Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gatoh Move eventually becomes AEW Japan. Meanwhile PAC starts a fight club in his cellar that becomes AEW UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

now that yunamon has become punished pineapple, she has been added to the who is the ace poll

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone pour enough japanese in my brain so I can ask Yunamon to watch Super Hero Time with me.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

someone pour enough japanese in my brain so I can ask Yunamon to watch Super Hero Time with me.

Same but just shoot the poo poo and pound some beers with Mitsuru.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Finally watched the ironman match from yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. Yunamon is vicious!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I love that it doesn't matter who you put across from her, Mei-chan WILL get you to wrestle her style of match eventually

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The Saga Of Mei & Yunamon does not to seem to be slowing down at all (not that I'm complaining):

https://twitter.com/hahaaaanmax/status/1266195887484620800

Neodoomium posted:

I love that it doesn't matter who you put across from her, Mei-chan WILL get you to wrestle her style of match eventually

Everybody falls prey to the window spot sooner or later.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do you think Quackenbush keeps kicking himself over the success of Choco Pro becoming what he wanted CHIKARA to always be

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I would love to hear from the people who work on that same block as Ichigaya Chocolate Station and put up with odd screaming at all hours and sometimes people falling through the windows out into the alley

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's not really anything else in that alley, there's a steak restaurant at the bottom which has to deal with a bunch of wrestling fans gathering outside.

YMZ is a similar/affiliated promotion that runs its shows out of what is basically a converted house in a residential district. I can't imagine what the neighbours must think, especially because the wrestlers enter from the street.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQxvkWQwZgQ

GATOR MOVE

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Emi Sakura sheepishly explaining her business to an irate housewife.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

Emi Sakura sheepishly explaining her business to an irate housewife.

Come on, we all know she would probably talk that housewife into training.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

J-Ro posted:

Come on, we all know she would probably talk that housewife into training.

LuLu Pencil origin story

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If that steakhouse is smart they're getting those wrestling fans in after the show for dinner.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/Mizm0ri/status/1266628439676555266

Rotten Yunamon posted:

Why are pineapples so cute?

Why can't you rot? ?

Why are you losing Janken? ? ?

why! ? why! ? Why and why and why! ? ? ?

……… Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yunamon's slow descent into rot continues.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fujita falling in love with Gatoh/Choco to the point where he has a solo in the closing song and has his own "name" shirt is so good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

I was just down a rabbit hole and found Mei vs Jazz from EVE last year, and Mei managed to break Jazz of all people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbi2MnPmz3E

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Minoru Fujita graduating from ChocoPro... so sad

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Noooooo Fujita but also welcome back Mitsuru!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Apparently that was the season finale for the first season of ChocoPro and they are going to start the second one. Quite what that entails I don't know; its exciting though! Wonder if we might see some of the other Gatoh Move wrestlers that haven't been on the shows recently; Lulu Pencil worked one show I think for example.

RealFoxy posted:

I was just down a rabbit hole and found Mei vs Jazz from EVE last year, and Mei managed to break Jazz of all people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbi2MnPmz3E

I was there live for this: it was an incredibly weird weekend all round (second match on the finals show was Mei vs Lulu Pencil: it was incredibly good but very surreal) but that was possibly the weirdest moment. Also led to the funny moment of Lulu Pencil; who was initially only meant to be there to help out Mei since Emi couldn't be there (she was working some Podunk American promotion you probably haven't heard of; title match I think) but Emi was like "you might want to make some shirts?" and she ended up outselling most of the wrestlers on the show.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lulu's gimmick of "actual human being trapped in the fantasy world of pro wrestling" is one of the best around and everyone should buy her merch

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lulu pencil is an isekai?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi has learned how to cook Indian food and is now completely obsessed to the point of buying a big expensive spice rack and other hardware.

I am 40 minutes into the Season 1 talk video and this is literally all she has talked about the whole time

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Antonio Honda twitter peddling QAnon conspiracy theories and a cult in a span of a week is pretty fuckin' bad. Maybe we could Poochie his rear end before season 2 starts.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dammit, Honda...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope he apologizes. I can understand when you're not in that country its super easy to make all these assumptions esp with how terrible the media coverage has been.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

He just posted the following:

https://twitter.com/romacittaaperta/status/1267555111234007042

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

His apology being a quote tweet of a QAnon account lmao

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh SON OF A...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He personally apologized to me via DM we’re cool now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/romacittaaperta/status/1267566062351966210

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think he's DMing everyone who tweeted about it

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

OK I'll let him keep the cult stuff for now.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I didn't see the version of the apology that quote-tweeted a Q guy. What was the tweet, because I am having a real hard time imagining what sort of apology could also contain a Q-related quote

It's cool that he's reflecting but I'm still gonna side-eye him for a while since, among all the wacky crisis actor conspiracy stuff, he also quote-tweeted a really transphobic and homophobic Japanese-language video about how trans people are part of an Illuminati plot that dipped beyond "oh word, the information was incorrect" and into "Michelle Obama is a man and Barack Obama is gay for taking over the world"

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 2, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

I didn't see the version of the apology that quote-tweeted a Q guy. What was the tweet, because I am having a real hard time imagining what sort of apology could also contain a Q-related quote

It was a QAnon posting a photo of a cop hugging a protester and Anton added something like "I'm really sorry I just want to see more of this"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Haku-san seems to have corralled him a bit in the way a friend would pull you aside and tell you you're being a dumbass.

To Anton's credit, he seems to be receptive to being told he was a dumbass.

Gatoh Move is such a forward thinking endeavor, it would be really heartbreaking for one of its major performers to be a complete scumbag.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1267750936014774272?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m still ChocoPro for life. Antonio Honda is cool. He took the time to make it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Kinda skimmed through their show from 5 years ago which they have uploaded today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dlzQGE783o

There are a lot of dance interludes. I liked the POV ref cam and the spot where a dude runs backwards and forwards over another dude a few times.