Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

benisntfunny posted:

I kicked Cole off my island for being a bug lover so he’s in boxes if anyone wants a nice rabbit.

I'd take him if I didn't have Doc, the best lazy bunny, already

On my way to grab that space suit tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

precision posted:

I'd take him if I didn't have Doc, the best lazy bunny, already

On my way to grab that space suit tho

Honestly I kind of liked him but I decided since my four year old named my island “Kitty Isle” I should start populating with all cats and Stinky showed up today offering to move and make Cole leave. Eventually I’ll let all noncats go including blue bear who is actually the best.

Edit: also thanks for watering

benisntfunny fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 30, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

precision posted:

I've gotten gifts and given lots of them and still haven't gotten any quest type things or catch phrases or anything unique really

Is my game broken :(

You're not good enough friends with your town members.

Wrap your gifts, give gifts that are expensive enough that you will get something back from it. This will maximize the points you get each day.

There are levels of friendship. You don't get asked about catchphrases until your friendship is higher. Same for the other things.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Prowler posted:

You're not good enough friends with your town members.

Wrap your gifts, give gifts that are expensive enough that you will get something back from it. This will maximize the points you get each day.

There are levels of friendship. You don't get asked about catchphrases until your friendship is higher. Same for the other things.

Ugh, but I don't wanna play it like a game :(

I guess I'll just be patient. Mira has sent me 3 letters in the past week so I'm guessing at least she likes me :)

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

precision posted:

The Gacha bullshit is real :(

Spent 12 nook miles tix looking for my 10th villager. Now, I know 12 is not a big number, but I wasn't looking for anyone special, just ANY good villager

I got 12 in a row that were "gaudy" and annoying. Not a single cat even. Only one squirrel and it was a bad one (the one with the weird blonde wig)

Anyone have a good villager in boxes? Or just a few NMT? :\

Still want some NMTs? I can spare a couple.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

precision posted:

Ugh, but I don't wanna play it like a game :(

I guess I'll just be patient. Mira has sent me 3 letters in the past week so I'm guessing at least she likes me :)

For what it is worth, the higher your friendship level, the more points you get for giving gifts that prompt reciprocation (e.g. money back or a gift back). For example gift that would normally increase your friendship by 3 points might increase it by 5 instead, were you better friends with them. So, basically, things get a little faster. Just be patient--that's what this game is all about.

Most of us have played the game for over 60 days at this point.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
How did I not figure out until literally this morning that you can arrange inventory?

Hnnnnnnng. All the time I’ve spent dropping poo poo and picking it back up to reorder things. 😕

Prowler
May 24, 2004

https://twitter.com/carrotsprout_/status/1266607474032783361

Not enough patience in a million years...

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Hot drat! The things people do in this game...

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Excellent!

Now put fences at the top of the walls so visitors can't cheat and go over them. :devil:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i didn't realize how many clothes I had bought until it took me almost four hours, with help to move them from my shared island to my own island. And since I currently only have 120 storage spots in my tiny house, seeing everything laying out on the lawn is hillarious.

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
I have Cherry in boxes if anyone would like to come to my island, Discovery, and adopt her. She is a very cute pink and black dog who I unfortunately never clicked with. I'm still pretty early so I don't have any spare recipes or anything but there are some great clothes in the shop and Olaf is crafting a chocolate herringbone wall. I'll open my island for the next 2 hours or until she's adopted, whichever comes first.

Dodo code is Closed

seventimessix fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 30, 2020

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

seventimessix posted:

I have Cherry in boxes if anyone would like to come to my island, Discovery, and adopt her. She is a very cute pink and black dog who I unfortunately never clicked with. I'm still pretty early so I don't have any spare recipes or anything but there are some great clothes in the shop and Olaf is crafting a chocolate herringbone wall. I'll open my island for the next 2 hours or until she's adopted, whichever comes first.

Dodo code is 8XJJF

Coming!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Big question before i rip something up, for all the people getting fake/ art from villagers via redd, do you have an incline to redd?

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Sup Goons!

The gates to Amity will be open for a few hours. Feel free to pick some fruit and grab some free poo poo in the stalls by the airport! I will be semi afk, but I would love some feedback on the town decor!

