Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just stomp around in power armor with sub optimal heavy guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I can't stop whistling the Fasnacht song.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I can't stop whistling the Fasnacht song.

My favorite is everyone unloading their guns into the bonfire at the end.

Fasnacht, Fasnacht, FASNACHT, FASNACHT! :blastu:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Some people just protested the fashnact parade I'm in.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i flunked out posted:

Lol this is a good idea.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i flunked out posted:

I saw one dude with a protest sign, it would be really hilarious with a dozen or so, gonna start doing this.

Finally got a shot in on the sloth, I'm 1 for 6.

Some dude yelled at some other dude about having a hacked machine gun and how he now had visual proof and hope he liked being banned soon. Not sure what that was all about.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

bird with big dick posted:

Some dude yelled at some other dude about having a hacked machine gun and how he now had visual proof and hope he liked being banned soon. Not sure what that was all about.

Does damaging someone after they damage you disable pacifist mode and enable PvP?

Or is it permanently disabled nowadays and only exists in Nuclear Winter?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
best is when people put down ten or so power armor sets on the bridge and blocks all the robots from continuing and they just do that until the event ends

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

TheAgent posted:

best is when people put down ten or so power armor sets on the bridge and blocks all the robots from continuing and they just do that until the event ends

they did this during the protest and poo poo turned into a huge firefight.

meanwhile, fasnacht does something to jetpacks. You can get some serious altitude with them during the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYY7c5XYKx0

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

We would have been screwed because there were no small animals but I had a bunch of intestines from previous runs.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Floppychop posted:

Enemies should drop loot if you're "in combat" and within a certain distance regardless if you tag them or not.

Teaming up with people is a way to try and help with the current system, since if a teammate tags them you still get a loot drop.

That explains why I don't get anything when I shoot an enemy once, then go invisible while waiting for the level 200s to take care of it.

At what point should I stop wearing Chinese Stealth Armor, and load up on Unyielding pieces? Being invisible makes me practically unkillable, except when robots explode near me.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

Yea the stash doesn't get weight reduction perks. Go through your junk tab and throw away like almost all your bone shards, glass, cork, and other less used junk items. Always keep gunpowder on your character, if you have way too much either make some bullets or throw it away.

for real though why do you keep saying not to sell bulked junk

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I did the fashnact event once solo. Holy gently caress that's a boring event.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-RwdLS1eI

Omg is so bad. Look at this guys this is how you play elder scrolls.

TESO is mostly just standard MMO hotbar combat so I don't know why people act like it's some kind of revolution

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Patware posted:

for real though why do you keep saying not to sell bulked junk

I never have sold junk.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
If you want to try out the legendary perk system, it’s up on the PTS. And PTS is now open to anyone who owns 76 through the launcher.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How do you access it? So I need to reinstall on bethesda launcher?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I bulk and sell stuff all the time. Its the only way i can keep my inventory manageable. It rather hang on to low weight legendaries for scrip. Its not like i need it for repairs. They hand out the repair kits like candy and those also weigh a bit too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It feels like I have to spam repair kits whenever I can because they give so many of them away for free. I haven't repaired anything for weeks at the workbench.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So watch out if you have a NPC who you can't kill in Helvetica before starting the parade. My group just had an event ruined by a level 1 settler. Somehow he became hostile to the bots and there was no way to stop them from fighting. We managed to slightly push the bots out of that restaurant, but eventually the settler came out the back and we had to get between the bridge and the back corner to keep them separated. The MoC finished his loop and the event was won, but we lost two bots in the process.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Tenzarin posted:

How do you access it? So I need to reinstall on bethesda launcher?

It’s a separate download on the bethesda launcher. You add the PTS like another game.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Should i max out my reputation with both Founders and Crater before picking a side? Can i increase rep with the other faction after i pick which one i do the vault with?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I never have sold junk.

that's not a reason other people shouldn't. the weight of the extra plastic kept around so you can bulk junk is basically negligible when compared to the extra caps you can get making a robot deal with your trash

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I realized I've been earning atoms since I started playing and I bought the log cabin set. Looks cool. Gonna build a little summer camp kind of thing or something. I'm thinking like a cabin or two with the communal fire pit. Just simple stuff. The rustic water wheel kinda sucks though. It doesn't spin, it just spurts water from random places.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can get a decent amount of them from doing the challenges also, most of which you will do without even knowing about them. Then they have a gently caress ton that almost noone will ever do like play this game for 7600 hours and it only counts if you logged into the game in a world where there is a afk disconnect timer. The jury is still out if the seasons are a huge nerf to the atom gain.

