Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Xtanstic posted:

Newbie question: does watering of flowers stack? If I go visit someone and water someone's else island, does it have to be a "dry" flower or will the watering bonus stack? Same question but for my own island?

Outside visitor bonus stacks up to ~5? separate waterings before the flower sparkles gold - so no, the flower doesn’t need to be dry.

Other players living on your island don’t count for this visitor bonus, but your animal villagers do iirc. They occasionally water flowers.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Survey - What is the BEST KK jam for pumping iron?

K.K. Rock imo, or K.K. Adventure / Go K.K. Rider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Prowler posted:

Correct. And for most people, that camper is smug. It's how I got Ken, the smug chicken with Japanese decor.

Yeah I got Beardo who I don't like from the first convo.

:|.

Ah well. Amiibo gets rid of anybody, so...

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Celeste is in the village, tonight. Merengue is crafting a bamboo bench. Drop by. The code is in the other thread.

There is also stuff you can take from trash beach to the east of the airport:

Recipes

backyard lawn, bamboo bench, bamboo doll, bamboo hat, bamboo noodle slide, bamboo speaker, bamboo sphere, bamboo-wall decoration, basket pack, birdhouse, bone doorplate, cabin wall, cardboard bed, cardboard chair, cardboard table, cherry rug, cherry wall, classic-library wall, coconut juice, cutting board, garden rock, gemini closet, gold bars, golden seat, grass skirt, ironwood chair, ironwood dresser, leaf, log extra-long sofa, log pack, log round table, mountain standee, mum cushion, orange rug, pan flute, pot, peach umbrella, pear wardrobe, rose bed, small cardboard box, shell bed, stacked magazines, steamer-basket set, steel-frame wall, straw umbrella hat, traditional straw coat, wooden bookshelf, wooden-block stool, wooden-block table, wooden toolbox, woodland wall

Fossils

acanthostega, amber, ammonite, ankylo skull/tail/torso, australopith, brachio chest/pelvis/tail, coprolite, deinony tail/torso, dimetrodon skull/torso, diplo chest/neck/pelvis/tail, dunkleosteus, eusthenoopteron, iguanodon skull/torso, juramaia, left megalo side, left ptera wing, left quetzal wing, mammoth skull/torso, megacero skull/torso, myllokunmingia, ophthalmo skull/torso, pachysaurus skull/tail, parasaur skull/tail/torso, plesio body/skull/tail, quetzal torso, right ptera wing, right quetzal wing, sabertooth skull/tail, spino skull/tail/torso, stego tail/torso, t. rex skull/tail, tricera skull/tail, trilobite

And More fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 29, 2020

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Nemo2342 posted:

I played Pocket Camp from launch until about 2 months before NH.

At first it was pretty inoffensive. You could use premium tickets to speed up crafting or expand your inventory, but you had a fair amount of it for free so it was cool.

Then they started adding events, and each event either strongly encouraged you to spend tickets to collect all the rewards (unless you checked in 7 times a day like I was doing) or had stuff you could buy with tickets only while the event was on. But it still wasn't too bad, because the events awarded plenty of tickets so you came close to breaking even if you were careful.

It started going rapidly downhill once they added in the fortune cookies. They're 100% pure gacha, and the amount of tickets they cost were clearly meant to drain the balances of people who were otherwise not using their tickets. And of course each cookie is only sold for a limited time, so better buy them all now before the furniture you want is gone for good.

After this they started introducing limited-time clothing sets, which of course could only be bought with tickets. And the (expensive!) furniture that let you summon unique animals (like Celeste) to your camp started showing up regularly, so you couldn't really save up for them any more.

This is when the game started going really downhill. New animals were added, but they no longer unlocked new furniture as you built friendship with them. Events started rewarding less tickets, and we started seeing more palette swapped furniture. New furniture and clothing was largely relegated to the fortune cookies and limited time sales, so you either ponied up the real money or went without.

While I am thankful that Pocket Camp brought me into the world of Animal Crossing, I resent how blatantly cash grabby it became. If you're going to end up spending real money on a game anyway, get NH where you can actually interact with other players and leave Pocket Camp in the mobile hell it belongs in.

