Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

you think that's a good post go check out the trump thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

endlessmonotony posted:

I'd keep quiet if I were you.

Just don't think about it. It couldn't ever have been any other way.

Now there's a song I haven't told you about...

this is an extremely finnish version of persona that involves drinking reindeer piss isn't it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m already brainstorming what to do about Thanksgiving

maybe cook up a couple dozen thanksgiving meals so friends can pick them up on my porch and we can simultaneously eat together on zoom

gonna be a weird holiday season

what is Christmas going to look like

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yup this is still my fav video especially the guy's face the end.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article243092896.html

quote:

A Miami assisted living facility has been shuttered after it allowed a COVID-19 positive staffer to care for residents with no protective gear other than a surgical mask and took no precautions to safeguard its residents — more than half of whom tested positive for COVID-19.

Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration shut down South Florida Home Services for “a failure to protect residents from the coronavirus,” according to the emergency suspension order filed Thursday.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Florida has a particularly deplorable record for retirement homes especially since the industry was able to successfully to lobby to remove even more regulations and oversight over the last few years.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Ruptly/status/1266708436508704773

:bustem:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711223657205763

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

lol caucescu cosplay in the white house

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Is he still in lockdown in the white house? because lol if he's stuck in a windowless bunker with infected people while people riot outside.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

We couldn't have known

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So does tear gas protect against covid like nicotine does

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

what the gently caress???

holy moley lol

should be blocked for glorifying violence too

mystes
May 31, 2006

This must be that Hunger Games prequel I've been hearing about.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mistle posted:

Maybe they value people's lives and don't want the pilot to :airquote: accidentally :airquote: fall out an airplane window while it's flying or something, I dunno. :shrug:

I can tell you right now the last thing Air India values is people's lives.

When I lived there it was a funny story that a huge plane was flying without a copilot, and of course he went to the bathroom and locked himself out of the cabin.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1266574256105820162

It's been 10 hours since this, how many cases we got now?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

mystes posted:

This must be that Hunger Games prequel I've been hearing about.

Legends of the Hidden Trumpo

YOU COULD START BY BREACHING THE WHITE HOUSE FENCE

MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH THE TOMB OF THE CHEETOH"S UNWASHED rear end in a top hat

SIT ON THE THRONE OF THE SHITHEAD FASCIST

GRAB THE ORB AND MAKE YOUR WAY BACK TO THE WHITE HOUSE GATES

THE CHOICE IS YOURS, AND YOURS ALONE

GOOD LUCK

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

deffo

what would be our major advantage in comparison to the united states in that we have a much stronger federal government with far greater reach of action in states, a stronger centralized Union overall

but when the president is actively sabotaging proper procedures because bolsonaro is a supremely obtuse motherfucker, yeah, this happens

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Steve Yun posted:

I’m already brainstorming what to do about Thanksgiving

maybe cook up a couple dozen thanksgiving meals so friends can pick them up on my porch and we can simultaneously eat together on zoom

gonna be a weird holiday season

what is Christmas going to look like

I am glad I have spent nearly my entire adult life alone on the holidays because I won’t even notice the difference.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just caught up on all the news from last night and this morning. Nationwide protests, riots, people fighting back against cops and winning, poo poo on fi re, +125,500 new cases worldwide which is a record for this virus, over 25,000 new American cases even as we reopen (and that's WITH every state fudging numbers)

Going into work feels so loving silly and pointless now

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

This poo poo got to him, this is how you break the antimattering shield

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1266574256105820162

It's been 10 hours since this, how many cases we got now?

Its a 10 day incubation period we wont know till like next wednesday

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

america has 100% forgotten about covid19 now, we off that

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Wamsutta posted:

Maybe, but Covid-19 hasn't forgotten about us.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wamsutta posted:

it ended like 2 weeks ago so it's understandable.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
With wedding invitations and all this other poo poo now planned for June we had to set an “are we the crazy ones?” date. Picked 4 weeks from Memorial Day. If cases remain stagnant or decreasing after Memorial Day and all this then we gotta go back to some semblance of normal.

Feeling pretty extreme cognitive dissonance/anxiety. Am I paranoid? It’s different from most “nutty” stuff in that I can’t believe it quietly or recommend a good book (“oh that’s not a theory, go read Killing Hope!”).

What data would you base this decision on?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

wet_goods posted:

This poo poo got to him, this is how you break the antimattering shield
They should start beating and burning Trump effigies in front of the white house. We'll see the pissbaby poo poo his pants bigly.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

etalian posted:

The funniest corona video is still the one with that blonde chick with the weird voice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sunny Side Up posted:

With wedding invitations and all this other poo poo now planned for June we had to set an “are we the crazy ones?” date. Picked 4 weeks from Memorial Day. If cases remain stagnant or decreasing after Memorial Day and all this then we gotta go back to some semblance of normal.

Feeling pretty extreme cognitive dissonance/anxiety. Am I paranoid? It’s different from most “nutty” stuff in that I can’t believe it quietly or recommend a good book (“oh that’s not a theory, go read Killing Hope!”).

"stagnant"? Like, the type of stagnant that has us at 1.7 million American cases and over 100k deaths in two months? That's acceptable safe to just go back to normal?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Sunny Side Up posted:

you are a colossal idiot do a courthouse marriage and have a ceremony next year and don’t blindly kill your friends and family you simple loving child

i so hope this is a copy paste and you’re not dumb enough to read this thread and still think a wedding is a good idea

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sunny Side Up posted:

You're having a wedding at the end of June? Well it'll be nice to say goodbye to all your elderly relatives at once I guess

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

uninterrupted posted:

you are a colossal idiot do a courthouse marriage and have a ceremony next year and don’t blindly kill your friends and family you simple loving child

i so hope this is a copy paste and you’re not dumb enough to read this thread and still think a wedding is a good idea

My understanding is that he's not planning a wedding, he's just picking a date by which if things haven't gotten worse he's going to cool down all the covid precautions and stuff

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Sunny Side Up posted:

were getting married at a chapel the second the border opens w/a ceremony tentatively set in rural BC next fall

we'll see

have pitched we just do it all this fall & drain me of plasma for the gift bags

openerup

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fwiw my cousin cancelled her early July wedding and is having the party next year for her anniversary

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
thats a rlly good idea too but my mom would kill me

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean covid can continue at present levels forever right

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Charlz Guybon posted:

Mayor McCheese is the only legitimate burger leader

do yall remember the sexy hamburgler from a few years ago

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shovelbum posted:

I mean covid can continue at present levels forever right

It sure seems headed to be endemic but these protests might be mass spreading events to keep it from being endemic. But then again since there's so many masks and they're outside maybe not !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1266750751604424704

looks llike im gonna win