Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

NofrikinfuN posted:

I love eating in general, but if I could take a food pill every day that was cheaper than stocking a fridge I absolutely would.

I unironically wanted Soylent to not be deadly garbage juice so it would eventually become food pills, cooking is great and so is eating good stuff but man would that be insanely convenient to just be able to pop a pill at meal time and not lose or gain weight unless I specifically subtracted or added pills to the pile

in my dream-utopia the food pills are also gummy worms and dosage is handled by worm length, in accordance with the prophecy

edit: since this is a page snipe, here's the current-gen version of the food worm, this food worm pill is 4000 calories in a manageable three-pound package https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XFH5HZ3?tag=duc12-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

blatman posted:

I unironically wanted Soylent to not be deadly garbage juice so it would eventually become food pills, cooking is great and so is eating good stuff but man would that be insanely convenient to just be able to pop a pill at meal time and not lose or gain weight unless I specifically subtracted or added pills to the pile

in my dream-utopia the food pills are also gummy worms and dosage is handled by worm length, in accordance with the prophecy

edit: since this is a page snipe, here's the current-gen version of the food worm, this food worm pill is 4000 calories in a manageable three-pound package https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XFH5HZ3?tag=duc12-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

Isn't that just 4000 calories of sugar though? Not really many vitamins or proteins in it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

wouldn't not eating food gently caress up your guts?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a sex toy.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Egg Moron posted:

your microbiome craves sustenance

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TMMadman posted:

If you are brave enough, isn't anything?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

blatman posted:

A three pound slab is a manageable package?

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

what if we take the pill, crush it up, and mix it together with a bunch of water and fiber.
I call it Food2.0™

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Lansdowne posted:

what if we take the pill, crush it up, and mix it together with a bunch of water and fiber.
I call it Food2.0™

Just put a bunch of multivitamins and cardboard into a blender, Bing bong so simple.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Lansdowne posted:

I call it Food2.0™

oh good, food with just as much work and none of the flavor

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

oh good, food with just as much work and none of the flavor

but just think of the returns to shareholders

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
food pills that replace eating with a pill sounds like nightmare dystopia material as food itself becomes a luxury for the rich and we're all told never eating again is good for the environment

this is also my take on kids, you reflexive bootlickers

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 17:26 on May 29, 2020

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lansdowne posted:

I call it Food2.0™

Hydrate level 4 please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKL4q_NeDK4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would like lembas

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Viral marketing for Ape Escape 4

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

I would like lembas

nerd

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

euphronius posted:

I would like lembas

Just eat baklava, close enough

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

TMMadman posted:

oh god that didn't even occur to me but i'm 100% sure you're right

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao

if 230 gets repealed either everybody just chooses to ignore that it happened, or the entire structure of internet discourse implodes overnight

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

whenever soylent comes up, I always think back to that guy who drank nothing but Soylent for an entire month, but the catch was he was also on some super strong antibiotic that annihilated his entire gut biome because it basically just sat there for the whole time killing absolutely everything instead of passing like it would if you ate food

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

lmao

if 230 gets repealed either everybody just chooses to ignore that it happened, or the entire structure of internet discourse implodes overnight

Then we can nationalize it and treat it as the public utility that it is!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

whenever soylent comes up, I always think back to that guy who drank nothing but Soylent for an entire month, but the catch was he was also on some super strong antibiotic that annihilated his entire gut biome because it basically just sat there for the whole time killing absolutely everything instead of passing like it would if you ate food

Do you mean the guy who invented Soylent, because he did that on purpose so that he would no longer poo poo so that he used less water flushing. He also wore only synthetic coveralls from AliExpress by the bale to save water on washing them. I think he "washed" them in the freezer like denim nerds

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

groege bush found the wmds.. lol..

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

enjoy 2003 while you can

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
theyre making a food 2 and theres going to be twice as many options on the taco bell menu now

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jazerus posted:

enjoy 2003 while you can

time is a flat circle

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
when will mad cow disease start spiking b/c of all the deregulation of food now?

tbh i've always planned on going vegan anyway

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
SO are we still doing the daily pandemic press conferences or was that from like 60 years ago

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Throatwarbler posted:

SO are we still doing the daily pandemic press conferences or was that from like 60 years ago

oh right, the "pandemic" #fakenews #takemetrumpdaddy

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Korean Boomhauer posted:

when will mad cow disease start spiking b/c of all the deregulation of food now?

tbh i've always planned on going vegan anyway

should I actually buy that instant pot now because that's a good point about the cow madness

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

blatman posted:

should I actually buy that instant pot now because that's a good point about the cow madness

the way most businesses operate, i would be surprised if they didnt have literal pallets of mad cow meat lying around that they shipped the moment the regulations changed

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Throatwarbler posted:

we'll get one as soon as another biotech startup scam ceo calls trump about an exciting investment opportunity because they have this new treatment you see

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

blatman posted:

If you can get one I'd jump at the chance now. I waited for ages until the 8qt finally was available over here and it is really super versatile.

Apropos pandemic: Unsoaked chickpeas or beans are a breeze so you don't need to remember to water them.

And the 8qt is large enough to make stock from whole chickens, lamb bones etc.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

NofrikinfuN posted:

the way most businesses operate, i would be surprised if they didnt have literal pallets of mad cow meat lying around that they shipped the moment the regulations changed

just glad that b ig crate labelled "prions" is out of the warehouse, tbqh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hopper posted:

If you can get one I'd jump at the chance now. I waited for ages until the 8qt finally was available over here and it is really super versatile.

Apropos pandemic: Unsoaked chickpeas or beans are a breeze so you don't need to remember to water them.

And the 8qt is large enough to make stock from whole chickens, lamb bones etc.

I got the 8qt too and love it, the extra size is great and I've not had to adjust any recipes built for the more common 6qt yet

Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I got the 8qt too and love it, the extra size is great and I've not had to adjust any recipes built for the more common 6qt yet

I like that I can stuff a whole cabbage in one and cook it through in less than ten minutes

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You normally don't need to alter it at all, the only caveat is the 8qt needs 2 cups of liqiud minimum according to the manual if you have less than that you need to scale up the recipe a little.
Also try the famous butter chicken recipe it blew my mind.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

that’s the good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/JonathanTamari/status/1266376032271007749

lol hoo boy if this has been running around the Senate for a while