Something people never talk about is how much all that monetization just makes a game less fun to play. Set aside the cost, even if I had infinite money why do I want to play something that’s nagging me every 30 seconds to pony up cash or watch a bunch of ads? Why would I want to keep track of four separate currencies or navigate through overwhelming menu mazes designed to pull your attention away from the main game and towards one of fifty mini games (usually a slot machine of some kind) you need to spend cash to play?

If they ever bring that poo poo into NH I’m dropping this game like a rock despite probably investing over 100 hours into it at this point. Not because I’m unwilling to spend more money (I’d be ok with a DLC for example), but because it would make the game completely unplayable.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 29, 2020

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
I’m currently beefing up my hybrid gardens and I am desperate for a handful of white mums. Any kind souls feel like opening up? I’ll do some watering or bring you something nice.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

PenguinKnight posted:

Sure love waiting 3 weeks for redd to have all fakes :argh:

But now you have a classy house decoration in the form of a counterfeit painting (which can sometimes be haunted), or an awesome fake statue for your garden.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wait do villagers only workout if you have a jock? I started with best bird Sprocket so it's been like that from the start.

MussoliniB posted:

I’m currently beefing up my hybrid gardens and I am desperate for a handful of white mums. Any kind souls feel like opening up? I’ll do some watering or bring you something nice.

Seed or flowered?

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Wait do villagers only workout if you have a jock? I started with best bird Sprocket so it's been like that from the start.

Seed or flowered?

I’ll be completely satisfied with seeds.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bushisms.txt posted:

Seed or flowered?

I'm sure they work out whether a jock is present or not, I just thought it was funny that my lazy, smug, and normal villagers were all pumping iron (and dressing exactly like the jock) the day he moved in :laugh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

bushisms.txt posted:

Y'know, I have occasionally wondered why some of my snooty villagers never seem to get tired of training around the plaza.
:ms:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Was trying to get some greens so I know I have some seeds, how much do you need?

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Was trying to get some greens so I know I have some seeds, how much do you need?

If you have it, 10?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm wondering if Redd seeming to never show up is a side-effect of time travel. When does the game decide who the visitors are going to be for the week? And if you travel forward into a new week, then back without experiencing that whole week, are whoever the visitors were going to be that week taken into account when the game generates its next week?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

I'm wondering if Redd seeming to never show up is a side-effect of time travel. When does the game decide who the visitors are going to be for the week? And if you travel forward into a new week, then back without experiencing that whole week, are whoever the visitors were going to be that week taken into account when the game generates its next week?

its just 40% per week friend

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MussoliniB posted:

If you have it, 10?

Just let me know when and where, got the seeds secured.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Just let me know when and where, got the seeds secured.

I’m opening up now, I’m just eating lunch.

Dodo code is 62JYT

I really appreciate you!

I’ve got a handful of DIYs on the beach to the west, help yourself and let me know if you’re looking for anything.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MussoliniB posted:

I’m opening up now, I’m just eating lunch.

Dodo code is 62JYT

I really appreciate you!

I’ve got a handful of DIYs on the beach to the west, help yourself and let me know if you’re looking for anything.

Headed over as the sexy fire fighter

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

The game decides most things on Sunday. Your visitors for the week are set after that point, and time traveling won't affect that. It will, however, affect your turnip prices, as I think the prices are set per day rather than per week.

So, if you passed Sunday with your TT, then your next week will look different once Sunday comes around again, afaik. But it could look the same because Redd is competing with CJ, Flick, Label, and Gulliver. The game boosts the chances of people appearing if you didn't get them the previous week, but that still means only a 33% chance assuming the boost removes chances for the other two (which it does not appear to).

So, you're not unlucky. Just not lucky.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
If you have last-minute turnips to sell, or just want to come for a visit, The Island is buying for 434. Info here.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Kabuki is crafting an Ironwood DIY Workbench. He’s in the south east corner.

Leif is also here—cosmos, hyacinth, and camellias.

If you’re in a watering mood, I have a small hybrid garden on the island river—northeast of residential services.

Dodo:HY38Y

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
I said I needed 10 mums and I got 20! Thank you all so very much, love this community.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

bio347 posted:

If you have last-minute turnips to sell, or just want to come for a visit, The Island is buying for 434. Info here.

