Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ArbitraryC posted:

They're underrated in the US too, I think they get a bad rap as trashy and it becomes a cyclical problem.

I get a slice of pizza or a corndog or something at the Circle K on the way to work sometimes, or walk over to do so.

The people in my office act like I'm eating something I found in a garbage can. :rolleyes: their pizza is better than half the local places around here

edit: a shameful snipe in the neet thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
when I'm feeling down, I too, like to make the meal that caused the insane, initial spiral of parental auto-annihilation

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

I get a slice of pizza or a corndog or something at the Circle K on the way to work sometimes, or walk over to do so.

The people in my office act like I'm eating something I found in a garbage can. :rolleyes: their pizza is better than half the local places around here

edit: a shameful snipe in the neet thread

Yeah the hot food at 7-11's and such is cheap and tasty, imo it's basically the modern edition of actual fast food, with most 2020 drive through chains hitting the pricepoint of cheap dine in places. I lived in an apartment complex that was less than a block from a corner store which also had community recycling in it's parking lot. I ended up going over there like every other day for something - beer, coffee, slurpees, hot food, junk food. I also gained like 30 pounds when I lived there and immediately lost it when I moved away, so you know buyer beware.

They work when they're convenient and in walkable distances, which is admittedly kinda rare with america being so heavily designed for cars.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
That sexy noodle slurp lol.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Huff slurp yeah bad for my body slurururp nothing wrong with that

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

hmm what is wrong with "bad ________?"

i dunno neet could it be the badness?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

If I was Tohru I am not sure I would be worried about ensuring a long life either.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

simplefish posted:

hmm what is wrong with "bad ________?"

i dunno neet could it be the badness?

I'm glad this came through; the original Japanese is even more deserving of that response. It's almost literally "What is bad with bad for body?"

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Holy poo poo the narrator's back!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Does the narrator being back mean that Tohru is going to go nuts and start trying to kill people again?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It does indeed.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Tohru might decide at any time to kill himself for forgetting to buy soy sauce for the ramen or whatever. He has a history of suicide in some other timelines. He is a very isolated loner. Almost all his 'developmemts' in personal philosophy are completely in his head, without recourse to much actual data or any external challenging. IMO he's rarely more than half an hour away from thinking himself into doing something extremely stupid in one way or another. His only friend Oda is an opinionated eccentric, but hey at least it's a second opinion.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Hot Stunt posted:

Does the narrator being back mean that Tohru is going to go nuts and start trying to kill people again?

Fingers crossed. Hoping for the medium to be offed backstage right before he and Oda are supposed to go on and then Oda and Tohru get up to wacky hijinks trying to hide the body.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

"what kind of food do u like the best?"
neet: "slippery."

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

End of Meal

Sister Make fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 29, 2020

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i missed the narrator :unsmith:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dude just straight up passed out

he's lucky he didn't drown in leftover noodle broth

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

simplefish posted:

"what kind of food do u like the best?"
neet: "slippery."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=330D6MI0SNw

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I hope something wacky or a meal happens soon.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Has NEET given up his video game addiction at the arcade? He seems to just enjoy long walks around town now.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I for one enjoy the extremely slow burn that is NEET just thinking about how much he likes ambling around while ambling around and similar activities

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Ambling is the new self defence.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

If this were a normal comic I'd be afraid something terrible were about to happen.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Next page: Oda gets back with his ex

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Grevling posted:

I hope something happens soon.

ftfy

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Here we go, finally. Maybe he'll run away and live in the country like he considered many pages ago.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

NEET just invented the blues.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

lofi posted:

NEET just invented the blues.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wow, Tohro can get a train somewhere and eat at a new place!

Or maybe he'll philosophise himself out of the idea.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
He took the midnight train going a-ny-where! :guitar:

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

motherfucker didnt just sleep with his ramen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010