Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

5 (At least Bob is admitting to his laziness today.)

13 (go gently caress yourself, Gary)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"My feed is mainstream major news networks quoting experts."
"Mine too: Fox News, OANN, Breitbart."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

"My feed is mainstream major news networks quoting experts."
"Mine too: Fox News, OANN, Breitbart."
There was a kind of long time in my education between the time that I learned how to cite sources, and when I learned how to find out if sources were worth citing. Clearly, a huge chunk of Americans got the first part of the education but never got the second.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

5 (At least Bob is admitting to his laziness today.)

I was about to say that this is a pretty decent take, but then I realized he's probably saying that "unrest" is bad, and not the things that are causing it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Fuuuuuucck offfffff you tiresome hack

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

'The quiet person you pass on the street': Secret prisoner Witness J revealed (ABC).
Witness K and the 'outrageous' spy scandal that failed to shame Australia (Guardian).

Knight:

Robodebt: government to refund 470,000 unlawful Centrelink debts worth $721m (Guardian).

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Don't feel too bad. There were still percentages!

What the gently caress is this even trying to say? I can clearly understand that it's racist, but that's about it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What the gently caress is this even trying to say? I can clearly understand that it's racist, but that's about it.
Tiger's marital infidelity is causing high black unemployment, obviously.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I might be interpreting it wrong but it's a Lester so whatever - I think what he's trying to say is "Even black people prefer white people, look at who Tiger Woods sleeps with."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CuwiKhons posted:

I might be interpreting it wrong but it's a Lester so whatever - I think what he's trying to say is "Even black people prefer white people, look at who Tiger Woods sleeps with."

That's horrible! But it's a Lester cartoon so you're probably right, Christ.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Didn't expect to see Lisa arguing that the majority of censored voices on Twitter would be on the left.

Gaybies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When the Death Mountain is spewing ash and the sky is black and the lava floes are approaching our city and one person is saying "Let's get out of here" and the other is saying "This is all bullshit" there's no loving equivalency. It's not a political issue.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat, I guess guns and shootings are a problem now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

IIRC, part of the scandal was that Tiger was hiring prostitutes.

So yeah, Lester is saying Black Unemployment is higher than White because Tiger hires white prostitutes instead of black ones.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

IIRC, part of the scandal was that Tiger was hiring prostitutes.

So yeah, Lester is saying Black Unemployment is higher than White because Tiger hires white prostitutes instead of black ones.
Wow, I could hardly think of an uglier way to express the idea that blacks are responsible for black unemployment.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Vib Rib posted:

It's nice of him to point out the Dems' admirable slaying of fiscal restraint in a time of economic crisis, since that is in fact the right response.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, I could hardly think of an uglier way to express the idea that blacks are responsible for black unemployment.

That's why they pay Lester the big bucks.
You gotta be a real wifebeating piece of poo poo to spin that sort of racism.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

Guns never represent guns in a Ramirez toon. They are always a stand-in for some abstract concept, like fiscal irresponsibility or gun violence.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

You know, I have never a version of this complaint that included examples of the kind of speech getting "censored." You'd think they'd have a much stronger showing of their case if they could show equivalent messages where only one is allowed to fly. :thunk:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You know, I have never a version of this complaint that included examples of the kind of speech getting "censored." You'd think they'd have a much stronger showing of their case if they could show equivalent messages where only one is allowed to fly. :thunk:
Why can liberals say "black people deserve rights" but I can't say "black people don't deserve rights"? #censorship #leftwingmediabias #jewsdid911 #freespeech

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Also wasn't Mitch McConnell the one suggesting states declare bankruptcy in order to get rid of pensions?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Clearly, a huge chunk of Americans got the first part of the education
No

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson easing lockdown — Up to six friends or relatives will be able to gather in parks and gardens from Monday, two metres apart, Boris Johnson has said in a cautious easing of lockdown restrictions in England"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Ferdinand Bol.

Times:

Twitter hides Donald Trump tweet for 'glorifying violence'

Stephen Collins:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
STAY DRIBBLY
HUG EVERYONE
LICK TABLES

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Payne somehow managed the worst comic in that grouping by many miles. God what a lovely person. Even Ramirez can see the way the winds are blowing and poke at trump.

Payne doesn't always have the worst takes, but theyre always slimed over with boomer privilege.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is different from normal how?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Johnny Walker posted:

"Masks bad!"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Normally, going to work doesn't cause you or anyone else to die from a viral pandemic. It still sucks to be an indentured servant to the 1%, but it wasn't an active threat to public health in the before time.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Pander posted:

Payne somehow managed the worst comic in that grouping by many miles. God what a lovely person. Even Ramirez can see the way the winds are blowing and poke at trump.

Payne doesn't always have the worst takes, but theyre always slimed over with boomer privilege.

I was gonna ask why paynes on such a tear regarding whitmer, but he probably lives in Michigan, going by his email. I guess its like how alles refuses to shut up about Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania; he himself is being inconvenienced, so that's the most important news of the day.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Alles worked for a local paper so it was literally his job.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

I was gonna ask why paynes on such a tear regarding whitmer, but he probably lives in Michigan, going by his email. I guess its like how alles refuses to shut up about Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania; he himself is being inconvenienced, so that's the most important news of the day.

Payne lives in Bloomfield Hills, a suburb of Detroit that's 90% white and is the third-wealthiest municipality in the country. His accusations of Democrats being nose-in-the-air elitists are pretty rich coming from someone who can go weeks without seeing a black person or a house worth less than half a million dollars.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Ah yes, this is what I want lady justice to do, extrajudicially choke people to death.

Maybe don't draw the good character doing something strongly associated with something horribly vile.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Thoughtless posted:

Ah yes, this is what I want lady justice to do, extrajudicially choke people to death.

Maybe don't draw the good character doing something strongly associated with something horribly vile.

I was genuinely unsure if it's that or if the cartoon is actually saying that it's the police who get treated unfairly by the justice system. That poor man was charged for a crime after all.
But the cool sounding speech bubbles and the badge make it a bit more clear, what the artists intend is. It's just that he has a hard one for violence.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

cant cook creole bream posted:

I was genuinely unsure if it's that or if the cartoon is actually saying that it's the police who get treated unfairly by the justice system. That poor man was charged for a crime after all.
But the cool sounding speech bubbles and the badge make it a bit more clear, what the artists intend is. It's just that he has a hard one for violence.

I believe what's happening is Justice is preparing to lower Its rear end on (Not Sure?)'s face.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

remember that he did a whole arc about how Winslow's liberal family is completely insane for recycling and trying to use less energy, and in fact ICE prison was preferable to having to live in the suburbs with a slightly-more-environmentally-friendly-than-average family

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lisa, you do not understand Maxwell's demon. Just stop.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

VitalSigns posted:

remember that he did a whole arc about how Winslow's liberal family is completely insane for recycling and trying to use less energy, and in fact ICE prison was preferable to having to live in the suburbs with a slightly-more-environmentally-friendly-than-average family
What ICE prison? There was no ICE prison. Carmen just went off to get ice-cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Xander77 posted:

Carmen just went off to get ice-cream.
That sounds like a plot with potential resolution.

I don't believe you.