Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Boxman posted:

oh noooo now how will i demonstrate my superior knowledge of the parks by saying the monologue along with the ghost host

And making sure to stand under the correct portrait so I can be the first person out!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

And making sure to stand under the correct portrait so I can be the first person out!?

me, forgetting which one is correct literally every single time, always ending up across the room. the stupid thing is, it's my favorite portrait.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Test track and dinodaur has a funnel too and it's annoying, can't wait to see it gone.

I bet test track will have the create a car cut too.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

me, forgetting which one is correct literally every single time, always ending up across the room. the stupid thing is, it's my favorite portrait.

You just want to be able to admire your favorite portrait, hard to do when you're standing under it

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

:negative:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So what's the deal with the Donkey Kong area? Is that being built still in the upper left? Or is that going to be America only? I feel like I remember them mentioning the DKC world wasn't going to be in the japan version.

I also wonder if the American version is gonna be bigger. That looks kind of small, but maybe it's just the angle.

DK area will be just America or even possibly only Florida since one is being built in CA as well.

It looks small but there's also a massive show building for Mario Kart.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The DK area is only planned to be part of phase one of the Florida version. It's a potential expansion for Japan, and mayyyyyyybe Hollywood, but Hollywood's is going to be even smaller than Japan's if you can believe it. They shoved theirs in the only corner they could find it looks like.

Macaluso posted:

It's mostly the part right after it, where, for some godforsaken reason, you go into the next room that turns into a funnel where the people in the big crowd have to handle becoming a line on their own. It's always a huge mess and I never understood why they set it up that way.

Mainly a lack of foresight. In the 70's and 80's, they didn't push as many people through that area. They used to have the person who opened the door and let you into the stretch also lead the guests and get them onto the moving sidewalk, meaning, they didn't use both stretch rooms, they just loaded whichever room was next to open.

It was only in the 90s/2000s when PUSH EM THROUGH! became the norm that that hallway became a huge issue.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 28, 2020

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Mainly a lack of foresight. In the 70's and 80's, they didn't push as many people through that area. They used to have the person who opened the door and let you into the stretch also lead the guests and get them onto the moving sidewalk, meaning, they didn't use both stretch rooms, they just loaded whichever room was next to open.

It was only in the 90s/2000s when PUSH EM THROUGH! became the norm that that hallway became a huge issue.

Interesting, I always assumed it was on purpose, a bit of crowding to give riders a sense of unease.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

couldcareless posted:

You just want to be able to admire your favorite portrait, hard to do when you're standing under it

Or look for the two tiny red lights of the cross beam for the doors that open up.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

nbakyfan posted:

Or look for the two tiny red lights of the cross beam for the doors that open up.

or stare directly into the red lights and hope maybe I won't have to pay the disney bill this time around

(*I always do)

Tim Whatley posted:

DK area will be just America or even possibly only Florida since one is being built in CA as well.

It looks small but there's also a massive show building for Mario Kart.

didn't we talk about the mario kart thing basically being what everyone would like for a wreck it ralph race ride-game thing?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
https://wdwnt.com/2020/05/rumor-wal...september-2021/

welp, thats wild

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Honestly that sounds extremely mean, but it feels necessary given the assumptions (no park hopping, reservations for the park necessary for admission).

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Just had a wave of schadenfreude sweep over me as loads of disboard posters shouted out in unison.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao wow.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

They released footage of them pressing the “cancel all reservations” button

https://youtu.be/a0dkF8CZxks

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Let's be honest, this was totally necessary since hotels were probably close to fully booked already and at least 50% of those people were actually planning on showing up once parks reopened. That's worse, having your stuff canceled now or arriving in Orlando to find out you won't be able to enter any of the parks because they are sold out of entry reservations?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Confirmed now

https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1266179663845523463?s=21

Hotel reopenings removed from the site:
https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1266119223564292101?s=21

Also there was 0 wait to get into World of Disney today. The hours long wait yesterday was almost entirely bloggers and merch resellers.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 29, 2020

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Okay remember how I was joking around about not going all DIS just because my AP is probably a little less useful than it was when I paid for it? Man, yikes. I mean I get it and it's a perfectly logical move by Disney but if they don't have that new reservations system sorted by the time I'm gonna roll in the Fall then I may have a bit of an issue. I suppose I can finally get a disability pass thing and cash in on my pancreatic tumor...

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

This is going to be my 5th time rebooking restaurants.....

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I’m just so exhausted and ready to give up. Maybe 2021, and we can have a Honeymoon instead

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I've been sitting on this info for a few hours and it's taken me that long to come to terms with it. A WDW vacation is going to look VERY different in 2020.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

I’m just so exhausted and ready to give up. Maybe 2021, and we can have a Honeymoon instead

It's probably safer to do that in the long run.

