of.

I really wonder what conversations are going on, cause there's no god drat way this has worked out the way they thought it would.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Framboise posted:

Is it poor taste for white folks to pose for selfies in front of the riot police?

You gotta let people have their fun with it, a photo ain't hurting anything.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Framboise posted:

spectacle, too, is a tool for the people

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Oxyclean posted:

Do we know the Target's past? Maybe it provoked it. Surely it was no angel.

Sure love how lovely moderates will hand-wring and lose sympathy over property destruction, but story after story of cop plants and false flags elicit minimal loss of trust or sympathy.

I don't give a gently caress about the Target and the mind blowing lack of basic comprehension on display in here is depressing.

I'm perfectly fine with the police station getting burnt down, I suggested it might have been a better move before they actually did it!

But whatever, I will bow out for now as i usually do when it's become a waste of time.

edit

The Sean posted:

Lol ok fascist

I know you're shivering with excitement, but can you still focus enough to actually read?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Framboise posted:

No, it’s a gesture of defiance and deliberate poor taste

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I don't think it's terribly problematic. It often mostly just demoralizes the police as a spectacle, like you're taking pictures with ornery buffalo at yellowstone behind you

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Framboise posted:

If their heart is in the right place, I don't think there's a problem with it.

Some lady called for white people to go to the front of the protest line at the Mayo Clinic and they did. If they keep doing stuff like that, let them take all the selfies they want.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so, while i'm not sad the cops got a lot of their toys broken, i don't know if we should celebrate the department going up in flames since i'm sure there's a lot of pending files and cases for non-violent people still in the system. i hope i'm wrong, but it seems kinda worriesome.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

If their heart is in the right place, I don't think there's a problem with it.

Some lady called for white people to go to the front of the protest line at the Mayo Clinic and they did. If they keep doing stuff like that, let them take all the selfies they want.

Yeah. Fair point.

That was pretty rad. She called them and they loving listened.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwinCitiesDSA/status/1266218358069919746

gently caress

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Mr Interweb posted:

so, while i'm not sad the cops got a lot of their toys broken, i don't know if we should celebrate the department going up in flames since i'm sure there's a lot of pending files and cases for non-violent people still in the system. i hope i'm wrong, but it seems kinda worriesome.

Nah, let it burn.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Oh boy. Militias on their way to make what is still a nonviolent protest so far a bloodbath.

Lord.

edit: keep on keepin' on, cowbell lady.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Framboise posted:

Oh boy. Militias on their way to make what is still a nonviolent protest so far a bloodbath.

Lord.

for what it is worth that was posted almost a half hour ago

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Framboise posted:

Lord.

Probably the same type of guys who stood outside of places that no one was anywhere near in order to be interviewed about protecting small businesses. If not the actual same guys.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Interweb posted:

nobody's going to jail if the prosecution shows up with no evidence.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

In 68 Nixon was able to run as the "law & order" candidate and win, good luck getting either law or order from Turnip.

Summer hasn't even started yet and we've got corona, 25% unemployment, and riots.

VH4Ever posted:

Nah, let it burn.

:yeah: Police station going down like that sure is symbolic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Framboise posted:

Lord.

one of the protesters just flashed a gun on stream, so whatever those dudes are planning isn't going to go the way they want. i'm sure a fair number of the protesters are armed.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Christ I'm not getting any sleep tonight huh

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

one of the protesters just flashed a gun on stream, so whatever those dudes are planning isn't going to go the way they want. i'm sure a fair number of the protesters are armed.

They'd be foolish not to be. Doesn't mean I want to see any of them killed by more murderers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

if these guys try poo poo. they would be ripped apart the second they tried to fire. some loving chuds playing judge dredd can't read the room well. alot of the protesters are armed too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/BreakingChesky/status/1266217021173309440

https://mobile.twitter.com/BreakingChesky/status/1266221726800711686

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Christ I'm not getting any sleep tonight huh

same, goon friend. i am gonna be watching this for at least another hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Maybe it is true

https://mobile.twitter.com/CityMinneapolis/status/1266224316645027841