Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
18 fuckin dollars?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

bike tory posted:

I've never quite understood the point of making a sauce that's so spicy you have to choose between using so little you can't taste the sauce or tasting it and being super uncomfortable for like 30 minutes.

I love spicy food but some of that poo poo is ridiculous.

Some people can eat that stuff without being mildly uncomfortable because you build up a tolerance to capsaicin.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Cocaine Bear posted:

What's the best hot sauce? Which ones are bad? Why? Use as many words as you need.

the common restraunt ones are ranked yukatan tapatio tobasco texas pete. yukatan is the best because it has flavor not just heat and the black label yukatan you buy in stores is tasty af with out being citrusy. i do like mango hotsauces though.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I bought a habanero / peach hot sauce at a farmer's market a while back, it had a pleasant sweet / spicy taste that was hot without being overwhelming.

that sounds good thats basically what i look for in a hotsauce something that adds flavor and heat with out over powering my meal.

Son of Rodney posted:

I once had a chili plant that made so many chillies I ended up storing them in one of those fridge magnet spice containers. I kept them for like 5 years while they just got more and more dry and spicy. We would use one or two if we wanted a really spicy chilli or something. One day we had a party at this flat and this guy was looking at them and wanted to try them. I told him sure, but they're really spicy. He said "man, I'm from Mexico, I know about spicy."

He ate one, chewed it contemplatively for about 10 seconds, and got this really pained look on his face. I asked him if he wanted a glass of milk, he said "yes please" and proceeded to drink 2 tall glasses while gagging.

That's my spicy story, like and subscribe peace out

every non white country thinks their food is the spicyist and they generally do have spicy food but white people take everything to an extreme so the spicist poo poo you will ever eat is at some doughy white middle age'd guys house probably from some nordic country or austrailia to. i mean look at chili klaus. the white people spicy poo poo isnt tasty its just broke brained skinner box poo poo.

NO YOU CANT JUST MAKE IT SPICY FOR NO REASON

HAHA SPICE TOLERENCE NUMBER GO UP

snergle has a new favorite as of 23:36 on May 28, 2020

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

snergle posted:

the common restraunt ones are ranked yukatan tapatio tobasco texas pete. yukatan is the best because it has flavor not just heat and the black label yukatan you buy in stores is tasty af with out being citrusy. i do like mango hotsauces though.

I bought a habanero / peach hot sauce at a farmer's market a while back, it had a pleasant sweet / spicy taste that was hot without being overwhelming.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ante posted:

pyf funny picture

goonsauce

ow oof ouch my bunsters are burning

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

snergle posted:

that sounds good thats basically what i look for in a hotsauce something that adds flavor and heat with out over powering my meal.

every non white country thinks their food is the spicyist and they generally do have spicy food but white people take everything to an extreme so the spicist poo poo you will ever eat is at some doughy white middle age'd guys house probably from some nordic country or austrailia to. i mean look at chili klaus. the white people spicy poo poo isnt tasty its just broke brained skinner box poo poo.

NO YOU CANT JUST MAKE IT SPICY FOR NO REASON

HAHA SPICE TOLERENCE NUMBER GO UP

holy poo poo nobody cares, we were almost done with this derail and you had to come in here with your spicy takes and preach at us with some sort of bizarro racist screed while adding nothing to conversation at large or mentioning nothing that hasn't been covered in the last three pages and shut the gently caress up shut the gently caress up shut the gently caress up

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What did they do to that fish to make it kinky? :ohdear:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think that they just gave it to the fisherman's wife.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ante posted:

pyf funny picture

goonsauce

$18 to recreate what happens when you eat Arby's with hot sauce.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zil posted:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ante posted:

pyf funny picture

goonsauce

If it's goonsauce do they make one called Barf the Couch?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Zil posted:

Fish don't need our help to make it kinky

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Upset that didn't link to these guys but only because it's the funny pic thread and there are no funny pics of that particular sex fish.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

I was intrigued by the "Does not contain cock" line and it appears the real dish is fish baked in a loaf of bread, so the etymology is actually kinda interesting:

Wikipedia posted:

Some Finnish speakers today find the name kalakukko somewhat amusing, as kala is Finnish for "fish" and kukko is "rooster", leading to the often used but non-morphological translation, "fish cock". However, the archaic form of kukko is derived from the same root as kukkaro (purse).

Looks a bit dry, but it might be good?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I just had to collect it all in one spot.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The fact that the parody is so similar to reality is pretty great.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Haha that one with the leprechaun is great. Yes the Irish, known for their hotsauces.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

rip Adam Schlesinger

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hot sauce?

only the whitest for me, sir

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Alaois posted:

hot sauce?

only the whitest for me, sir

Lol. Offspring sauce. I've had it and it's meh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you can tell a lot about the men who care about hot sauce by the packaging for hot sauce

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pick posted:

you can tell a lot about the men who care about hot sauce by the packaging for hot sauce

You'll have to check out my own private label.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Very good, but very hot. Pappy's Hottest Ride

Included in the ingredient list is Oil of Capsicum at a higher % than Kentucky Bourbon (3% by vol). Basically, if you can handle the heat, it's amazing. If you can't, it's a horrible nightmare of pain.

It goes great on fried chicken (with ranch backup) or to give some heat to a chili or slow-cooker pulled pork.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You'll have to check out my own private label.

Looks like the bottle used for valentina, which is great.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

d3lness posted:

I get the idea behind the post, but I'm gonna fall for the bait anyway. That's just how much heat you can handle before it overpowers the actual flavor of the spice.

Yeaaaah, but then why's it just for capsaicin? Why don't we ever talk about "salt tolerance". Why don't we have salt guys who brag about putting 2 tablespoons of their favorite brand of sodium chloride on everything they eat? Or laugh at the weak pissbabies who say they don't like things too salty?

Where are the guys who have a high "bitter tolerance" wandering around with a bottle of Bitrex so they can perk up bland food?

Oh, he's right here, LOL.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Facebook Aunt posted:

Where are the guys who have a high "bitter tolerance" wandering around with a bottle of Bitrex so they can perk up bland food?

Lots of craft beers have a numeric bitterness rating.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeaaaah, but then why's it just for capsaicin? Why don't we ever talk about "salt tolerance". Why don't we have salt guys who brag about putting 2 tablespoons of their favorite brand of sodium chloride on everything they eat? Or laugh at the weak pissbabies who say they don't like things too salty?

Oh, he's right here, LOL.

Have you never talked to an IPA guy

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Facebook Aunt posted:

What are you on about? People have, are having, and will continue to have pissing contests about everything food related forever. Go tell a self proclaimed foodie that all salt tastes the same and are all the same level of salty. I dare you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Facebook Aunt posted:

We do, you just know them as white people bragging about their jank rear end potato salad.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Facebook Aunt posted:

Because food scientists haven't focused on developing foods that are exponentially more bitter but still tasty like they have for peppers and other spicy food. Also, you've clearly never been around people when there's a bag of Warheads.

space uncle posted:

Have you never talked to an IPA guy

TBF, no one wants to.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’ll just stick to good ole Tapatio

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Well, I guess if you aren't careful when you use it, you are gonna end up with corn on the cob.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

Looks a bit dry, but it might be good?

You are supposed to cut it to loafs like a bread and put butter on it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ante posted:

holy poo poo nobody cares, we were almost done with this derail and you had to come in here with your spicy takes and preach at us with some sort of bizarro racist screed while adding nothing to conversation at large or mentioning nothing that hasn't been covered in the last three pages and shut the gently caress up shut the gently caress up shut the gently caress up

I sense a lot of hostility. Tell me about your father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004