Braksgirl posted:

I've been sitting on this info for a few hours and it's taken me that long to come to terms with it. A WDW vacation is going to look VERY different in 2020.

:) Just wait until everything is finished.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm honestly a bit concerned reading the article. We HAD the free dining plan, dutifully just rebooked, were told we weren't eligible for it anymore, so would have to pay for it, but it seems to imply that if Disney didn't have to cancel it for you, you won't get the Room Discount. Aaaaaa.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

couldcareless posted:

Let's be honest, this was totally necessary since hotels were probably close to fully booked already and at least 50% of those people were actually planning on showing up once parks reopened. That's worse, having your stuff canceled now or arriving in Orlando to find out you won't be able to enter any of the parks because they are sold out of entry reservations?

I agree. This seems like a ripping off the bandaid moment. Curious what capacity will look like with open parks but no hotels.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It’s not going to be the happiest place on earth for awhile.

And yeah, Braksgirl took this news hard.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Yeah it sucks but honestly what were they gonna do, Thanos snap and decide 50% of all dining reservations are cancelled?

Since booking experiences dining and talking members off the ledge was like 90% of my old job at Disney I’ll have to grill my old team to see how they’re handling that.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

That monkey’s paw wish of no more Fastpass really backfired.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The people bitching on the official FB post look like the type to refuse to wear a mask at Costco.

I don't know what people were expecting. There's a worldwide pandemic and 100,000 Americans have died already. poo poo is bad. Disney will still be there next year.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cais posted:

Since booking experiences dining and talking members off the ledge was like 90% of my old job at Disney I’ll have to grill my old team to see how they’re handling that.

They're all miserable atleast the people who were on my team are. I feel bad.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My wife is a Disney girl.

I'm gonna have a hard time convincing her to cancel this fall. As it is our plans are in jeopardy. We booked our flight for M-F but then only booked a room starting on tuesday, and wait listed a bunch of stuff of monday. Our plan was to just book a cash room if nothing came up on DVC but oh man I hope changing the flight won't be a huge hassle.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Who's your flight with? If you're flying Southwest, you can cancel your trip up to 15 minutes before scheduled departure. Most carriers are being pretty lenient with changes, but expect any refunds to come in the form of airline credit.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Dugong posted:

That monkey’s paw wish of no more Fastpass really backfired.

I said that to my husband last night after all this went down. Like, I got my no FP wish but drat, at what price?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Boxman posted:

Who's your flight with? If you're flying Southwest, you can cancel your trip up to 15 minutes before scheduled departure. Most carriers are being pretty lenient with changes, but expect any refunds to come in the form of airline credit.

It's with southwest.

It's more about pushing the flight forward by one day and not having to pay a ridiculous amount. I chose that monday partly because it was a $99 flight.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wait, what's wrong with FP?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Renegret posted:

It's with southwest.

It's more about pushing the flight forward by one day and not having to pay a ridiculous amount. I chose that monday partly because it was a $99 flight.

Well, if fares are higher fares are higher, but SWA doesn't have a change fee, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Nanigans posted:

FP+ pushed the system into a bunch of attractions that didn't previously have FP, and introduced a booking window. If you can't get your first choice passes, you get the second choice passes (usually at attractions that didn't previously have FP). This explodes wait times at those secondary attractions. The poster child of this is usually Pirates, which apparently enjoyed very low wait to walk on status most of the time before the system was introduced.

FP+ also means a ton more advance planning. For some people who like theory crafting how to spend time at the parks this is fun (heyo) but for a lot of people it makes a trip way more stressful.

There's also the fact that MDE is a piece of poo poo app with a piece of poo poo back end.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Nanigans posted:

It causes longer wait times across the board. It’s a bad system with modern crowd levels (lol)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That's true. I did enjoy planning my trip, but it did suck that even when I was ready and waiting to grab a FP for FoP or something as soon as I possibly could, they were all gone.

I'd hate to see it gone completely, though. They were finally fixing it at DHS when it was basically broken during that period that every single decent ride was Tier 1.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Disney internet has hit the denial phase of grief. A bunch of people saying that they are sure Disney will bring back parades and meet and greets by August. That their dinner reservation is still showing on the app so clearly they will still have it. That free dining will still be offered to UK guests because Disney will really want those international tourists this summer.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm hopeful that digital queues are the way of the future. It seems like a real no-brainer. People still get to 'wait', and Disney wins because they spend their time shopping and dining instead of shuffling forward at a rate of one foot per minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

as long as digital queues can be booked ahead of time it's fine. waking up at 5AM to get Rise of the Resistance would not be fun every trip.