People on the pts found out how long it will take to get all 6 perk cards you decide to use max level. You only have to reach a level of Two Thousand Nine Hundred(ohshit forgot this number) and Seventy. So good luck everyone I know you can reach that number.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 29, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

You can get a decent amount of them from doing the challenges also, most of which you will do without even knowing about them. Then they have a gently caress ton that almost noone will ever do like play this game for 7600 hours and it only counts if you logged into the game in a world where there is a afk disconnect timer. The jury is still out if the seasons are a huge nerf to the atom gain.

People on the pts found out how long it will take to get all 6 perk cards you decide to use max level. You only have to reach a level of Two Thousand and Seventy. So good luck everyone I know you can reach that number.

I thought every time you hit 50 levels with any character you get a legendary perk card that can be applied to any character.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That's just for your first 300 levels on your journey for lvl 3000 as planned by bethesda for your maximum enjoyment of this game.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

What level and number of stars is that lever? 2 shot is very good for rifleman builds.

Lever plans are 2k and can be bought in the ash heap I believe. Then you have to build and breakdown. They are fairly rare in the wild.

Both play styles are good and it is up to what you like.

I stuck to shotguns because any kind of concentrated grind to make endless lever actions to scrap would just bore me. I'm always finding different shotguns to break down and I have the plans for the combat, pump, and double barrel. Since shotgun perks are tied to strength (minus Enforcer), I can easily pivot into melee, since melee weapons are everywhere.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Untrustable posted:

I stuck to shotguns because any kind of concentrated grind to make endless lever actions to scrap would just bore me. I'm always finding different shotguns to break down and I have the plans for the combat, pump, and double barrel. Since shotgun perks are tied to strength (minus Enforcer), I can easily pivot into melee, since melee weapons are everywhere.

Keep the lever. It is good to have a backup not main weapon for trash mobs and that is a good roll and gun.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I was doing the taxidermy sheepsquatch quest and I think I broke something in the basement. I get no prompt when I go to the washer/dryer to try and access the secret robot room. No options to set temp or wash mode. Has anyone seen that before? Maybe I missed something, but I only realized I had missed the secret door AFTER I did everything in the building so I don't think I skipped a stage/step.

And I'm enjoying fasnacht far more than I should. It's just a stupid parade with the same 3 enemies attacking without any real consequences, but I never really play with other people so it's neat. I do wish they'd make it a bit more challenging though. Maybe 2 megasloths at the same time...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

I was doing the taxidermy sheepsquatch quest and I think I broke something in the basement. I get no prompt when I go to the washer/dryer to try and access the secret robot room. No options to set temp or wash mode. Has anyone seen that before? Maybe I missed something, but I only realized I had missed the secret door AFTER I did everything in the building so I don't think I skipped a stage/step.

And I'm enjoying fasnacht far more than I should. It's just a stupid parade with the same 3 enemies attacking without any real consequences, but I never really play with other people so it's neat. I do wish they'd make it a bit more challenging though. Maybe 2 megasloths at the same time...

Have you tried relogging and what step is the quest at?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Have you tried relogging and what step is the quest at?

The quest is now outside the city, so it's no longer involving that area. I doubt I'm missing that much, I just couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

It's interrupting my fasnacht time anyway. I'm not farming water resources like I used to, so I was suffering from dehydration because there's no water in Helvetia, just sausage. Marching around, slowly turning into a dried out husk, collecting all the mini-nukes I can even though I have no use for them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

The quest is now outside the city, so it's no longer involving that area. I doubt I'm missing that much, I just couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

It's interrupting my fasnacht time anyway. I'm not farming water resources like I used to, so I was suffering from dehydration because there's no water in Helvetia, just sausage. Marching around, slowly turning into a dried out husk, collecting all the mini-nukes I can even though I have no use for them.

that secret room is part of another step in the quest.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

that secret room is part of another step in the quest.

Dang...I'll find a walkthrough and make figure out what I missed.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Keep the lever. It is good to have a backup not main weapon for trash mobs and that is a good roll and gun.

Yeah I just hit 42 and that level 20 lever is still my go-to backup. It's mostly for feeling like a badass while I one-shot level 25 scorched and ghouls. Got into a rumble with a level 50 legendary 3 star savage deathclaw and it sure helped out after the shotgun broke.

Edit: This game is great. I did a quest where I had to dress up as a clown and kill a wendigo. That's hilarious if you don't consider how wendigos traditionally come into being.

Untrustable fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 29, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

Dang...I'll find a walkthrough and make figure out what I missed.

It comes after what you are doing. You did the wolf head right? That was the step you just did?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought every time you hit 50 levels with any character you get a legendary perk card that can be applied to any character.

Wat

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

It comes after what you are doing. You did the wolf head right? That was the step you just did?

You mean with the bone? Yes, I did that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Regarding the sheepsquatch quest. Understand that the very last step of that quest requires roughly 10 billion people to show up (they will). I thought I could duo it with a friend.