This was a lifesaver, thanks

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
How do you get the zodiac DIYs? Is it just from Celeste?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

eating only apples posted:

How do you get the zodiac DIYs? Is it just from Celeste?

Yes, I’m pretty sure

Which is worth a lot, but still

What’s with sometimes getting money after visiting other people’s islands?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

bio347 posted:

Thanks, left you some bells behind the museum.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Just posted a code in the PGS thread because my Nook boys are buying turnips for 565 bells. Drop by to sell, feel free to fish because it's raining, pick flowers, whatever.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

E-flat posted:

Yes, I’m pretty sure

You might be getting nook miles, kinda like frequent flyer miles, rather than money.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

E-flat posted:

Yes, I’m pretty sure

Money or Nook Miles? You get miles any time you fly. Just like real life!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Boonoo posted:

Kabuki is crafting an Ironwood DIY Workbench. He’s in the south east corner.

Leif is also here—cosmos, hyacinth, and camellias.

If you’re in a watering mood, I have a small hybrid garden on the island river—northeast of residential services.

Dodo:HY38Y

Your island has the exact same layout as mine and that was a little confusing. I love it, it's so much more put together than mine. And you have so much nice stuff.

https://twitter.com/Jayalay/status/1266468792411938816

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
... is it really nook miles? Oh man, I am bad at paying attention.

Opening because Saharah is here! Dodo code 2TPQ2

Mysteriously a paintball wall and a Western desert floor are for sale. Rugs are a small Simple small brown mat, a medium Turquoise heart rug, and a large Yellow kilim-style carpet.

Also there are aprons for sale at Able’s. A China poblana dress. Not a whole lot. Pinky is crafting a paw print door plate I think.

(Come water my flowers too!)

E-flat fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 29, 2020

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

puppets freak me out posted:

Just posted a code in the PGS thread because my Nook boys are buying turnips for 565 bells. Drop by to sell, feel free to fish because it's raining, pick flowers, whatever.

You saved my biscuits, I wasn't able to play much this week and had a bunch of turnips sitting around. I made two trips and left you a gold. Thanks!

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

eating only apples posted:

Your island has the exact same layout as mine and that was a little confusing. I love it, it's so much more put together than mine. And you have so much nice stuff.

https://twitter.com/Jayalay/status/1266468792411938816

That’s so nice! Thanks!! I haven’t been to another of this layout yet. I bet it would be odd to see someone else’s. I’ve really enjoyed it.

I’ve barely done any terraforming, but I’m thinking about making a hill in the south west corner.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

bio347 posted:

Thanks for putting up with my visits! Really liked your bamboo area and the hidden graves/waterfall area. I watered everything I could find and left you a post on your noticeboard!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I just came across the little presents a kind goon sprinkled over my island. Thank you so much, mysterious benefactor, that was a nice little treasure hunt!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Battle Pigeon posted:

Thanks for putting up with my visits! Really liked your bamboo area and the hidden graves/waterfall area. I watered everything I could find and left you a post on your noticeboard!
Much appreciated! Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Does anyone have floor lights I can catalog? I'm putting together my museum plaza and am desperate for floor lights. Will trade a gold nugget or NMTs for touching.

Similarly, if anyone has imperial furniture (preferably in red) other than the chest and room divider, I'm looking for those.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Bonster posted:

Does anyone have floor lights I can catalog? I'm putting together my museum plaza and am desperate for floor lights. Will trade a gold nugget or NMTs for touching.

Similarly, if anyone has imperial furniture (preferably in red) other than the chest and room divider, I'm looking for those.

I’ve got a light blue floor light

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Excellent start! Do you want anything in trade?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Bonster posted:

Excellent start! Do you want anything in trade?

I don’t think I’ve touched any imperial furniture. If you have any I could touch that’d be great! If not, don’t worry about it. I’m open right now if you wanna pop on over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

E-flat posted:

I don’t think I’ve touched any imperial furniture. If you have any I could touch that’d be great! If not, don’t worry about it. I’m open right now if you wanna pop on over.

I'll bring what I have