Turnip prices are 134

Dodo code is: N0Y0F

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Big question before i rip something up, for all the people getting fake/ art from villagers via redd, do you have an incline to redd?

I don't. I carved out a small bit of my island from the corner closest to the "north beach" and just walk to him.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LODGE NORTH posted:

I don't. I carved out a small bit of my island from the corner closest to the "north beach" and just walk to him.

brb carving a straight path through the rock to my secret beach

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Stool Sample posted:

Sup Goons!

The gates to Amity will be open for a few hours. Feel free to pick some fruit and grab some free poo poo in the stalls by the airport! I will be semi afk, but I would love some feedback on the town decor!

Turnip prices are 134

Dodo code is: N0Y0F

Did you close already?

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

HaB posted:

Did you close already?

I didn't, but I was/am playing a game on my ps4 at the same time. I'm going to redo the code, if it drops again I'll have to wait until I'm done with the other game to open I guess:

New code: 7WQRD

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

What I mean is, do you need a ladder to his boat beach?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

After literal weeks of ignoring her, my first neighbor, Flo is moving out.

She’s getting replaced by Chester the panda who I believe is lazy, since he talked about bugs in the tent. Most of my drat island is lazy, but Flo had to go. She was the fuckin’ worst.

She was the sister type I think, and man, what a jerk.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like it disconnected again. I may try again later, if celeste shows up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The RNG gods are smiling on me this week, a second new villager that seems pretty rad :toot:

He kicked out Lucha, who I like but has been around for long enough that I didn't feel like resetting to try again. Such is life on Deep Sea 9. Anyway Lucha will be packing in a couple days if anyone wants a cute little punchbird!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

What I mean is, do you need a ladder to his boat beach?

Yeah, that's what I mean, I avoided all that by carving out some land.

https://i.imgur.com/o35E3TO.mp4

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean, I avoided all that by carving out some land.

https://i.imgur.com/o35E3TO.mp4

Woah ok, way more elegant than what I was gonna do. Thank you.

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
Has anyone seen a chess set in this game?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

RobertLeeYates posted:

My wife had one in her cranny a couple of days ago but forgot to buy it.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

RobertLeeYates posted:

Yep, have one catalogued and sitting on a table outside Nooks for the elderly gents who come to play.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RobertLeeYates posted:

I guess, more directly, do you need to catalog one?

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz

Prowler posted:

I guess, more directly, do you need to catalog one?

That'd be great! But if not I can play the slow game.
Edit: Just wanted to see if it existed, so thanks for the heads up!

Pirc fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 31, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RobertLeeYates posted:

That'd be great! But if not I can play the slow game.
Edit: Just wanted to see if it existed, so thanks for the heads up!

7N969

Please ignore the mess, and try not to step on anything that looks expensive.

Edit: Oh. I mean, I can close up, but you're still welcome to catalog it.

...it's not that cheap, honestly.

Edit 2: Yeah it's 90k.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 31, 2020

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
Thanks i'll come visit!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have to find a cranky villager next time I get a chance because I have none of those reactions.

I don’t want a cranky villager :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rooney's the only cranky one I've had in this game, and I would describe him as having grandpa energy more than being a grump.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RobertLeeYates posted:

Thanks i'll come visit!

My internet has been acting up all day and decided to do so again--sorry about that. Were you able to keep the cataloged information?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Captain Hygiene posted:

Rooney's the only cranky one I've had in this game, and I would describe him as having grandpa energy more than being a grump.

Same, I have Dobie right now and he's more of a slightly goofy grandpa than mean.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Cranky villagers are great! At least, Admiral is great. He’s like a salty old naval bird and is always making jokes about how old he is.

Edit: MAN this thread moves fast

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz

Prowler posted:

My internet has been acting up all day and decided to do so again--sorry about that. Were you able to keep the cataloged information?

Nope it's all good, thanks for everything.
Edit: kids love your island! They wanted to let you know.

Pirc fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 31, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RobertLeeYates posted:

Nope it's all good, thanks for everything.
Edit: kids love your island! They wanted to let you know.

Tell them thank you very much! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cranky is renamed 'old and tired' this game